What's new

What Male to use in a cross?

D

DoffCocker

all i wana know is

where the heck am i supposed to aquire germplasm from????????,,,,,,,,lets emagine cloning is NOT an option!!!

do i want to aquire purebreeds or hetero seeds ???

how do i improve my aquired seedlines,,,han how do i continue the lines apropreatly???????,,,,,,,,

lets emagine i will only aquire 1 batch of seeds in my life,,,,,,,,what do i need in my 1 batch,,,an what am i suposed to do??????/

please teach us:)

some clever guys in this thread and i wish they would stop the point scoring and point us to the info that answers these questions.

im 5 years into growing and just about to start speed-hacking, purely out of curiosity, i fail to see how my little seedline - which will be extinct in a few short years will have an effect on anything, i think that applies to most of the 'breeders' around too.

dont get me worng i kinda understand the message people are trying to get across but its the situation thats the problem not the people, people need seeds so people will make them.

JJScorpio

Thunderstruck
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Scorpio, you banned my last nick. You probably banned the nick I had to make before that.

You troll me because you dont like my message and how I deliver it, but your job should not be based on your own PERSONAL OPINIONS of what is being posted. How did you get a job that requires impartiality?? more evidence of how stupid this seedbizz really is....really.

Threads are for on-topic posts. Got any advice on WHICH MALE TO USE? hahahaha....

Honestly, I pay little attention to your message. I pay more attention to the way you deliver them, because of complaints people make regarding them. I don't care about your past niks, only that things here stay cool so conversation can flow. Not angry insults.

I hope you have a long stay here and people can learn from you. They will as long as you can deliver your message in a way that isn't full of insults and baiting..........

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
some clever guys in this thread and i wish they would stop the point scoring and point us to the info that answers these questions.

im 5 years into growing and just about to start speed-hacking, purely out of curiosity, i fail to see how my little seedline - which will be extinct in a few short years will have an effect on anything, i think that applies to most of the 'breeders' around too.

dont get me worng i kinda understand the message people are trying to get across but its the situation thats the problem not the people, people need seeds so people will make them.

il be a real friend to ya bro,,:),,,hopefully in time i can answer these questions for us,,,or maybe you can answer them for me,,,,:)

point is: we aint havin mutch luck here

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
First off I'll apologize to Sam. I didn't remember that you had learned about STS earlier. I did remember hearing that you recommended using intersex plants for the 'Soma-type' feminization technique (actually maybe it was Rob? but my point is only that people's ideas change) which we can all agree now is a bad idea. I remember a lot about the drama between you and eXe but I failed on the STS. Saying that, the "I fear cannabis' dependence on man" idea seems rather strange. You know better than most that cannabis is mostly a plant of cultivation. Without our selections, we'd only have hemp. Isn't your Thai metaphor more apt to the breeders of today who have better knowledge and more means than ever but are fearful of continuing with selfed selections. Didn't the company who paid for your clones/stock use an extensive selfing (ie feminization) campaign to create the chemovars they required? How is any of this going to destroy the cultivated pool which all of us are interested? In the post apocalyptic world you fear feral cannabis is all that will exist. Who cares if it's hemp or skunk that naturally is carried on after we perish?

I never supported SOMAS old method to make all female seeds, I told him in my mind it would pass on the inter-sexed traits to the progeny. That was from the first time I heard of SOMAS method.

I have much fear about the future of Cannabis, and much hope.
But I still don't think it is a good idea to have only female clones and only all female seeds, as both are dependent on man for survival why should we take the risk? Cannabis has survived with or without man for thousands of years as a dieocious plant in nature, why would we want to change this or take any risk that might be involved from doing so? I hope I am wrong about my fears but I suspect I am not fearful enough.
-SamS

GreenintheThumb

fuck the ticket, bought the ride
Veteran
Well, I guess I owe you yet another apology. I swear I heard you or Rob had mentioned this method to SOMA. Regardless, you've been teaching against it for many years and I respect that.

