What's new

Diary White Rhino & Friends. Fall 2021 Grow.

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
About 2-3 times the volume of yours maybe, you can see the mouthpipe on the top.
We can also see the (very slim?!) wallet of mr dots hiding behind the vape.

Yo PC.. its a Boundless CF, older one which still has conspicuous light up temp indicator..
Click image for larger version  Name:	20220403_085231.jpg Views:	7 Size:	61.7 KB ID:	18116384

About 2-3 times the volume of yours maybe, you can see the mouthpipe on the top.
We can also see the (very slim?!) wallet of mr dots hiding behind the vape.

Hehe yes it is bro:biglaugh:

Last edited:

PCBuds

Wild Raccoons like peanuts and cheese slices. 🧀
(I didn't know that they drink coffee??)
If you feed them, they will be your freind. lol

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20210814-212025_Samsung Internet.jpg Views:	0 Size:	142.2 KB ID:	18116415

I'll stop dragging AK's thread sideways now. lol

aliceklar

😏 lol

In other news, I chopped the F1 Sherbet Queen x Afghan yesterday. Hanging after an initial trim next to Purple bud #2. Hands and scissors covered in sticky sweet resin. Delicious.

Interesting to grow multiple cuts of the same plant - shows how they respond differently to different training/conditions. The SQxA that I've still got in flower is an untopped clone, grown up well over a metre tall with a single dominant cola. The one now hanging was repeatedly topped, "S"-bent and tied, and had a few grafts (since removed). Much stockier plant with multiple colas. Excited to try this one. The mother was a sweet and seductively strong smoke.

The Purple Bud#2 was likewise an untopped clone - again growing to a (fairly short) plant with one dominant cola. Filled a gap nicely, and speedy to mature in 2 litres of coco & perlite. This cut would do well with a long veg & multiple toppings.

20220403_113151_7.jpg - Click image for larger version  Name:	20220403_113151_7.jpg Views:	0 Size:	79.4 KB ID:	18116715

Tried the F2 MMxWR#5 again last night. Bedtime smoke for sure. Out like the dead. Should call it Charon. Sad now that I don't have this one backed up... Its an exceptional knock-out smoke. I think I seeded a lower bud with the Bagseed Gelato x Afghan male tho... 😈

aliceklar

Only six left in flower now. End of season. I guess this is most people's idea of optimal spacing, but for me it feels sparse. At least with the improved air circ I shouldnt get any more bud mould.

In the lower space there's Blueberry, Sherbet Queen x Afghan, Green Gelato, and a 3rd Purple Bud cutting.
20220408_234312_6.jpg

20220408_234906_5.jpg

20220407_223756_7.jpg

20220407_223816_7.jpg

20220408_234826_8.jpg

In the top space, a Medical Mass (nearly ready to chop, on plain pH'd water) and the last C6 budding nicely and stretching towards the light. The one drying now (64 days) I reckon could still have done with an extra week or two. Might try to take this one a bit longer. Will need some extra support.
20220408_234312_6.jpg

PCBuds

OKAY,
One more little tug sideways,

I wanted to say to Dots, that I fricken LOVE this picture !!

Screenshot_20220408-201740_DuckDuckGo.jpg

It's obvious that your friend is holding up your vape pipe so that doesn't fall over when you reach for it.

aliceklar

1.4 plants per sqft I think is commercial industry standard.
And 60g/sqft yield to be profitable..

Those buds look scrumdiddly ak:thank you:

Thanks dots 🤩

By that calculation, I should have c 10-12 plants in total in the space, which seems about right. Although I could technically just max it out with one big multi-grafted scrog plant in each space... Not bothered about commercial yeild - am just growing for myself and my nearest & dearest 💗 Might do an estimate of the grams tho - over the last 3 grows I've gone from producing jam jars to 500ml mason jars, to needing multiple 1000ml mason jars - am on a learning curve! Biggest yeilder so far has been the Bagseed Gelato x Johaar - one plant produced 3 full 1000ml mason jars of trimmed bud.

Chuffed with the results from using coco and bottled nutes. Next time might reduce the amount of perlite (some plants were up to 40% perlite), and use fewer plants but in bigger pots to give a bit more resilience with watering. Am minded to keep with the same nutes - Canna A+B, with supplemental Biobizz Bloom in flower, ranging from c600ppm in veg to around 1200ppm in peak flower. And keep the same mix of pH'd tapwater and rainwater, with a little epsom salts. That formula has worked well.

zif

Veteran
Thanks dots 🤩

By that calculation, I should have c 10-12 plants in total in the space, which seems about right. Although I could technically just max it out with one big multi-grafted scrog plant in each space... Not bothered about commercial yeild - am just growing for myself and my nearest & dearest 💗 Might do an estimate of the grams tho - over the last 3 grows I've gone from producing jam jars to 500ml mason jars, to needing multiple 1000ml mason jars - am on a learning curve! Biggest yeilder so far has been the Bagseed Gelato x Johaar - one plant produced 3 full 1000ml mason jars of trimmed bud.

Chuffed with the results from using coco and bottled nutes. Next time might reduce the amount of perlite (some plants were up to 40% perlite), and use fewer plants but in bigger pots to give a bit more resilience with watering. Am minded to keep with the same nutes - Canna A+B, with supplemental Biobizz Bloom in flower, ranging from c600ppm in veg to around 1200ppm in peak flower. And keep the same mix of pH'd tapwater and rainwater, with a little epsom salts. That formula has worked well.

