What's new

where to get good recreational in denver?

OlDirtyHuman

Found a good deal at herbal remedies on Logan. $15 for an eighth for first time co residents. I got tango, tangerine haze x the white. As good as anything I've had from a dispensary.

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
I know it's been a while since this thread was bumped, but I didn't want to make a new thread, so hopefully this one will get a response...

I'm driving to Denver soon, and I was hoping to pick up as much wax as I can get with an out of state ID. As I understand it, the law says I can buy 7 grams, and doesn't specify flowers or wax, so I'm assuming I can get 7g of wax from one dispensary. But is that correct? Do dispensaries have different maximums from one to the next? I really don't want to go to several shops. I was hoping that, in between some business I'm tending to, I could pop into a shop and pick up 7 various grams of wax and be on my way. Is that possible?

Congrats on Finding the good, yea Denver is terrible for flower. I checked out 14er last week and it was defintell way better. Their T.R.U.T.H is straight old school Catpiss. Also got their WiFi which was OK, dried out similar to Denver bud but not as bad amd still some terps. They had a good selection. I'll add that the bud you get is better then the nugs they have on display.

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
yhea, i had some rosin from 14er holistics (in boulder i think).... was super fire.

S

SooperSmurph

Is 14er the dispensary separate from the seed company or are they partnered?

Not sure Smurph

Why are growers not better advertised in this state , many of the stores seem to get bud from wholesalers but never can give much info on the growers. When you do, you can see the trend of quality products vs growers with crap. Is there a list anywhere of the whole sale/distribution companies in the state. It would make life much easier to find quality consistantly. No matter what store I have been too, they never have the same quality product week to week. If I could go by the farms, the stores themselves wouldn't matter .

Last edited:
S

SooperSmurph

Not sure Smurph

Why are growers not better advertised in this state , many of the stores seem to get bud from wholesalers but never can give much info on the growers. When you do, you can see the trend of quality products vs growers with crap. Is there a list anywhere of the whole sale/distribution companies in the state. It would make life much easier to find quality consistantly. No matter what store I have been too, they never have the same quality product week to week. If I could go by the farms, the stores themselves wouldn't matter .
Wholesalers are ONLY allowed to sell to dispensaries, not directly to patients. A few here and there may bend the rules for people who have the paperwork to back up a larger order, but once you're part of the system, your flowers stay in the system, they want those taxes.

What I meant Smurph, is to be able to follow their drops, not purchase from them directly. Most growers have a set style and the quality of cannabis is usually similar from batch to batch, strain to strain, as long as they keep that up. You can tell over multiple purchases which growers you prefer and only buy their cannabis even if you have to drive to different disp to get it.

As it stands currently, you can only go by the shops. Since they carry multiple growers pot without letting you know, it is a complete shot in the dark going anywhere, even places that you've gotten good stuff from before.

As an example, think of Walmart camping equipment. Walmart carries many products, most not made by them, but will carry different vendors for the same product. For camping, OZARK trails vs Coleman. I know from buying Ozark trail gear that it is going to be very cheap and only last a few uses. When you buy Coleman, you can be a little more confident what you buy will last. (Maybe alcohol or coffee would have been a better example, but i think yall get the point)

If we had branding of the growers instead of the shops, we would know which grower to buy and which to never even look at. Then the smaller growers who cant keep up will be pushed out the market and you'll be left with quality producers.

This is the model Washington state has adapted and it seems much better.

Last edited:

HUGE

Veteran
What you guys are complaining about is the reason I started our shop. The takeover is here and I wanted to have atleast 1 spot where locals could get great herb. And you guys are right. It's all about attention to detail, no rushing and a proper cure. I built the trim dry cure and packaging room to be precisely controlled and slowly walk the plant through atleast a month long dry/cure on the branch process. Then more cure in the bags, then meticulous hand trim and packed at just the right moisture level. Most genetics are taken atleast 10 weeks. That's where the magic happens. But here is the problem 90% of people will pick the 25$ eighth that smells like wet hay over the 40$ AAA eight. It's sad but true. They would love to have the AAA but in the consumers mind it all comes down to price and THC. Customers come in and ask for 2 things. What's your highest THC and what is the cheapest. We have a loyal following of smokers who want quality but the vast majority just want the 2buk chuck or 30+%.

Dblbogey

I have a trip to Texas in September and was going to stop in Colorado to buy the best SATIVA I can get my little mitts on.

Do you have it? Do you have specific strains, like Malawi Gold, or Punto Rojo as an example, and if not, which ones do you have, by name?

I'm not so much concerned about prices since here in PA a good oz costs $300. and the pickings are very very slim.

