What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What was your favorite pot from the day?

BabyHuey

So many I couldn't really pick one. Smoking in Northen California in the 70's as a teen after moving there from the Midwest was heaven. Went from whatever we could find to having Puna bud, Maui wowie, Colombian gold,real skunk,Acapulco gold,Panama red,Thai and so many others I have probably forgotten. Good times

Cvh

Supermod
When I was a teen growing up in the nineties there was only one, the One.
The Dutch queen: White Widow.

Living close to Holland, I had no problem sourcing primo buds.
Prices were 12,5€ for an 1/8th of top grade buds. I considered it cheap.

Maybe it were my connections that were good, because I couldn't find this quality in Coffeeshops.

Gry

Veteran
Red [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]bud [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Colombian[/FONT]

Loc Dog

Hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all k
Veteran
Red [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]bud [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Colombian[/FONT]

That was what i was thinking. Late 70's or early 80's. $50 an ounce instead of $40 for Columbian. Also Thai stick or Thai bud. Heard recently that they extracted the leaf and applied to it in tincture. Used to be rumor of opiated, but that makes more sense.

Gry

Veteran
Had a close friend that lived in Thailand. Watched tie stick change and evolve over time.
What I first saw was sure different than what things evolved into.
The first I saw was excellent but small buds lashed to a splint of cannabis stalk with a strand of fiber from cannabis. Remained like that for years.

Loc Dog

Hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all k
Veteran
Had a close friend that lived in Thailand. Watched tie stick change and evolve over time.
What I first saw was sure different than what things evolved into.
The first I saw was excellent but small buds lashed to a splint of cannabis stalk with a strand of fiber from cannabis. Remained like that for years.

In early 80's went to thai bud. Some green. Nicer buds, and better value. Yes, thai sticks got very skimpy as 70's went on. Think like 10 to 15 a piece. Hash was better value at that time. Green hash was like $100 an ounce. Blonde a little more.

KingCobra66

early 70s smoked some colombian red was knockout gear the best smoke I ever had apart from the sickening feeling afterwards but it was good :biggrin:

EastFortRock

Colombian Gold, but I don’t ever remember getting a choice. You bought what they had. Nowadays I have 5 different types of bud in my freezer .

Gry

Veteran
God bless the APO.
Not to mention whoever it
was that decided to use a roll
of tape to state something should
not be searched as a diplomatic
'pouch'.

frostqueen

I was 16 in 1982. We used to get this incredible Thai Stick back then. It was really potent but took a full 5 minutes to come on so oversmoking and freakouts were common. It tasted like peanut butter and spice. God I miss that.

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
I was 16 in 1982. We used to get this incredible Thai Stick back then. It was really potent but took a full 5 minutes to come on so oversmoking and freakouts were common. It tasted like peanut butter and spice. God I miss that.

The little wooden sticks with thread around the buds........:biggrin:

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thai Stick and Lambsbred Sensi,,,Nepalese Temple Ball,,
1979,,,accept no substitutes,,,,,

dddaver

Veteran
I was always partial to real gold colored Acapulco Gold. The appearance, smell, and effects were superior.

Phaeton

Speed of Dark
Veteran
I was always partial to real gold colored Acapulco Gold. The appearance, smell, and effects were superior.

During the building of the Alyeska Pipeline across Alaska I acquired a pound of yellow buds being sold as Acapulco Gold.
Looking back it most resembled a high altitude equatorial Sativa. Somewhat similar in effect to the Thai Sticks brought home during the Viet Nam war.
Color and shape were different, large (for popcorn bud) bright gold buds resembling a bag of big marbles. A very aggressive high, leaving me alert past the time when I should have napped.

The availability was only because of the extreme cash flow from the construction boom. Welders were paid double time for any hours over eight in one day or forty in seven days. The union contract required payment for one hundred sixty eight hours per week. I did the math, damn!

The bullcooks and laborers did not have it quite so good but still cleared a hundred thousand a year. If they lasted a year, attrition ran seventy percent semiannually in some camps. Minus sixty degrees F and no place to go but work or the kitchen. Lots and lots and lots of drugs delayed the eventual insanity. Even trees do not grow up there.
Every six weeks a two week rest period in Fairbanks was mandatory. The buddies I partied with averaged over a thousand dollars per day spent on R & R materials.
The Acapulco Gold was triple the regular price of good bud. Boom town mentality, the price is paid without blinking.

Less sleep inducing than the famed Thai Stick, the Acapulco Gold brought in at the "if you need to ask you cannot afford it" price level is to this day (almost fifty years later) still the most satisfying bud I have yet to smoke.

Yes, I have posted photo's of 97% pure THC crystals I use on a regular basis, coming to me at $90/gram.
Good but not the level of the Gold from back then.

Latest posts

Latest posts