What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Diary White Rhino & Friends. Fall 2021 Grow.

aliceklar

Interesting, energetic/heart-racing isn't typically how Blueberry is described. Usually more relaxing, anxiolytic, even sleepy. The BB I've personally smoked has been more of a "mild indica" kind of thing but probably weren't the best examples.

Love the fancy hand lotion description. Though when a joint like that is passed it can raise the question, did the person who rolled it just put on lotion...
Yeah... it was not at all what I expected!

Mitsuharu

White Window
Veteran
Erdpurt (ACE) - Will be making some seeds from these, inc an auto cross. Good reputation as a reliable finisher outdoors in cooler climates, with coffee/hash terps and good resin production.
Nice Lineup... Do you already have experience with auto crosses? I just pollinated my Auto Malawi x NL with a regular male the first time... Dunno what's coming out of the new seeds, maybe some autos, some semi-autos, females!? I heard it could be everything.

Reactions: zif

zif

Veteran
Nice Lineup... Do you already have experience with auto crosses? I just pollinated my Auto Malawi x NL with a regular male the first time... Dunno what's coming out of the new seeds, maybe some autos, some semi-autos, females!? I heard it could be everything.
You should find they're all photoperiod, unless the regular male has a recessive allele for the auto trait. Then you'd find 50/50 auto/photo. The F2 is where the fullly-auto plants show up, as 1/4 of the progeny. Cross them, and you've started an auto line, if the usual pattern holds.

It's really hard to tell if the 'fast' or semi-auto phenotype is real... at least outside of a large, well designed breeding program. After all, what flowering time / degree of photoperiod sensitivity would the auto parent have had, if it was not auto?

aliceklar

I thought we might not hear from you until autumn?
Yeah, I've been taking a break from growing - I had more weed than I knew what to do with and it was way too hot to grow here this summer - here we go with climate change... 🥵 - also its a pain in the ass not being able to take a break away with the family. I worry if I have to leave someone else to look after the girls! But yeah I'll probably be back with another grow once the temperature drops. I've been wanting to do a grow-room makeover, and need a new fan/filter too.

aliceklar

There's a thread linked to my sig (AKMMWR) - I've been working a line starting with 3 feminised RQS AK47 autos pollinated by a male F1 Medical Mass x White Rhino. Currently have 2 different seed lines from the two best open pollinated first gen. They were all photoperiod. I'm expecting to find 25% true-breeding autos in the next generation. The auto/photo crosses were some of the fastest plants I've grown, even tho they were not auto.

Good luck with your Malawi/NL project. As zif said, the first gen after the cross will be photos. What male did you use?

Mitsuharu

White Window
Veteran
The auto/photo crosses were some of the fastest plants I've grown, even tho they were not auto.
Yeah, they should be semi-autos, i hope mine will be good for outdoor. Got 65 nice seeds out of the small plant and i even pollinated only 2 side branches. :)

20220811_182636-01.jpeg

This [Malawi x NL Auto] x Orange Bud aka Orange Sky i called Malawi Sun. :biggrin:

20220821_112345-01.jpeg

20220821_112405-01.jpeg

As a male i used a regular Orange Bud. Great genetics from the netherlands which i already had used many years ago for my first cross with a Passion #1... I called it Purple Cloud, it's a great purple strain which is fast, grew it many times outdoor. (y) I'm growing 2 of them right now semi-indoor as you can see in my report.

Thanks for the feedback. ✌️

Last edited:

aliceklar

Yeah, they should be semi-autos, i hope mine will be good for outdoor. Got 65 nice seeds out of the small plant and i even pollinated only 2 side branches. :)

View attachment 18756074

This [Malawi x NL Auto] x Orange Bud aka Orange Sky i called Malawi Sun. :biggrin:

As a male i used a regular Orange Bud. Great genetics from the netherlands which i already had used many years ago for my first cross with a Passion #1... I called it Purple Cloud, it's a great purple strain which is fast, grew it many times outdoor. (y) I'm growing 2 of them right now semi-indoor as you can see in my report.

Thanks for the feedback. ✌️
Those look like healthy seeds :) Its surprising how many you can get from just dusting a single bud!

