What's new

Where All the Magic Happens, or Not. LOL

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
Well, got tired of waiting on the last Satori to pop up, it may not. Anyways, here we go. Pictures are of the babies, 6 Hashberry, and 5 Satori, also, 3 MK7 Clones, and the MK7 MUM. In the very far back, the dirty MK1 Biatch. Not too much to see.
Still looks great! :D

If that's the same shoplight that you've been using all along for your seedlings, I just wanted to let you know that you can drop it down nearly touching those plants. I believe it would have prevented that mutant flopping over and would do away with your having to prop them up. :D

Like I said, short fat happy seedlings is what you want. If they're getting tall like that they want more light and are stretching to get closer.

Awesome lineup there, can't wait till full steam has built up in there :D

I

IE2KS_KUSH

Still looks great! :D

If that's the same shoplight that you've been using all along for your seedlings, I just wanted to let you know that you can drop it down nearly touching those plants. I believe it would have prevented that mutant flopping over and would do away with your having to prop them up. :D

Like I said, short fat happy seedlings is what you want. If they're getting tall like that they want more light and are stretching to get closer.

Awesome lineup there, can't wait till full steam has built up in there :D

Hey well thank ya sir. Yeah, the shoplight is weird, I have always just used my MH, got it closer now though. Now I have a runt of all things. 1 of the hashberry that is just stunted or something. IDK, it's green, and growing it's 2nd node leaf sets, just very teeny tiny. And then 1 hashberry is just a runt. And the other 3, well....
All satori are up, I was 5 for 7 on those damn it. They seem pretty uniform.
I believe they will be ready to repot in a few weeks. Growing under these lights is sooo much super duper slower. But that is an advantage too. Really thinking hard about some really nice floro lighting. Well, on a "wish list" anyway, along w/ more room, an ac, more lights, more fans, another tent, and on and on and on....lol.

My 3 Kansas clones, I am officialy calling them that, officially changing it again lol, but yeah, the three Kansas clones are doing well and seem to be growing at a good pace. Really impressed w/ them. Just watered them today, gave them 5ml/gallon PBP Bloom, 5ml/gallon of Calmag, and LK as well as 1 drop of ST. Going to be taking 13 cuts between the 3 of them and their mum. They will all go into the bubbler. I snapped and got it out and setup and it's ready to rock. Trying some'tin' new w/ it we'll see how it goes. Last attempt I did 1 outta 15, not so good, w/ this strain anyway. I got like 14 outta 15 w/ another right along side it at the exact same time, so.....
I suspect that may be a trait of this strain. Or.....
I killed them, which is probably more likely, and I keep telling myself this. So we'll see how it goes wish me luck cross your finger force face fuck a frog, whatever ya do for good luck for me on this. I need it. I will also be repotting the 3 Kansas clones into oh...um well let's just keep it simple and go 1 gallon bag for now, see how far that gets us.
I have decided that since these 3 KS clones are gonna be in flower all alone likely since I tend to have a 99% kill rate w/ cloning, I am gonna do some very attentive LST. I usually do train anyway, but not for specific anything just to kinda move stuff around. These, I am gonna actually shape so that they really get spread out nice and flat. I have an idea in my head probably doesn't make much sense to you, but anyways...
That's basically what's going on. Gonna post some pictures up here in the next few days. Also did water the seeds today, just plain ph'd ro at 6.6ish. Really wondering if I didn't cause these weird mutants by adding calmag to my ro water that I have been using w/ the seeds. They aren't discolored, just really really out of proportion leaves, very big, and very ruffled first set. 2nd sets are pretty normal, but still really big on the hashberry, but all seems well anyway. Most are developing their 3rd and have their 2nd set in.
So that's it, I'm gonna go find a frog.:abduct:

I

IE2KS_KUSH

Well, gonna re-pot the Kansas clones tonight into 1 gallon grow bags. I am seriously contemplating just switching my HPS out and putting in my conversion MH and vegging these seeds and clones in my tent while I root the next set of clones. Just for a couple of weeks until I can plant the clones into cups. Then I will get everyone back out and into their normal nursery area and switch my tent back to flower set up and flower out the 3 current Kansas clones while I await my next batch of Kansas clones to establish in the cups, if any of them make it that far I guess. By the time they are established, my Mandala gear should be ready to give up some clones for sexing. So that's kinda where I am at at the moment. Not really looking forward to flowering through the summer due to temp issues, but worse comes to worse I could always run 1 hood at a time for 6 hours, then alternate them I guess. We'll see eh. Later.:joint:

I

IE2KS_KUSH

Allright, got the 3 KS clones repotted into their 1 gallon bags, the whole nursery is set up under the 400 watt conv. mh Seeds are probably like 36ish inches from the glass, clones maybe 20ish. I am holding at about 80*F all is well. Everyone is gonna chill here for a day or so, tomorrow night will move everyone closer to the light, may knock down the thermostat a tad too. We'll see. That's it. All my hashberries are freaks in some way or another. Hope that's not a bad omen. I may get to popping some PPP and MIS as well here, we'll see, I got to get the clones first!

