What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What was your favorite pot from the day?

hubcap

StackinCalyxs
Veteran
theres just so many...….

Ive had great Asian strains
Ive had some really kick ass bricked sexi-mexi
…...white widow/K2.....
…...AK47...….

all the way up to present day chemdog double d, gorilla glue, cookies, bubba, og….

oh my lawd theres so many!!!

who could pick just one?

:)

-cap

negative37dBA

Veteran
I used to get pretty faded on some good Romulan from back in the early 2000's. Earlier than that, the NL#5 used to be pretty coveted. We used to call it the white because it had so many white trichs on it. That was about 1988. Have a great day all.
Peace, negative.

BlackBart

Veteran
Late 60's Thai Michoacan APgold Jamaican Santa Marta Gold were all incredible cultivars to smoke back then

rolandomota

Veteran
Yes me Mexico for both lots of people agree it's cool to see.

thc % is cool but how high can it get you that's what really matters the smoke test and your opinion nothing else is important only the weight vs time growing

superx

Veteran
I do recall Dutch passions orange bud many moons back, I don't recall them for much else....

Was rather special with a amazing flavour profile, was discussion it recently with a mate...

G

Mine in the 90's were skunk, super skunk, white widow and super silver haze...i know..very european

SCdungslinger79

1979 Red Hair Sinsemilla grown in SC Mountains. Chartreuse green, long red hairs, skinny finger size sticky buds. Cedar trees and eucalyptus.

1976-77 Boomya, Bomb or Killer as what the name supposedly means in African. Justice the meanest, trippiest, psychedelic sativa ever.

Early-mid 1970’s Thai Stick, non opiated. Wrapped onto a stem with red and gold twine, unlike other earlier Thai stick I had seen both ends of the stick were capped with THC resin or hash.

C’bo, Colombian Red Bud mid 1970’s great all around smoke.

As much as I love the old sativas. 2019 Arise by Irie Genetics this hybrid grown in Colorado was knockdown, stick in the dirt weed. Got seeds to grow next grow.

enter sandman

Pure fire Sativa during the 70s and 80s...mostly from Jamaica and Mexico. I never encounterd Indica until the mid 1990s and immediately hated it. I still do.

Expando weed

Expando weed

Kinda off topic, but what ever happened to the type of weed that you would take a normal hit try to hold it and your lungs would just explode and you would cough.
Hash would do this also.
I can take large bong tokes of any modern strain and can hold it until I’m blue in the face. In the seventies and eighties we used to get some weed that you couldn’t hold without coughing. Only have coughed from dabs these days but not herb or hash.
Also red eye and cotton mouth effects are rare for me to find. Every stoner used to carry eye drops for the redness. I have only got red eyes a couple of times in the last 20 years. Cotton mouth also rare.

igrowone

Veteran
Kinda off topic, but what ever happened to the type of weed that you would take a normal hit try to hold it and your lungs would just explode and you would cough.
Hash would do this also.
I can take large bong tokes of any modern strain and can hold it until I’m blue in the face. In the seventies and eighties we used to get some weed that you couldn’t hold without coughing. Only have coughed from dabs these days but not herb or hash.
Also red eye and cotton mouth effects are rare for me to find. Every stoner used to carry eye drops for the redness. I have only got red eyes a couple of times in the last 20 years. Cotton mouth also rare.
have to give you some major praise for a memory of how it used to be
yeah, gut busting cough from the smoke exploding in your lungs
but in a good way, tough to explain that one to those who never experienced it

St. Phatty

Best UN-CURED pot = Romulan, the "Playdough" version ... that's what it smells like.

Zero noticeable Chlorophyll harsh. Ready for smoke on Day 5 or 6 of drying.

The day I tasted it the first time, was right before we went to the beach.

Not a one-hit wonder, my friends bought everything I had. They liked Romulan too.

Dankwolf

Hash would do this also.

Not sure ether .

Drewsif

Not sure ether .

No one who smokes weed actually likes weed anymore, obviously.

Sitting here wondering why no one else's weed resembles weed anymore. Smells like lipstick, counterfeit phone chargers and stale 99c store browny mix? No, we can't trade beans. You don't need genetics bro you need to stop growing shitty. .

OldCharlie

I swear that the Thai stick from the 70's was treated with opium. I remember it came in a stick and it was wrapped with a hemp fiber you would peel off to get a bud and one toke fizzled your brain. Man it was goood.

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
off a colombian freighter (Grancolombiana ship) early/early 70's i was gifted some almost black weed - by half the joint, your fingers were covered with black tar- probably the best weed i have smoked...

bugman52

Bug Scissor Hand
Veteran
I swear that the Thai stick from the 70's was treated with opium. I remember it came in a stick and it was wrapped with a hemp fiber you would peel off to get a bud and one toke fizzled your brain. Man it was goood.

something like this
picture.php