What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What was your favorite pot from the day?

Dankwolf

No one who smokes weed actually likes weed anymore, obviously.

Sitting here wondering why no one else's weed resembles weed anymore. Smells like lipstick, counterfeit phone chargers and stale 99c store browny mix? No, we can't trade beans. You don't need genetics bro you need to stop growing shitty. .

Edit lol nice plant .my bad did not know you are special . Good job teach me ....

picture.php

WelderDan

Veteran
Late 70's, local homegrown. The farm boys had been growing and collecting seeds for years. They had access to lots of land and since they made a lot of money growing, they could afford to buy the best weed, and they used the best Colombian Gold, Thai and Acapulco Gold and made their own hybrid. It was always purple, matured in early November and after about a month or 2 of cure they started letting it go. It stuck to the bag, and your fingers. Joints would ooze resin on your fingers and the joint would clog to the point it wouldn't stay lit. Really heady clear high that made you think you saw shit move out of the corner of your eye.

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
My favorite was good Mexican, which I guess was Michoacan, no one said it was any specific type. Anyways, Snowhigh sold me his seeds labeled Michoacan and surprisingly I get the same high as back then, despite being grown in a tent and not in the Sierra Madre mountain range 46 years ago.

He gave me some freebie beans called Mexican Punto Roja which looks just like the Michoacan and affects me the same as well. His Oaxacan Melon is right on as well as the Mexican Red Hair. Things are looking up for me.

Have real Verde Limon and Guerrero Gold straight out of Oaxaca/got the seeds this year/ growing and a bunch of legit Indian landrace strain seeds from the Indian Landrace Exchange.

romanoweed

@ yesum. Yes, the old 70s Pot can be grown indoors AND give you ultimate Type Experience. Its all possible, i heard even in California, Outdoors just doesnt cut it. Too far north. One needs to grow it indoors. Do you use strong Lighting? What type lights? if i can ask.

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I am using fluorescent lights, 110 watts biax or T5 at 10,000 Kelvin, so very blue. I am going to change the lights tomorrow to LED at 6500K, will only be using 80 watts. Same company Tek Two. 60% more ppfd with the LED lights.

I think some strains just need the original sun of where they were from. The Michoacan does not for some reason. Good results with the Guerrero and Oaxacan as well.

If you get into the high mountains you can do about as well as in Mexico for outdoor. I mean 2000 meters or higher. I am at 34 L and Oaxaca is around 19 L, so some difference even with high elevations.

romanoweed

well, the fluorescent looks like fullspectrum if i google it.. i advice to do it fullspectrum, and your Success @yesum is proove, so i advice to paste this Google-command into google:

--- Name of Light, spectrum ---

then look at Google -Pics.

If the Spectrum is fully present from UV over blue over green to red. thats good.
Some have less Spikes, i guess that might be better, such as Metalhalyde.. its one of the best, some Metalhalyde are getting flater in spectrum each year.. search the flatest and tada, the closest to Sun, Sunshine is Flat Fullspectrum.

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I got the LED cheap like 120$. I will keep an eye out for other better lights but they tend to cost a lot. Mine do not emit uv. I can place the plants outside for a bit during summer and get intense sun were I am at in backyard. Not legal outside.

I plan to sneak a few plants into mountains this summer at end of flower.

romanoweed

hmm, probably with supplemential Lights would be better, i say even slight differences make a difference..

I really think it does. The differece between tripping on weed and be enhanced is small Degree. i would add some supplemential Light , but i believe you its somewat VERY close.
recreating 100 Percent Original Conditions is CRUTIAL. Good Lighting man!

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have uv bulbs and have used them before but prefer outdoor for that. There is a lot more to the sun than uv. There are various bands of light that indoor will never achieve.

romanoweed

Hmmm. I actually said you need full AND FLAT Spectrum.

Sunspectrum:
picture.php

Metallhalyde with pretty big Spikes (some few new Models are way better):
picture.php

LEP Plasma Lights, very good:
picture.php

Ok, somewhat you are right that further north there is lower UV and you therefore added it, BUT the overall Amount of Light is also lower, Wich means Red Green Blue is also lower even slightly further north. Plus like said uv is double lower at the North, simplistically said. So, last offtopic-post. Back to topic ,

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
6500k lights have a spike in the uv range,i think those with 4 and 5000k would make a very sun like light

I went with higher Kelvin rating white light, as that is what is found in the mountains or nearer the equator. That is where the soaring sativas grow. Indoor lights spike various bands of light but that flat even light of the sun is just beyond the tech of today. I am not sure there are even other rays of the sun that are not identified yet. Same as cannabinoids or other compounds in pot that are yet to be found.

Latest posts

Latest posts