Got the bubbler ready, need to pick up 25 gallons of RO here quick, then in it goes, I will not add anything to it, just ph it to 6 ish. Clone Gel, and yeah the clones. Looks like I can get about 13 cuts the way I see it, and of course the Hashberry and Satori will be ready to give up some cuts by the time these clones are rooting, so I will just pop them in the cloner as well. I need to pick up another tub like the one I have to make it easier to change the water, fuck sakes man! Now why didn't I already think of that:wallbash:

I need to put the bubbler cloner somewhere, and get the mandala shit and mom outta that room after I take the clones. That's easy enough, they will go right back where they were, under the t12.
The bubble cloner is another issue, not sure. I have a big ass loud fucking pump too, so I dunno. I will have to figure that out. Hopefully it works out, I would like to get all 13 of these clones to take and put them all into flower a few weeks behind the 3 I have now, then get the mandala stuff in slightly behind it. Then...., well that's the plan. But I got to get these damn clones to take damn it! Piss in the wind and wish me luck damn it!:mad:
But yeah, I got to figure out where the fuck I can clone I guess, shit I am outta room kinda, hm....
to be continued..

I

IE2KS_KUSH

Update time.

Update time.

WEll, here we go. Let's see what we got here.
First up looks like some group shots.

Next up, my "detainee". Withheld water, for awhile. Now I have "McCained" her eh he hehe. Bitch.

Next up, the Kansas Clones.

Dear ol' mum.

Now the freak show.

Hashberry Runt, on it's 3rd node. Really.

Now this one, kinda looks like it topped itself? WTF?

Mandala Group Shot

Everyone is closer to the glass now. Ran out of time to take cuts, will do that tomorrow night. Bubbler is up and running right now.
Watered all the seeds tonight 5ml/gallon RO @ 6.6 1 drop ST. A few of the bigger ones, were thirsty. Everyone got a drink though. Wish me luck tomorrow all, hope I get some clones that take. I have made some room for the bubbler in the regular veg area, and after this run that is where it will be from now on, just gonna run these in here for now. Still not sure if I am gonna use the bubbler after this, only if I get some success. If it fails, it'll be the ol' glass'o'water, and dirt cloning w/ a new tray and dome.
Later.

I

IE2KS_KUSH

Well, I got my clones cut and they are in "hurry up and wait" mode. Took 15, I could've taken a few more, but I wanted to let my mum get good and healthy, I will be depending on here for any additional clones from here on out, since her 3 clones are going to be in flower. Those 3 have given nearly 30 cuts in total, let's hope I get all 15 of these.

They are in the 15 gallon bubbler, a long ass 12" airstone, on the bottom w/ 2 1 inch stones as well. Hooked up to a big as air pump. I have lots'o'bubbles you could say. The bubbler itself is next to the tent that has the mom, seeds, and other 3 clones. The front of the tent is open, but there is no direct light hitting the clones, they are "in the shade" and there is no other light in the room. Used cloning gel. 15g RO w/ 1 drop/gallon Superthrive, ph'd to 6.2. It will drift up, I will knock it back down if it goes beyond 6.6, it will.
That's it, wish me luck, I'll let you know if a couple weeks lol, unless they die sooner.:abduct:

Those are some Mandala freaks, huh? Very weird. I've had a few freaks like that from a batch I ran of Nirvana's Big Bug and Northern Lights and GreenHouse White Rhino. None of them made it to flower for me. From 5 freaks 4 were males and one just never snapped out of its weirdness. Must of planted them under the wrong moon or something, lol.

I

IE2KS_KUSH

yeah who knows, probably something I did. I have bad luck, last time I got seeds I ended up w/ low number of female, less than 4 from 20 or something. Hope this isn't going down that same road. We'll see, it's fun watching them anywho, these things are growing fast. Just topped the hashberry at the 5th node on all of them except 2. These are fun. Let's hope something good comes out of it. Fingers Crossed!

