What's new

What Male to use in a cross?

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
^^^^GREEN SAID IT ALL^^^^

how do we improve 1 seedline,,,????????????

im guessing its a selfing mishon

mishon impossible for us:)

we aint got Tom Cruise but we do have Tom Hill :),,,,,

GitT,

Im not interested. My method wont require any of that. ;)

I already told you how I was able to do that the first time you asked me.

You act like you have no recollection of me telling you what I think the conservation of the gene pool will entail. dude. are you ok?

You can go read my posts, and vanXant's, if they are still on here. Almost every post Ive made has been about what can be done EASILY. Its so fucking easy a caveman could do it. Its so fucking easy that the typical stoner can too. It will need some more time, and more discussion....we'll get there.

Im happy with what has come in one thread. ;)

I think I will stop posting in this one so that it remains preserved in the archives.

Its been good!

:thanks:

havagoodone

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
nahhhh,,,,,

PLEASE BRO ANSWER ME 2 QUESTIONS

1] HOW and WHERE TO OBTAIN WORTHYGERMPLASM ????

2] HOW TO IMPROVE 1 SEEDLINE ??????

GreenintheThumb

fuck the ticket, bought the ride
Veteran
GitT,

Im not interested. My method wont require any of that. ;)

Are you ganna call me a cry baby if I tell you I'm getting a bit misty right now? ;)

I already told you how I was able to do that the first time you asked me.

Well eeeexxxcuuuuuse me. The way you condescended to Tom I figured maybe your contributions to our pool were greater than pulling a leaf mutation into some other line. You never answered my question about what you used as your recurrent parent either. I'm sure the world's curious what soupy closet hack's mess you deemed worthy of improvement. You could also speak a lot more on the methods you used to accomplish your goals. Kind of a catch 22 how the line you improved won't have the same value post legalization.

You act like you have no recollection of me telling you what I think the conservation of the gene pool will entail. dude. are you ok?

No, I act like I thought you had more to contribute around here than 'OP everything.' I didn't ask about conserving the pool. I would like you to speak more on improving it.

You can go read my posts, and vanXant's, if they are still on here. Almost every post Ive made has been about what can be done EASILY. Its so fucking easy a caveman could do it. Its so fucking easy that the typical stoner can too. It will need some more time, and more discussion....we'll get there.

I think you're well aware that I watch your posts like a hawk. I've read everything you've said. Lets move the discussion forward. The future, hyb, lets talk on that for a change. I'd also like to suggest the next time you want to shake some babies you should probably do it in your own thread with an appropriately named title. We have to do what we can to combat the Gestapo 'round these parts. I mean, they didn't even tell me when they came in and changed my signature.

Now on with the kicks :stocking:

JJScorpio

Thunderstruck
ICMag Donor
Veteran
GitT:"I find a little strange logic in your idea of what would happen if you were to take up the offer. Surely if they wanted you gone and all your posts deleted, it would have happened. They can just as easily censor you in this thread as in your own forum. In fact, I'd say it's easier in here. Give it some thought."

>>> uh..hello? I find it very strange that you didnt think I would be censored. Now what do you think? haha

Scorpio??? Why do you keep reading the thread if it doesnt interest you? Im not hurting anyone. This is good shit!!
Do you have something to ADD, or are you just here to keep me saying what YOU want to say? Why dont you give your opinion on the topic instead of being a complete :elf:?

Tom,

I didnt think youd come forth and I was right. You took the pics to sell seeds.

TH:"nobody is stopping you but yourself.....(edit) Now get on with your important work and lets see if you can actually say something.-T"

>>>I was doing my thing...and you needed to chitchat about all your good work and try to absolve yourself. If youre done now, I will be happy to continue spreading the important messages I have for this community. Are you done?

I think youre done.:snowkiss:

I didn't even know this thread existed until members made complaints regarding you. People might take you seriously if you were able to discuss instead of just trying to bait and argue.

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
Hate to be a party pooper but,
If nvisionary is eXe as I more then suspect then you are wasting your time arguing with him. He will sidetrack the issues, he will explain why no breeder is worthy, he will not share his own real breeder work done correctly with no hacking. But will give un-needed advice and get into personal mud slinging.
But you do need to listen to him as he is gods gift to the Cannabis genepool, and Cannabis growers and wantabe growers/breeders. I mean where else could we have all gotten the RRS breeding techniques which are now the backbone of the industry, or STS at $100 a bottle when it could be made for $.50? I mean this guy is only here to help others, he has zero reasons why he spends so much of his time helping others. Time he could be using doing valuable RSS breeding or making up bottles of STS to flog to dummies that have $100 to spend.
Years ago this guy spent pages and pages knocking me and my work and now he quotes some of the IHA references of Rob Clarke that I helped write, but I guess it was worthy because eXe did not know I helped write it. No problem.
I strongly suggest this guy is not here to help, he is here because he needs help, and because it pleases him to feel superior over common men, like the rest of us.
Don't waste your time is my suggestion...
Am I worthy?.... Naaaaaw.....
-SamS

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
As for my male experiment where I transformed a male into a female, it did set seeds, it did make female flowers they did get resinous, and the smell was great. I am drying and will try it shortly but I can already tell by the smell it will be nice.
Using this method to select males for smells and potency certainly can be used.
It allows quick rejection of undesirables be they wrong smell or not as potent.

-SamS

GreenintheThumb

Veteran
Thanks for the update on the transformed male. I've been curious. You ganna check to see if any YYs set seed or do you already know the answer to that? I believe you had your own thread on the transformed males, perhaps you should update that when you try the herb. Since you're such a resin head do you plan on tasting the herbal cannabis or did you grow enough to make a bit of sift?

As to hyb/eXe I'm not convinced his only intentions are purely malicious. Sam were you aware of STS and its potential to improve our pool before eXe came around? I think at the absolute least we owe him a bit of respect for pushing an awareness of feminization techniques to our community. And for clarification, I couldn't tell if you were sarcastically mocking RSS programs for cannabis in general or the fact that they're not his idea. Thanks for stopping by, I'm going to sit back and watch him attack you then get banned. In 3...2..

Raco

secretion engineer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hate to be a party pooper but,
If nvisionary is eXe as I more then suspect then you are wasting your time arguing with him. He will sidetrack the issues, he will explain why no breeder is worthy, he will not share his own real breeder work done correctly with no hacking. But will give un-needed advice and get into personal mud slinging.
But you do need to listen to him as he is gods gift to the Cannabis genepool, and Cannabis growers and wantabe growers/breeders. I mean where else could we have all gotten the RRS breeding techniques which are now the backbone of the industry, or STS at $100 a bottle when it could be made for $.50? I mean this guy is only here to help others, he has zero reasons why he spends so much of his time helping others. Time he could be using doing valuable RSS breeding or making up bottles of STS to flog to dummies that have $100 to spend.
Years ago this guy spent pages and pages knocking me and my work and now he quotes some of the IHA references of Rob Clarke that I helped write, but I guess it was worthy because eXe did not know I helped write it. No problem.
I strongly suggest this guy is not here to help, he is here because he needs help, and because it pleases him to feel superior over common men, like the rest of us.
Don't waste your time is my suggestion...
Am I worthy?.... Naaaaaw.....
-SamS

Thx Sam :respect:

I reversed male plants years ago.(see tag) I told people back then that it was a viable method for checking males for aromas.

I thought you did everything before anyone.
ackack...

Attachments

• Florel.pistil.4treatments.91003.jpg
    Florel.pistil.4treatments.91003.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 20

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Brilliant nvisionary,, your first photo is a plastic label attached to a hemp plant!

Please can you explain the relevance of this photo... peace

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
As far as I know I used STS years before anyone else in the counter culture, I never did release or sell any of the all female seed, ever.
I did not like the idea of making Cannabis dependent on man for reproduction. But the market place has taken over and it seems like 75% of the seeds made today are all female. I think all female seeds can be as good or as bad as the parents, like normal male and female seeds.
But I still think it would be a sad world where only female clones are kept as well as only female seeds were made, it is short sighted for a wind pollinated, dioecious plant like Cannabis. And really only focus's on production over preservation or conservation, I don't like the idea of only females if man is not there to grow them, for what ever reason. They will be gone much much faster then a population that can freely reproduce in the wild or under cultivation with males and females. I did not want to encourage all female seed production, even though by the early 1990's I knew it was a successful method, as my own work had shown.
If you want an example of unforeseen consequences take sinsemilla production in Thailand, they kill all the males to create sinsemilla but unconscious farmers keep any seeds found in the crop. The seeds were likely made from intersexed female plants with male flowers on them. After years and years and years of this the percentage of intersexed plants increases until today it is hard to find a Thai plant that is not at least a bit intersexed. All from not thinking or knowing about the consequences of your actions.
The best Thai farmers in the old days would buy seeds from a specialized farmer that only grew seeds and made sure to toss any intersexed plants. Today that infrastructure is gone, destroyed by DEA paid police raids that destroyed the Thai Cannabis trade.
I am not saying that all females will make the population intersexed, I am saying Cannabis will be 100% dependent on man if this is the case. I don't like the idea at all.
Anyway regardless of what I think or feel, I know that all females seem to be the future, as I feared when I discovered STS years ago, by reading the article:
Mohan Ram, H. Y., and R. Sett, 1982 Induction of fertile male
flowers in genetically female Cannabis sativa plants by silver nitrate
and silver thio sulphate anionic complex. Theor.Appl.Genet. 62 369–375.