Your plants are looking great. Seems like your little setback ended up being quite the opposite. =)

Any more auto work on the horizon?

PCBuds

,.. And keep the same mix of pH'd tapwater and rainwater, with a little epsom salts. That formula has worked well.

I've discovered that the PH starts to rise once the plants are in flower.
f-e has noticed that too.

It's a good idea to check the PH of your runoff to see what's happening in the substrate, and maybe start watering with a lower PH to keep the substrate in the sweet spot.

aliceklar

I've discovered that the PH starts to rise once the plants are in flower.
f-e has noticed that too.

It's a good idea to check the PH of your runoff to see what's happening in the substrate, and maybe start watering with a lower PH to keep the substrate in the sweet spot.

Yeah good call PC. I havent checked for a while. The runoff from flushing the Sherbet Queen x Afghan just now was 1060ppm, pH 5.9, so thats pretty good, lower than I would have expected. I'll measure the input again too, but the old pattern was super high run-off, so 5.9 is sweet. With the current setup I'm expecting input pH of 5.5 or 5.6 and ppm of 800-900.

aliceklar

Your plants are looking great. Seems like your little setback ended up being quite the opposite. =)

Any more auto work on the horizon?

Cheers zif - good to see you around! Yeah, through adversity etc ;)

re the autos, yeah, I've got the first F2 batch planned but they will have to wait until September now. Identified the best two plants out of three female lines from the F1 (smoking for science), and will use seeds from both of those (had done an open pollination). The "A" line had the biggest strongest plants, but the high veered into paranoia, so I'm not continuing that line.

Reactions: zif

PCBuds

Yeah good call PC. I havent checked for a while. The runoff from flushing the Sherbet Queen x Afghan just now was 1060ppm, pH 5.9, so thats pretty good, lower than I would have expected. I'll measure the input again too, but the old pattern was super high run-off, so 5.9 is sweet. With the current setup I'm expecting input pH of 5.5 or 5.6 and ppm of 800-900.

If you're flushing now, you should be fine. It's when the plants are pigging out on phosphorus during flower that the PH creeps up higher.

I don't flush with water at the end.
I would rather have my plants die of old age than being starved to death. Lol

aliceklar

Just checked the input pH and ppm. pH 5.8 on the nose, and 790ppm. That's with 2ml Canna A, 2ml Canna B, and 2.5ml Biobizz Bloom to 1200ml of water (mixed 7:5 rainwater to tapwater, with the tapwater amended with nitric acid pH down and a little epsom salts. Before adding the Canna and Biobzz, the pH'd water mix is 203ppm, pH6.2). Temp 19.5C. Seems perfect for everything except for the RQS Green Gelato, which has shown some leaf fade, although its nearing the end now anyway... (58 days, just over 8 weeks).

20220410_210705_8.jpg

Blueberry has been on plain water for a week or so, and is showing some lush leaf colours. 70 days / 10 weeks. Will let it dry a few days then chop.

20220410_210442_1.jpg

Medical Mass has just reached 7 weeks (49 days), and again has been on plain water for a while. Ripening nicely, again I'm going to give it a few days to dry and then chop.

20220410_210644_8.jpg

F1 Sherbet Queen x Afghan is looking (and smelling) fine, at 58 days. Its a great plant and I am v happy I have this backed up as a graft (as well as a male F1 of the same batch). I spent all day on Saturday sampling the first of these, harvested 2nd of April at 12 weeks. Beautiful happy chilled high. Day went by in a blissful blur. Smells like spicy candy. Its a big (tall) plant and the untopped clone is about 140cm - in a 2 litre pot of coco. The one that I had topped and grafted onto stayed more managable.

20220410_210517_7.jpg

PCBuds

Just checked the input pH and ppm. pH 5.8 on the nose, and 790ppm. That's with 2ml Canna A, 2ml Canna B, and 2.5ml Biobizz Bloom to 1200ml of water (mixed 7:5 rainwater to tapwater, with the tapwater amended with nitric acid pH down and a little epsom salts. Before adding the Canna and Biobzz, the pH'd water mix is 203ppm, pH6.2),..

The main reason that I nute until the end is because I can't look at a plant and say 'it will be done in 2 weeks'.

I've grown an autoflower for 16 weeks (well past ripe. lots of dreadlocks), they usually take about 12 weeks, but my last plant only took 9½ weeks?
I dunno?

Either way, checking your PH during mid-flower is where it's most important.

I had to feed my plant at PH 4.0 or so, with multiple flushings to get the PH in my reservoir down to 5.8.

The harder you drive your plant, the more the PH fluctuates, and I've got a butt load of lights. Lol

aliceklar

20220414_230418_1.jpg
Chopped the Blueberry last night. Such a gorgeous plant - beautiful colours, mouth-watering terps, heavy with sticky buds. Happy Alice :)

20220414_230400_6.jpg

20220414_230310_2.jpg

The character of the 2 different phenos really came out in late flower - totally different bud formation on the #10 graft. Bigger and heavier, but not quite such mouth-watering terps.

Green Gelato is also getting there - gratifyingly chunky buds. Will need to be careful drying this one.

20220414_230348_2.jpg