I

IE2KS_KUSH

NOthing new to report. All 15 of my clones are still sturdy, green, and rootless. But hey, none of them has died yet! So that's a little progress over the last attempt lol.
My Kansas mum is looking really nice now. She is loving the MH. 3 KS clones are just recovering for another week and a half, (They each provided about 5 cuts) then they will be flowered out. I am gonna go ahead and start practicing the "mandala" feeding routine w/ them and see how it goes. If I can get away w/ using less nutes on everything I will, curious to see how they turn out too.

The satori and hashberry sprouts are looking nice. The satori are a little more thin than those hashberry. Shit, they already have some thick ass stalks! It looks like when I transplant them, which will be soon, I am going to have to fix the initial stretch that they had under the flouros. I will just bury them up to their cotyledons. That will knock out about half their height. I just hate putting them that deep into the next container, I feel like they won't get to use the soil as well being put very deep into the bag you know. Oh well, I can always repot them later I guess.

I

IE2KS_KUSH

Just an update. I went ahead and repotted 8 of the 11 mandala seeds tonight. Each and every one that I did, had wrapped completely around the little squares they were in. 1 not as much as the others. I was very surprised though, no wonder they were sucking the water down so fucking fast. I repotted thinking along the lines that it would be easier to maintain them in more dirt, less watering. Guess there was a reason they were drinking so much. I still have 3 in the starter pots, They are a tad behind. One of them, topped itself, and has the 3 leaf thing going on. My other 3 leafer snapped out of it.
I watered in 5ml/gallon of calmag and lk w/ 1 drop of superthrive to all the repots. The KS mum, and other 3 seedlings, got plain RO ph'd to 6.5. That's it. Long ass night. Need to get some more dirt now. Another 15$ down the tubes. Looks like I may have a weeks or more though before I need it. Here pretty quick I need to go ahead and get the nursery in my closet set back up. I may go ahead and take some KS cuts from the mum and try the glass o' water cloning method in there as well. I will use some gel and plain RO water. We'll see what happens, need to find some good things to hold the clones and water.
Later.

I

IE2KS_KUSH

Update, clonicide, 15 times over. Changed my mind about the bubble cloner, just not looking real whoopy, gonna have to re-work that if I want it to work for me. Just gonna get some more cuts from dear ol' mum, and try the glass of water rooting method this time, in the veg area. Got all the mandala gear in the veg area again, and after I take some cuts, I will put the mum back in there, then it's just hurry up and wait on the hashberry and satori seeds to give me some cuts.

I

IE2KS_KUSH

have you check the temperature inside your clone´s dome?

this is very important when rooting

Correctomundo, you are right. Temp is important, this last batch though I did in the bubbler, no dome. But the batch before that yeah, I think it was my dome itself, it got a biff'd up and didn't fit flush on my tray, so there was a gap on both sides and I suspect that is what did my in.
Fast forward to today, I have 6 cuts in some water, just a lil' rooting gel. It's been a couple of days. I think I see roots? WTF? Get this, when I did get clones from the dome or bubbler, it took like 20+ fucking days right? Now I do the glass of water thinking, "everyone says this is slower than other ways, fuck it, takes me 3 weeks to get them to root in the bubbler I'll try this,"
And whaddya know? Days later, roots.

Go figure?
Now I am really fuckt, I have no room to pot them in the veg area, I will squeeze them in there some how...but shit. I need to get my hashberry and satori cut for clones, sex them and then take some more clones, and flower off the original female seeds. Gonna be busy it looks like, but it's great fun I wouldn't rather be doing nothing else yeah!:woohoo:

I

IE2KS_KUSH

Picture time

Picture time

Here's an update. Some new pictures.

Kansas Clones

Satori

Runts Anyone? I runt that started as a 3 leaf thing, the other is self topping and has fuct up looking leaves. Pictures...

Runt Satori

Some Hashberry and the last one is mostly the satori.

And dear ol' mum.

picture.php

sero!

Fast forward to today, I have 6 cuts in some water, just a lil' rooting gel. It's been a couple of days. I think I see roots? WTF? Get this, when I did get clones from the dome or bubbler, it took like 20+ fucking days right? Now I do the glass of water thinking, "everyone says this is slower than other ways, fuck it, takes me 3 weeks to get them to root in the bubbler I'll try this,"
And whaddya know? Days later, roots.

