What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

where to get good recreational in denver?

BadSushi

I picked up some Death Star from Dank next to the park hill golf club

I also picked up some tigers milk (I think that's bodhi), some blue dream, and a gg4 pre roll.

I went in search of gg4 flowers but they only had pre rolls left.

The gg4 stomped my ass before dinner lol and I was pretty impressed with the quality from these two shops.

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Just search Cannabis Cub winners from Denver and Boulder...
:yeahthats not sure if that's really a good idea.... assuming you meant search for "cannabis cup winners"
a couple years ago the green solution won a bunch of awards at the denver htcc, but i haven't ever gotten or seen anything worth money from green solution

mtntrogger

Veteran
The best stuff will always be artisanal, dispensaries are profit machines driven by supply and demand with only state regulations reigning them in, "caregivers" and other independent growers you might find by looking on social media or asking your local contacts will have better product just as a rule of thumb. Are there exceptions? Of course, but your average basement grower is going to have much better product than your average dispensary, and an exceptional basement grower is probably going to have as good or better product than an exceptional dispensary.

The Truth ! Listen to then smurph

LostTribe

Premium user
So other than the pink house and green mans where do you all recommend for rec nugs or shatter in denver?

C

cooterbrown420

i dont know about greenmans flowers. My buddy brought me some for xmas. I put them into a glass jar and by the next day it had all turned to shake. I have no idea how that even happens.

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i dont know about greenmans flowers. My buddy brought me some for xmas. I put them into a glass jar and by the next day it had all turned to shake. I have no idea how that even happens.

sounds like someone got their hand in your cookie jar maybe
:laughing:
on the real tho, everyone should have some boveda packs (62's). put one in the jar with your herb, wait a week or so, 62% humidity, easy. No crumbles to shake, never too wet, no need to burp....

what TerpeneDream said about craigslist.... is true.

C

cooterbrown420

lol i wish i could blame it on someone dipping in my jar but sadly it seems to be a theme with anything i have gotten from a dispo in Co. In my home state i dont have to place a boveda pack in my jars to keep my flowers.

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
ya it's dryer than hell here in CO,
honestly it took me over a year to wrap my head around drying & curing herb in Colorado after my "past life" in the dirty south where it is the complete opposite - humid as fuck.

i've nearly ruined a jar of herb before simply by getting super stoned and forgetting to put the lid back on before passing out.

in colorado, boveda is your friend... I even purchased the bigger ones to keep in 5 gallon buckets.

C

cooterbrown420

i agree with you i think its your humidity or lack thereof that is the issue. I tell my buddy that all the time. The smoke was good smoke just wish it would've stayed together better.

OlDirtyHuman

Got Super Lemon Haze from Kind Love. The eighth was pretty much one fat nugg. Smells like lemon cleaner big time. It was $60 after tax. Definitely the most I've paid at a dispensary. Pretty similar high to the XJ-13 I got from Wellspring for $30. Great weed if you have some cash to burn.

Terpz

They aren't in Denver, but Green Dream in Boulder is worth the trip. They have have a nice elite lineup with strains not found at other dispensaries.

Left Louis XIII right Holy grail kush
From Kind Loves connoiseur shelf, both had seeds, dried out, no terpenes. Tested in 20 percent thc which I cannot believe at all, both are very weak.

From Craigslist, again dried out, same sweet hay smell, worse then Kind Love.

Any recommendations, in town til saturday.

Last edited:

TerpeneDream

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=64965&pictureid=1549014&thumb=1]View Image[/url] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=64965&pictureid=1549013&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

Left Louis XIII right Holy grail kush
From Kind Loves connoiseur shelf, both had seeds, dried out, no terpenes. Tested in 20 percent thc which I cannot believe at all, both are very weak.

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=64965&pictureid=1549040&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

From Craigslist, again dried out, same sweet hay smell, worse then Kind Love.

Any recommendations, in town til saturday.

Hate to say it…But you'd prolly have better luck just going to a cool bar and asking. Or, straight the fuck up…ask a homeless hippy in Boulder (pearl st.). haha, soma those dudes smoke dank ass outdoors, probably cheap too. I've had the homeless give me weed and wouldn't let me pay them, back a few. Good luck

Day 2 update

After I posted the previous post, I tried a dispensary caled L'eagle. While the actually had correct strains, product was not good and similar. It did atleast give me a light buzz.

On the second day of trip, I realized denver was a bust, so I went south to Co Springs for The Lazy Lion.

The people running the Lazy Lion are young so procedural stuff was a little hectic. Their bud is much better then denver, Tahoe OG was my favorite that I got. The quality isn't as good as whay I get at home but it atleast tastes like kush and has the kush effect even being a little weak. The prices are exactly the same as what I pay at home for this level of quality.

After my trip to lazy lion, I allowed myself to get lost in CO Springs. After driving around for a while, I ended up in Manitou, which was completely unplanned. Since there are only two dispensaries, I chose to visit the better reviews on Weedmaps, Maggies Farm.

Maggies quality is the best I've seen in CO honestly. For the strains I looked at, all strains appeared to be the right strain phenotypes. Most of the selection wasnt the best quality, but they had a few that were pretty good. Not a fan of blue dream at all but there's was well grown for examples of blue dream I have seen. I purchased the Flo and Chemdawg. Flo is decent, but the Chemdawg is the best I've gotten in Colorado. It is the lowest level of what I'd consider Dank or high quality.

My advice to anyone travelling to Denver looking for true dank nug, reconsider lol. Coming to a legal state is great, though, so if you do come and have a very high tolerance, stick to hash in Denver. I have not given reviews of any oil as its not super hard to make good oil and its everywhere. If your travelling just for marijuana, no offense Colorado residents (extremely nice people), but I'd consider Oregon honestly. The scene there is much newer. If coming for music, because wow-all the shows lol, then I'd again recommend sticking with hash in Denver.

One last thing ill say about Denver bud specifically. It all has the same weird ass smell. Every single strain I bought in denver, either dispensary or delivery had same smell/taste. Its like a sweet hay smell mixed with mothballs. It was also exremly dry.

First about dryness, people say its because this area has low humidity the bud dries quick. If that was the case, then at my home which is 10 Rh with heat on, all my buds would dry out mega quick. They do not and stay the perfect consostancy for months in only decently sealed baby food jars. IMO, its the altitudes reduced air pressure compared to sea level, which makes stoarge much more important.

I really think that smell is also associated with the over use of things like neem oil and other pesticides late in flower.

I have been to five dispensaries, gone through craigslist, and to a cannabis club and got atleast two strains from each. There still is a possibility that my experience will be vastly different then someone else's here.

Good travels yall...

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts