What's new

What is the Nicest City/Place You've Been...

Megas

Oahu Hi, I liked Hawaii a lot but the locals seem to enjoy living in squaller, I wrote a paper on the fact that they have gotten kinda screwed but shit theres a limit. Plus they treat their animals like shit. If it wasn't for that I'd move there in a heartbeat.
Kenora Ontario
Uptown Mpls

Skip

Veteran
Maya Bay, Ko Phi Phi, Thailand... the best place of all... (where they filmed "The Beach")

mayabay2.jpg

Essaouira, Morocco, another great place to hang... (where Jimi wrote "Castles in the Sand")

jimi.jpg

Marcellas

Veteran
Co Co Cay, Bahamas
St. Thomas, Virgin Islands
Haiti (the tourist section haha)
Miami, Florida
Ft. Lauderdale (Sunrise), Florida
San Juan, Puerto Rico

Mafutero

San Juan, Puerto Rico (USA)

Celebrated my b-day there (December).
Couple of points.

1. Plenty of weed
2. English speakin
3. Plenty of hot girls
4. Same comforts of home, but in the Caribbean
5. Beautiful beaches
6. Good people

Edit- Also, they have a crazy nightlife...

Glad you liked it down here, did you visit "La perla"?

Possum

Tifton, GA

my old lady and i were driving to visit family for christmas and the car broke down between 3 &4 a.m.

tow truck driver shows up - tows us to his shop - fixes the car - all for free.

he said he was happy to help out a couple.

-----------

BTW Tifton's town motto is 'the nicest place on earth'

P.S. I LOVE SNOWSHOE, WV. (plus all of pocahantas county is legally a nudist area - was standing in line to get lift tickets and two chicks wanted to let me and my girls know that).

did i mention that my girlfriend is HOT. maybe that's why we got the car fixed 2.......

-----------

Last edited:
H

h^2 O

Cozumel, Mexico
Oranjastad, Aruba
Lake George, New York
Been to all of them. In Aruba I hung out at the same place Natalie Holloway disappeared from, Carlos n Charlies.
Oranjestad
13aruba_oranjestad.jpg

Cozumel Mexico
cozumel3.jpg

Lake George
lake-george-1.jpg

DSC_5372-lg.jpg

poina

Outside of the USA, Helsinki, Finland. Clean, nice people, friendly. Don't know about the pot scene but see a few Finns on here.

Dr Dog

Sharks have a week dedicated to me
Veteran
I am not overly well travelled but 2 that stick out as great places

Chicago Ill

Denver CO

Mr. Burgundy

I know I have posted here before, but I just did Oahu and South Lake Tahoe in the same week. I was at Manoa Valley/UH Tuesday,North Shore on Wednesday, and gettin "turns" in with my sons at Heavenly on Saturday...

There are so many beautiful places. Get off this site and see them NOW!!!!

Stay Classy!

j6p

Amalfi, Italy
3322700453_92b5250278.jpg

Also ...
Southern Switzerland (Italian-speaking)
Pretty much anywhere, e.g.

Ticino
ticino_1.jpg

Fort Walton Beach, Florida Panhandle
fort-walton1.jpg

JamieShoes

Father, Carer, Toker, Sharer
Veteran
my favourite city/town on earth is Haarlem in the Netherlands... why I don't live there, I don't know :)

mpd

Lammen Gorthaur
Veteran
I've been to almost every major and many minor markets/cities in America and the Caribbean as a result of my job.

Fort Myers in Florida was one of the best places I've been to in all my travels. Palm Desert in California was pretty good. Fort Lauderdale is nice - had an office there for a while and that meant we had a house at the beach and that was great. Most of the Gulf Coast is great, but you have to accept that once every ten years your house is going to be flooded or knocked flat so heaven comes with complications.

Greenville (South Carolina) has some delightful suburbs and I wouldn't mind living there one bit.

The Hill Country in Texas is divine, but a bit warm at times and there are the snakes and feral hogs to contend with.

Houston has so many nice suburbs it will be hard for me to leave it, but the summer heat can be killer. It's not a place to live without central air-conditioning without a doubt.

New Orleans is quaint, but filthy, corrupt and dangerous. Not a place to raise kids.

Santa Fe was nice but gets a bit cold for my appetite and is run by a bunch of loons, so I doubt it will ever be nice for the average family as it is far too expensive to sustain a family.

Boise has become an old hippy haven and could be one of the best kept secrets of the great West.

I thought LA, San Francisco, San Diego and Sacramento were okay, but if you aren't a millionaire it is hard to think about moving there to raise a family.

There's a place on the Eastern Shore of Maryland that is absolutely wonderful to live in but has become a trendy place for the idle rich to hang out. When I was a kid it was a quaint drinking village with a fishing problem.

I guess the best place is where you decide to be and that's the way it should be.

Ive enjoyed almost every place I ever been to. and the pass port is filling up. I guess the city that left the biggest impression on me was Rahway N.J.

PoorBoy

Amsterdam, Netherlands
Rome, Italy
Cartagena, Colombia
Bogota, Colombia
Merida, Mexico
Antigua, Guatemala
Costa Rica