Can you help provide?

mule420

Any top shelf products here are $400 plus a oz... Most of not all shops tumble the keef off of the buds before you ever see it. Prepare to be underwhelmed, depending on what your used to it might be golden. The bud tenders don't know shit and most just left a job a Micky Ds to work in the weed industry. Most places have no control over what they have in stock from day to day.

There's going to be people who disagree with me on this, that they're different they care blah,blah,blah bullshit and $$$$ that's what they sell and want...

My advice to you. Look at the weed fuck the numbers if it's covered in frost it will get you stoned, no frosting not worth shit! Smell the weed good weed will almost always have a funk smell no hay no moldy musk! Don't ask the bud tender what they like 9 times out of 10 they are pushing shit the boss told them to push... Besides bud tenders dab oil or wax or the latest craze... Spend your money wisely don't go all giggly school girl just because your in a weed shop! Shop around go to a few places before you buy! Don't be afraid to walk away! Good luck! Peace and puffs

Yea your chances of finding a real sativa of any quality is very low. The Chemdawg family is the only buds I have found to be of any quality here. The Hashy type terpene profiles seem to hold the best at this high altitude and low humidity.

Going by frost alone will lead to some bad purchases, as said alot of bud is keifed or loses resin from improper handling. If you get you a scope, youll see most trichomes have lost the heads.

Speaking of that, there's alot of bud that looks amazing, but has turned terrible due to improper care and storage.

Why is glass packaging not a thing here, baby food jars can be ordered for 20 cents or less a jar.

Pressurized inert gas paired with a Boveda 62 would also significantly reduce loss of terpenes and moisture, and thus loss of product. There has to be producers with whole harvests that sit on the shelf for a year before being discarded. I literally saw the same jars of the same bud from when I was here in January that were still here in July.

Last edited:

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
What I meant Smurph, is to be able to follow their drops, not purchase from them directly. Most growers have a set style and the quality of cannabis is usually similar from batch to batch, strain to strain, as long as they keep that up. You can tell over multiple purchases which growers you prefer and only buy their cannabis even if you have to drive to different disp to get it.

As it stands currently, you can only go by the shops. Since they carry multiple growers pot without letting you know, it is a complete shot in the dark going anywhere, even places that you've gotten good stuff from before.

As an example, think of Walmart camping equipment. Walmart carries many products, most not made by them, but will carry different vendors for the same product. For camping, OZARK trails vs Coleman. I know from buying Ozark trail gear that it is going to be very cheap and only last a few uses. When you buy Coleman, you can be a little more confident what you buy will last. (Maybe alcohol or coffee would have been a better example, but i think yall get the point)

If we had branding of the growers instead of the shops, we would know which grower to buy and which to never even look at. Then the smaller growers who cant keep up will be pushed out the market and you'll be left with quality producers.

This is the model Washington state has adapted and it seems much better.

die hard customers DO follow wholesalers and chase their drops, green dot wax a kind love is a good example, natty rems is another example.
you CAN do what you are talking abotu weedaholic, just gotta tap in....
the dispensaries are jerks for not being clear about who grew what....

colorado is flooded with bammer weed
everyone and their uncle has moved here to either middleman herb back east or to grow subpar to send back east....
the market in denver is flooded in a bad way (with junk). it's a damn feeding frenzy over there with people LOOKING hard for either the LOWEST price or the BEST herb, i'm sure its easier to find the low price bammer.....

usda101

die hard customers DO follow wholesalers and chase their drops, green dot wax a kind love is a good example, natty rems is another example.
you CAN do what you are talking abotu weedaholic, just gotta tap in....
the dispensaries are jerks for not being clear about who grew what....

colorado is flooded with bammer weed
everyone and their uncle has moved here to either middleman herb back east or to grow subpar to send back east....
the market in denver is flooded in a bad way (with junk). it's a damn feeding frenzy over there with people LOOKING hard for either the LOWEST price or the BEST herb, i'm sure its easier to find the low price bammer.....
Preach !

Gizmo

welcome legalization lol shitty price, shitty weed and how many plants can you grow legally for yourself ? 3 ? all this shit is a bad joke, a scam, if i was an american grower i will stay underground thats for sure

mule420

welcome legalization lol shitty price, shitty weed and how many plants can you grow legally for yourself ? 3 ? all this shit is a bad joke, a scam, if i was an american grower i will stay underground thats for sure

We can grow 12 with two adults in the house. 6 in veg 6 in flower, a plant is considered 10 inchs tall with roots... That's in most counties in Colorado. We don't need to register or anything so unless your breaking it off you don't haft to worry about getting your door kicked in...

Latest posts

Latest posts