On the subject of gynoecious releases, again I feel like your fears are unfounded. If man isn't able to care for cannabis then we've got other major problems, besides growing herb. Who cares if birds and other animals have hemp versus skunk to snack on. I don't see gynoecious releases spreading across the globe and wiping out ditch weed. Think about it, they could only spread as far as the wind can pull man's reversed pollen. To me, the fear of gynoecious releases destroying the world's ditch weed isn't a significant enough risk to warrant ignoring a valuable breeding tool. A person could use the same argument for creating any sort of hybrids. And frankly, modern hybrid drug cannabis has a greater chance of polluting feral and landrace lines than gynoecious releases. The fear of potential damage to our pool due to improvement cannot outweigh our will to induce real genetic gain.

You never answered my question about your feelings on RSS programs in regards to drug cannabis. I'd like to hear how you feel about it. Thanks for stopping by Sam. This community appreciates your input.

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
I have no feelings about RSS programs of breeding for drug Cannabis, I have never heard of anyone actually doing all the work, with all the plants required. It is not practical for closet or small or even medium sized breeders. It is not relevant, or practical.
-SamS

GreenintheThumb

Veteran
Fair enough Sam. I should have qualified the question. Post legalization do you still think it's a bad method of action? Is it only the legality that causes you to favor other breeding programs?

Owl Mirror

Veteran
Well, I guess I owe you yet another apology. I swear I heard you or Rob had mentioned this method to SOMA. Regardless, you've been teaching against it for many years and I respect that.

On the subject of gynoecious releases, again I feel like your fears are unfounded. If man isn't able to care for cannabis then we've got other major problems, besides growing herb. Who cares if birds and other animals have hemp versus skunk to snack on. I don't see gynoecious releases spreading across the globe and wiping out ditch weed. Think about it, they could only spread as far as the wind can pull man's reversed pollen. To me, the fear of gynoecious releases destroying the world's ditch weed isn't a significant enough risk to warrant ignoring a valuable breeding tool. A person could use the same argument for creating any sort of hybrids. And frankly, modern hybrid drug cannabis has a greater chance of polluting feral and landrace lines than gynoecious releases. The fear of potential damage to our pool due to improvement cannot outweigh our will to induce real genetic gain.

You never answered my question about your feelings on RSS programs in regards to drug cannabis. I'd like to hear how you feel about it. Thanks for stopping by Sam. This community appreciates your input.

And frankly, modern hybrid drug cannabis has a greater chance of polluting feral and landrace lines than gynoecious releases.

Is the above, an argument against any sort of guerilla growing ?
Is there really a concern over polluting the feral crops across America?

I'm curious if this same argument should be used to defeat: Industrial Hemp Farming Act of 20xx ?

Jack Herer - The Emperor of Hemp

Would a national renewal of the Industrial Hemp Agriculture serve to ruin the drug producing marijuana plants through drift and cross-pollination?

Will our indoor crops need strict ventilation systems with 20 micron filters in the future ?

GreenintheThumb

Veteran
It's not an argument against guerilla growing. It's simply an argument against Sam's fear of feminized lines based on the reasons he gave. Maybe he has other reasons to not trust gynoecious releases but I doubt it.

IMO the renewal of IHA will not ruin the drug plants. And we'd be as likely to get hemp growers arrested as they'd be to pollinate our crops. I don't think we'll see a huge resurgence of hemp until post legalization of drug cannabis. Ya never know tho...

Owl Mirror

Veteran
It's not an argument against guerilla growing. It's simply an argument against Sam's fear of feminized lines based on the reasons he gave. Maybe he has other reasons to not trust gynoecious releases but I doubt it.

IMO the renewal of IHA will not ruin the drug plants. And we'd be as likely to get hemp growers arrested as they'd be to pollinate our crops. I don't think we'll see a huge resurgence of hemp until post legalization of drug cannabis. Ya never know tho...

Well I shouldn't be saying this too loudly but, I would think the opponents of marijuana would rally for miles and miles of Hemp field.
Especially if planted upwind of major urban areas.

So the discussion centers around feminized seeds. Personally I would think future crops would be genetically diminished by not having the male component passed along.

I don't have experience in breeding yet, it seems simple enough to realize if one half of the equation is missing, the outcome would understandably be different.
What happens if I grow out a feminized plant and create feminized seeds from her?

Something tells me marijuana is specifically intended to have males and females.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gynoecious#Individual_plant_sexuality

I've just begun growing marijuana but, I love finding both sexes of plants and deciding which male should pollinate a few bud sites of the waiting females.