-SamS

Last edited:

GreenintheThumb

Veteran
First off I'll apologize to Sam. I didn't remember that you had learned about STS earlier. I did remember hearing that you recommended using intersex plants for the 'Soma-type' feminization technique (actually maybe it was Rob? but my point is only that people's ideas change) which we can all agree now is a bad idea. I remember a lot about the drama between you and eXe but I failed on the STS. Saying that, the "I fear cannabis' dependence on man" idea seems rather strange. You know better than most that cannabis is mostly a plant of cultivation. Without our selections, we'd only have hemp. Isn't your Thai metaphor more apt to the breeders of today who have better knowledge and more means than ever but are fearful of continuing with selfed selections. Didn't the company who paid for your clones/stock use an extensive selfing (ie feminization) campaign to create the chemovars they required? How is any of this going to destroy the cultivated pool which all of us are interested? In the post apocalyptic world you fear feral cannabis is all that will exist. Who cares if it's hemp or skunk that naturally is carried on after we perish?

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
soma is funny,,,,,,he was talking this fem thing back in 01 .,,,,,he was chattin about makin seeds from lil bits of polen them wickid females gave off years ago,,,,i was sat with him when he explained it to me back in 2000

i thought he was hermi tripin,,,,look at us now

where the hek is soma:)

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
he was chattin about spraying on soap an everythin,,,,,i though he was talking about a wetting agent ,,,but he swore it had mutant proppertys

JJScorpio

Thunderstruck
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey allright, its The Father of Modern Hackjobs, just in time..again... what a treat for you to pull in for a parting shot. Thats YOUR M.O.

I might have to make an exception for you, buddy.

Look at your post Sam. All slagging. Wheres that toughguy Mod that just posted this?:"He's more than welcome to make posts and leave out the jabs and nonsense. If he can't, he can find another site to spew on. And you and the others that like reading the garbage can go there with him."

yeahhh....all clammed up now. frickin hypocrites.

I cant do a full-scale RRS on cannabis. Neither can any typical amateur. Even you, typical amateur. Youre not getting grants to make dope and seeds for Icmag stoners, are ya?

I wont ask what your seed production methods have been lately on the 'side-seedlines for recreationists'. Ill save you that embarrassment. But the reviews are piss poor. Whats up? Things got tough without your lab buddies? Yes, things are tough for nearly ALL cannabis breeders.

If you (helped)write the quotes I cited from IHA, thats ok with me,..that means you agree with me about the state of the drug genepool and that it is important to try and minimize the losses associated with poor amateur breeding. I hope you will pull your garbage seed releases and help minimize genetic erosion around here. You could play an important role in doing something GOOD for cannabis.

It would be the right thing to do, Sam.

Listen Sport, you call people out and you don't think you desrve a response? You poor victim you.

I've been very patient with you. But it's running thin. First I hate people who taunt others and then make themselves out the victim. That's real pussy. Secondly your know it all, rude attitude is annoying. I'm the only reason you haven't been banned, but I'm not going to continue holding your hand.......

Scorpio, you banned my last nick. You probably banned the nick I had to make before that.

You troll me because you dont like my message and how I deliver it, but your job should not be based on your own PERSONAL OPINIONS of what is being posted. How did you get a job that requires impartiality?? more evidence of how stupid this seedbizz really is....really.

Threads are for on-topic posts. Got any advice on WHICH MALE TO USE? hahahaha....

Kaneh

Believe it. The most of us left junior high along time ago and don't want to listen to his childish comments. He comes back and his first post is right back to instigating. Not real bright.

He's more than welcome to make posts and leave out the jabs and nonsense. If he can't, he can find another site to spew on. And you and the others that like reading the garbage can go there with him.

Dude, I'm one of those who left junior high pretty long time ago... ;)

It's also childish get provocated and deleting posts in middle of thread.
If you mods really have too much work to do, come down from your powertrip and let the conversation flow more freely. We can handle one asshole ourselves, but not deleting posts.

No one here is fanboy of nvisionary. He's got serious attitude problem, probably because he is paranoid, narcistic and psychotic bitter old breeder... ;)
But we got very interesting conversation going.
I agree, It's 100% OT and 99% is BS, but that 1% was gold... Specially TomHills replys to Nvisionary were good, but we need to know to what he is replying to.

I'm so glad you've returned with your wisdom, knowledge, and completely jaded babble... I have yet to see any new techniques from you nvisionary.

Where's the chase and how do I cut to it?

If you're only offering us messages then I think we've all heard the only one you've brought to the table too many times.... what would the next one be?

Talking in circles about damage done and preservation isn't addressing how to MOVE FORWARD instead of retreading this muck.

+1
And your photo wasn't too convincing Nvisionary! :D

GreenintheThumb

Veteran
I reversed male plants years ago.(see tag) I told people back then that it was a viable method for checking males for aromas.

I thought you did everything before anyone.
ackack...

Kind of a tangent but did you ever get around to selfing any males? Do you know anything about the health and fitness of the theoretical YYs?