What's new

What is the Nicest City/Place You've Been...

Elite

Now that NOKUY's Thread died off "What the Worst..." I would like to know everyones thoughts on some of the best places they have been.

Sparked by my "pursuit of happiness" and endless drive to re-locate to a better place (city/country).

Personally (not world traveled) I liked the city (large town really) of Annapolis, MD. I really love the Chesapeake Bay, Annapolis is surrounded by it. Also only 30 mins. from Baltimore and D.C. (Definitely has its pros and cons). I've spend a great amount of time there, and really don't have much neg. to say about the place...

:joint:Elite

Miss Blunted

Resident Bongtender
Veteran
Ocho Rios, Jamaica
Las Vegas, Nevada
Indianapolis, Indiana
Chicago, Illinois
Washington D.C.
Deeeeetroit, Michigan (fck it, why not..ahaha)

B

buddymate

Hong Kong,Marakesh,Peshawar,and Barcelona,oh yeah,and Kashgar was fascinating :2cents:

THC123

Veteran
The bottom of the red sea , piece quiet and lovely big ass fish.

just be sure not to toke up before diving and take the wrong(empty) bottle

THC123

Veteran
hehehe well i ment it literally , once , one of the egyptian guides persuaded me to smoke some hash from a waterpipe before diving in the afternoon.

There where 2 rows of diving bottles , empty and full and i took the empty ones and didn't realize till i was in the water.

So i had to snorkel back a mile or so:fsu:

Now i can laugh bout it but atm it was pretty scary

I went to masha shagra ecolodge , fantastic place , no cities , only nature

Elite

hehehe well i ment it literally , once , one of the egyptian guides persuaded me to smoke some hash from a waterpipe before diving in the afternoon.

There where 2 rows of diving bottles , empty and full and i took the empty ones and didn't realize till i was in the water.

So i had to snorkel back a mile or so:fsu:

Now i can laugh bout it but atm it was pretty scary

I went to masha shagra ecolodge , fantastic place , no cities , only nature

Damn dude...I thought you where just being a smart ass...LOL, I'll definitely try to remember that!!

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Koh Tao Thailand......Luang Prabang, Laos....Koh Phi Phi, Thailand.....Siam Reap, Cambodia.(Angkor Watt)...Da Nang, Vietnam(China Beach)...Isalo National Park, Madagascar...Isle St Marie, Madagascar.....Lugano, Switzerland.....Polpero, Cornwall (England).....Mt Shasta, California (U.S.A.)......Bohol, Philippines (near Cabilao island diving).......Kyoto, Japan...(temples)....Cape Town (South Africa)......Sapada, Italy (Skiing).......Puerto Escondido, Mexico (fishing).......Epernay, France...(wine).....Hong Kong....(shopping).........and a few more I could go on....lol....

Elite

Koh Tao Thailand......Luang Prabang, Laos....Koh Phi Phi, Thailand.....Siam Reap, Cambodia.(Angkor Watt)...Da Nang, Vietnam(China Beach)...Isalo National Park, Madagascar...Isle St Marie, Madagascar.....Lugano, Switzerland.....Polpero, Cornwall (England).....Mt Shasta, California (U.S.A.)......Bohol, Philippines (near Cabilao island diving).......Kyoto, Japan...(temples)....Cape Town (South Africa)......Sapada, Italy (Skiing).......Puerto Escondido, Mexico (fishing).......Epernay, France...(wine).....Hong Kong....(shopping).........and a few more I could go on....lol....

Damn Gypsy...you really get around!!
I "googled" the ones I never heard off...quite incredible places in this world!!

As the US economy declines...these places look better and better...
If I'm going to be poor...It might as well be in a more desirable climate.

I'm still a Patriot...I just lost faith in US government, not our country!!

B

buddymate

I forgot about Bohol Gypsy,surprising really as I have a house a stones throw from there :woohoo:Chocolate hills and Panglao.

BadTicket

ØG T®ipL3 ØG³
Veteran
Might be cause i just got back from there, but:
Best: Africa -> Lesotho. Altho the capital Maseru was not a nice place, the rural areas are off the hook and the ppl, well most of em, are really nice.

Worst: Singapore.

B

buddymate

I have indeed clarence,Paddi,I liked Tibet,I went back in 1993 when it was still a "closed-shop" over the karakorams from Pakistan,and across china,I also got to shake the Dali lamas hand at one of his "Meet-and-greet" the public audiences at Dharamshala AKA "Little lhasa".