Mitsuharu

White Window
Veteran
Yeah, a few came from another side branch too but hey it was a 30cm plant at the window. Maybe because she was very calyxe rich... the main cola was foxtailing, there were a few seeds too. I was suprised too, i expected maybe 10 good ripe seeds 😄 and then i got so many. 🥳 The pollination was totally spontaneous btw, didn't know what to do with the male so... and i never pollinated an auto strain before. :)

We should end our offtopic now. ^^ Sorry guys. 🙏

aliceklar

Any ideas on what you're gonna grow when you get back to it @aliceklar ?

I'm thinking about doing PCK or SSH next, must be feeling acronymmy. 🔠
Pretty soon! I need to get a new extractor fan for the cupboard and am doing my research. Any recommendations welcome. In the meantime, I'm going to start off the next round of the auto breeding project, and will probably document that in the other thread (see sig below). F2 (AK47 auto x (Medical Mass x White Rhino)) - or AKMMWR if we're gonna get acronymmy ;) This is the generation where the fun stuff comes out :) Alongside the AKs, I've some ACE Auto Zamaldelicas. I'll grow them all together, make seed and collect pollen from any AK autos, and dust some Zam buds.

Funny, I'm barely smoking at the moment (some post-covid lung issues... dammit) but still stoked about growing.

goingrey

Pretty soon! I need to get a new extractor fan for the cupboard and am doing my research. Any recommendations welcome. In the meantime, I'm going to start off the next round of the auto breeding project, and will probably document that in the other thread (see sig below). F2 (AK47 auto x (Medical Mass x White Rhino)) - or AKMMWR if we're gonna get acronymmy ;) This is the generation where the fun stuff comes out :) Alongside the AKs, I've some ACE Auto Zamaldelicas. I'll grow them all together, make seed and collect pollen from any AK autos, and dust some Zam buds.

Funny, I'm barely smoking at the moment (some post-covid lung issues... dammit) but still stoked about growing.
Sounds great!

Sorry to hear about the health issues. Hope you heal up to a full recovery soon! So far I've managed to dodge the 'rona but seems like it's not stopping the rounds and eventually we all just have to get it. Not looking forward to that but what can you do. Can totally relate to loving the plants and growing even while barely smoking though, on the same program myself not even sure why.

aliceklar

begins.jpg

And we're off. Started a batch of the AK auto project F2s (all three maternal seedlines), alongside an ACE Auto Zamaldelica. I'll be documenting the AKs in the auto breeding thread (see link in sig).

This is mostly a test/seed grow, so I'm using lots of seeds and will select for the best.

3 x A4 seedline
4 x B2 seedline
4 x C1 seedline

4 seeds per pot (44 seeds planted total). Assuming c 50% germination, I expect to recover 10 true autos, and hopefully a mix of males and females. Pollen will be collected for the next phase, to start a new batch of auto breeding projects suitable for guerilla grows (w Highland Thai, Syrian, Erdpurt, Johaar etc). And obvs I'll be hitting a bud or two of the auto feminised Zamaldelica with auto pollen. That should be fun :)

20220916_1.jpg
20220916_11.jpg

Last edited:

aliceklar

Restraining myself from pestering the seeds I planted only yesterday... :ROFLMAO:

Thinking about what to plant in round two - as all will be recipients of the auto pollen from round one. Would like to create some good seeds for guerilla grows in cooler latitudes that could be planted earlier in the year. That might be drought tolerant, as well as rain. Johaar and Highland Thai in auto form would be fun, and the TRSC Syrian sounds suited to drought.

Now to clean out and repaint the growroom.

aliceklar

Restraining myself from pestering the seeds I planted only yesterday... :ROFLMAO:

Thinking about what to plant in round two - as all will be recipients of the auto pollen from round one. Would like to create some good seeds for guerilla grows in cooler latitudes that could be planted earlier in the year. That might be drought tolerant, as well as rain. Johaar and Highland Thai in auto form would be fun, and the TRSC Syrian sounds suited to drought. Will have to do a lot of backcrossing :D But its a fun goal.

goingrey

Thinking about what to plant in round two - as all will be recipients of the auto pollen from round one. Would like to create some good seeds for guerilla grows in cooler latitudes that could be planted earlier in the year. That might be drought tolerant, as well as rain. Johaar and Highland Thai in auto form would be fun, and the TRSC Syrian sounds suited to drought.

Yeah something that can handle heat and drought from June through August and then heavy rains and even frost both before and after would be nice. Maybe that's asking too much. :D Maybe not.

Latest posts

Latest posts