What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Micro Growers Bubble Cloner by Thundurkel

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
SMOKINGBUDDAH said:
thunderkel please make a write up thread for the unexperience :rasta:

Ok here we go!! First I would like to thank MajPothead for answering my pm's and giving me my shopping list ... I put my own touch on it
I use a Bubble Bar instead of airstones with a T adapter and I keep it clear cuz from other threads around here I've seen it doesn't make a difference if it's blacked out or not, some say algae grows but not if you change the water every 2 days....

On with the list that I got from MajPothead

1 each 1 gal rubbermaid brand tote approx 3$(I used a 2.5 liter Ziplock Container)
1 each 10 gal cheapy fish tank air pump approx 6$
1 pack air hose for air pump approx 2$
1 pack of 4 T's for the air hose approx 2$
2 packs 2 each small air stones 1$ a pack.(I got these and a 5" Bubble Bar)
all the above supplies can be bought at any local walmart kamart or pet supply store.

i took and drilled 15 evenly spaced 1/2inch holes in the lid of the rubbermaid.

i took 1 T made small hole and pushed 1 side through the lid some inside most outside of container.

i cut 1 length of hose to go from bottom of T through lid to center bottom of the cloner.

i placed 1 t there to off shoot to each side of container again evenly cut lengths of hose to reach the sides.

1 placed on each side the last 2 T's to run again evenly cut lengths of hose to each corner of cloner.

i attach all air hose to perspective spots and put air stones on .

2 ends of the T protrude from the lid i caped 1 side off and connected the air pump to other n/p.

and whalla DYI 15 site clone bubbler for approx 20$

here are the pics of mine being put together

Get container

Cut 15 Dime sized holes in the lid

Get Foam of some kind (pool toys are great)

Cut 15 round pieces split to look like Pac Man to hold cuttings in place

Fill holes in lid with foam pieces

Fill container with room temp water and connect your pump to the Bubble Bar with air hose

Now fill your new Bubble Cloner with cuttings and leave it be for 7 - 21 days(depending on strain)

You will end up with happy clones like this!!!

Thats how I made mine I used MajPotheads list and found out I didn't need all of it for the size container I had and I still got the 15 sites so I just made 2 of them and the Bubble Bar I bought just for the hell of it not knowing it was all I needed for my 2.5 Liter Ziplock Food Container..... Enjoy :jump:

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
No sweat I just like to give back when I can and I was asked to make it plus it's just too damn easy and cheap!!!!

ok buddy im here sittin down got my pipe lighter and learning away i desided im gunna use one of my current clone boxes to make this bubble cloner so i just gotta buy the air stones and the air pump i should have sum kinda foam but if i dont ill go over to the local carnival ride builder and ask one of the guys for sum foam

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
SmokingBudah,Isit420yet,HippieHill - be sure to post pics of you cloners when you finish I'd love to see what I inspire

I

ihave2kittens

i just bulid my bubble cloner using a chinese take out food tray :muahaha:

for the bubble cloner i dont need nutes correct just a dome lid? :bashhead:

(for humitiy)

lol kittens i was looking in the kitchen at one of those earlier thinking exactly the same thing.

Now i could be wrong on this but every bubble cloner i've seen doesn't use a humidity dome. Don't think its necessary, i think that's most of the point of one of these. The humidity in other cloners is to get water to the plants through the leaves. Not, AFAIK, necessary with these.

If i'm wrong i'll be corrected on this but it seems to me that in a bubble cloner the end of the stem sits just above the water level, getting bubbles up from the action of the air stone. someone told me to stick a drop of superthrive in the water, but many people say plain water will do.

God i love this cannabis science DIY stuff.

EDIT: Thundur.. how much noise does your cloner make? the bubbling action seems like it might be pretty loud..

Last edited:

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
clowntown said:
Neat (but redundant) thread.

The only thing I'd do different is clip those nasty fingernails. :2cents:

Hahaha such a hater bro come on CT whats the deal dude? I find the shit funny and I don't get all upset like most but I was asked by a fellow member to make it and thanks for liking my nails most dudes wouldn't care... :laughing:

clowntown

Veteran
When these people ask you to write a redundant thread, why not just point them to an already-existing one? I mean, certainly nothing wrong with writing up your own version of a thread, especially when proper credit is given to those who helped make it happen (props for crediting Maj)...

I'm not hating on your thread, I just wanted to comment on those fingernails. Call me a dirty fingernail hater, if ya want...

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
clowntown said:
When these people ask you to write a redundant thread, why not just point them to an already-existing one? I mean, certainly nothing wrong with writing up your own version of a thread, especially when proper credit is given to those who helped make it happen (props for crediting Maj)...

I'm not hating on your thread, I just wanted to comment on those fingernails. Call me a dirty fingernail hater, if ya want...

Well lets see... I was asked specifically for a step by step of my cloner which is smaller and cheaper than most of the bubble cloners on here and as for pointing them to another one I reposted what MajPothead gave me. Somebody else making a thread with their own spin is great cuz everybody is different and may need a different way of making the best out of their space and money thats why you see me all over the micro threads cuz I'm always looking for a new things to add to my setup. Also all the shit talking and doubting is wonderful to me cuz any time that happens with me I prevail in a major way I would bet money you've heard of me in music but I wont let out that name for anything on here not in a pm either but I was told that I needed all this bullshit for a studio and I wouldn't be able to make beats on Fruity Loops and get any respect and within a year I had cats buggin the shit out of me for collabs and questions on how I get such good quality with just a midi board and a pc! I've learned in life it's not what you have but how you use it and watch me grow buddy you will see a seed bank out of me in the next few years and I will get that 2-4 gpw cuz all the shit talking and disbelief makes me want to put a lot of time into my grow cabs and I have access to good strains so just sit back and watch buddy....

:joint:

*starts throwin cd in the cd player* ill probly never get the chance to know you thundurkel but ill enjoy all my music wether you had a hand in it or not ill probly never know i beleave you can do it i hope to someday grow sum of your creations and maybe ill be able to throw a couple my strains in you box after i get them done in a year or so maybe

:respect: :friends: :headbange :lurk:

FarmerGreen

So do you have to change the water, or only once they've rooted and your starting again?
And what is the verdict on suspending the stems above the water? Some designs say yes some say no.

Also, nothing wrong with a new thread on something thats already been covered, the search engine on this forum is shit and everything from the past gets totally lost in it. Also, the more variations of a design you see the easier it is to understand and adapt to your own circumstances

FarmerGreen

ps- thunderkel, who are you then? You know we can't just let it slide and not push for some info!- I won't tell, promise

johnathanvpr

man, gotta build a lil cloner now, so what is it above water or below?? cant wait, my pure haze mom is itchin to be hacked into babbies..

Latest posts

Latest posts