Go figure?
Now I am really fuckt, I have no room to pot them in the veg area, I will squeeze them in there some how...but shit. I need to get my hashberry and satori cut for clones, sex them and then take some more clones, and flower off the original female seeds. Gonna be busy it looks like, but it's great fun I wouldn't rather be doing nothing else yeah!:woohoo:

mines also took a little more than 3 weeks last time :wallbash:, i´ll try the glass method with my next batch! :laughing:

sero

I

IE2KS_KUSH

Well...

Well...

Looking at things tonight, I am going to be taking a few cuts of a few hashberry, maybe a satori, but likely just the hashberry. Getting a rooting solution working w/ the plain water method, pretty optimistic w/ what I came up with. Looking forward to sharing, it's nothing revolutionary by any means but I believe it will work perfect for me.
Looking at maybe moving some of the other plants a few at a time under the flower lighting to induce flowering. Then I can remove males and stick them in the dungeon on their own 12/12, and give them enough to get what I need. Well put a branch or two in their anyway.
The females, even though they are just barely into veg, I may leave in and take a few cuts here and there and let them go. If I get anything special I can always reveg it if I want, but I will have the cuts rooting and veging behind them anyway. I will just mum up all of them, hold back my best one, and then let the rest go into flower. That's gonna get me some action probably all the way up to the end of the year I would guess. We'll see. I have alot more flower room than I do veg room so maxing out on my space in veg is kinda easy granted I do have plants in smallisher containers maxing out at 1 gallon. But still, just 2 4 ft floros. Nothing remotely fancy. Seems to be ok at the moment though, and keeping my hands full. I am gonna do some work tomorrow, really clean up alot, get some stuff done, cloning moving plants etc....need to charge the batteries but I will post some pics.
I can't believe how strong the hashberry are. Even the runts, thick stocky rigid s.o.b.s...well hopefully a couple aren't male anyway. But really, very I dunno, "hearty"..I feel like getting some ranch dressing and taking a bite lol...
Later:joint:

grow1620

plz chek this out

plz chek this out

wow you've been getting some weird mutants, do you think it's just bad luck or genetics?

sucks about your clone problems...I had failures cloning all sorts of ways, think about building one of these
http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=96601 .. what did you have 15 gallons? you should be able to squeeze 20-30 clones out of a gallon of water and a 15w "daylight" cfl. trust me just try it...1-2 weeks and you'll have 1-4" roots...only thing I'd do different from thundurkel's method is get a second container and put it on top upside down as a dome, keep them warm ~80

the main things you need to do when cloning is keep the bottoms moist/humid but not too moist...they need alot of air too..with the bubble cloner you want to hover the tips just above the water and let the splashes of the bubbles kinda mist them...glass of water method will eventually work but may take up to a month..

(imo) keeping them warm or keepiing the tops/leaves humid is secondary...mainly create the perfect environment at the bottom of the plant, at the tip.

I'm surprised more ppl haven't helped with your cloning problems :( , once you try a mini bubble cloner you'll love it.. hope this helps

I

IE2KS_KUSH

Thanks for the link I am checking it out. Makes good sense to downsize the rez, 15 gallons is fucking nutz! Welcome to the boards.

Mr.Bitti

so is that clone method just angle cut+root powder and into a shot glass? took your time from 21 days to a few?? sounds like the bomb bro. ive always heard bubble cloners are the slowest from plenty of ppl. I use straight to medium no dome, its pretty humid here. gonna try a few in a shot glass to see if my genetics like it

I

IE2KS_KUSH

Eh, you know I may have jumped the gun on that. It does look like a couple of them have actual roots starting, but I think the others were maybe parts of the stem that I scraped on one or something not sure. BUt but but, they are all still alive today, look alright and I am thinking that they are gonna be fine. A few are sporting some chubs, (new roots) but not all. As for the bubble cloner, I had always heard it was supposed to work quick, that's why I was surprised w/ my results. THis water thing though is gonna be nice, gonna go on a trip here shortly for about 4 days or so, and plan on taking all precautions to be sure everything is fine, as a final precaution I will take cuts of everyone and put them into water, just in case.

But yeah, just a 45* angle, rooting gel(powder) whatever, alot don't use anything. Container of water, cut, dip, drop in water and wait. Pretty simple, it's what attracted me to it, I am really good at making things more fuckt up than they need to be lol, so this is good. We'll see how long it is until these cuts go into flower, I think I posted here the day I took them. Got something cooking up for the next batch he he he. Can't wait to post some pics.

Latest posts

Latest posts