I am growing two plants which i kept out of about a dozen seeds from a single bud.
One resembles the father while the other resembles the mother.

I wouldn't enjoy this diversity if I only had feminized seeds to grow.

compare2mazarxnepalifemales.jpg

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
everythhing used to be XX acording to the Rachet theory,,,,,XY is actualy XX but its missing a leg,,,,[talk about losing vital parts]:)

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
Folks,
If nvisionary makes negative posts or tries and bait anyone the best and only thing that works is to ignore him, do not respond, sooner or later he will just go away pissed because no one appreciates him and all of his superior knowledge. He thrives on conflict and to ignore him is death.
Please remind any newbie's why this needs to be done, because he can't be nice at all.

I have nothing against his posts in fact, until he seem to inevitably turn to being a crude, rude, little kid. Why, I don't know but maybe it is because he was bottle fed and is still pissed at his mom? Or maybe because you really don't like anyone here and you only come to vent your personal frustration and anger? He also brings out the worst in me and I don't need it. Any way it is a shame and energy drain.

Let him make his own threads and let any posters on his threads beware!

-SamS

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
his posts actualy make no sence,,,,,he is not pointing out exactly whats wrong with the seed biz and how to combat its problems,,,,,he just sounds angry,,,only a weak ass teacher lets his emotions stop him reaching his students,,,,,,,

it raises the question,,,,,what exactly is he trying to teach us????

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
I hate to say it but my feeling is that we are all just useless puds in his eyes, and that is what he wants to teach us. The best thing is to ignore him, he will sooner or later give up and go away or at least stick to his own threads. He has been binned and banned so many times on so many sites that I can't even count them all. The only thing that works is to ignore him, he can't stand it.
-SamS

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i dont want to ignore him sam,,,,i cant help but value his opinion,,,,after all if he is eXe then he did introduce "selfing" [with propper chemicals] into the canna comunity,,,,,

how can we be ignorant to the fact he could easly intoroduce a new method that would further our collective goals,,,

i stand by what ive said,,,,,he knows what the problems are and if he wanted to he could point them out,,,,i am all ears but he aint talking,,,,its like hes hiding something

GreenintheThumb

Veteran
his posts actualy make no sence,,,,,

Pot, meet kettle. His posts make a lot of sense when you're not in n dimensions :elf:

Sam-

Don't feel like answering my questions? In case you don't realize it you're doing nothing in here but instigating nvisionary. I'd love to hear some info on the long term value of a real RSS program with drug cannabis. I'd like to know more about your YYs. I'd like to hear who taught you to reverse males. I'd like to hear why you don't want to use feminized lines while the company that bought your lines does? I don't know, any of my wishes would be more productive for our community than you baiting nvisionary into the same sort of situation you consider his M.O. Respectfully, GitT

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
below is all i have to say about this whole matter,,,,,untull someone elightens me to the contrary,,,,:)

the range of conditions, resource levels and densities of other species allowing the survival, growth and reproduction of an organism or species. Hence, if each condition, resource or other species is seen as a dimension, the niche is an n-dimensional hypervolume.

i wish you guys would provide a more realistic approach............this is just gettin silly........especialy with the characterization of system reliability when handling redundancy allocation problems you guys oviously have no clue...........

consider repairable series-parallel systems comprised of components subjected to corrective maintenance actions with failure-repair cycles modeled by renewal processes where "multiobjective optimization" is applied..........

since increasing the number of redundancies not only enlarges system reliability but also its associated costs..........

a multiobjective genetic algorithm is coupled with discrete event simulation and its solutions present the compromise between system reliability and cost..

please consider it.........

think of repairable systems subjected to perfect repairs......... what i say might be valuable tool for the decision maker when choosing the system design....

in the selection step,,,,,,, the relation of dominance among individuals in the current population is evaluated according to their penlized fitness values...... on the other hand, the nondominated individuals continue and are candidae solutions that may be stored....

imo we need to walk many many roads and we need many friends to walk them roads with us, then old man time wont catch up with all of us, an the comon goal of man will be achived:) remember a beautifull mind

Latest posts

Latest posts