What's new

What are the top must have clone only strains?

William76

Yea,the tk is 1 iv been looking for for a while and the ghost og,but the apple fritter,WiFi 43 are well spoken of lately the Cuban black haze is another(don't think it's in the uk yet)zkittles is another,somebody mentioned gg4,that is a great all-rounder has everything,yeild,bag appeal,ease of growth,and strong and stinky,sells out the quickest round my way,like crackheads,pity I lost the cut.theres lots of others too.takes a bit research and not every cut will be to ur taste,try a few and see what works for u,but also be aware there's fakes of all the really good cuts and there not always good so try and find legit cuts were possible and have a good ipm in place cos ull need it.good luck,76

johnnyla

Veteran
It’s hype .. and seed makers who use crosses with it should be ashamed of themselves riding that hype train..Continually milking it for all it’s worth..blah blah blah ….case in point …here’s Platinum Kush Breath …from a recent seed pack … it’s better than any elite clone I’ve ran and I’ve been growing for 25 years.. Except possibly for Mac number one (capulator cut) which does live up to the hype…the PKB yields better though View attachment 18046495
What breeder did you get these seeds from?

johnnyla

Veteran
Digging through a bunch of Top Dawg packs of SD BX 3...SD BX 4 ,and a couple of packs of Dirty Taxi.

And everything I can get of Karmas,I enjoy the adventure of finding what's good in my eyes.

No need for the hype,never a problem getting the phone ringing for anything from the breeders I've mentioned.

Sorry I got off track of clones
Any keepers?

hamstring

Veteran
I lost my GG4 to mites. I got it from strainly. It had the leaf twist and viney structure but when I hear people say it is stinky then I'm not sure what I really had. My GG4 was more of a cookies/vanilla smell and not loud.

I'm currently doing some pheno hunts. My next one will be with Verdant greens Bubba Kush S1. I also just purchased a few clones from Green Rush farms. We will see.

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
I lost my GG4 to mites. I got it from strainly. It had the leaf twist and viney structure but when I hear people say it is stinky then I'm not sure what I really had. My GG4 was more of a cookies/vanilla smell and not loud.

I'm currently doing some pheno hunts. My next one will be with Verdant greens Bubba Kush S1. I also just purchased a few clones from Green Rush farms. We will see.
i bought bubba's from verdant years ago... a few of them never sprouted, and the ones that did were RUNTS... hope u have better luck

daleharris

I finally got 10 strains over the summer, of which 1 was GMO. I want to narrow down to less than 5. Why don't you like GMO. Another month till harvest if 8 week plant.
I was gifted a GMO from someone here couple years back, not bad but not a great one. Didn’t keep it.

daleharris

Ghost, for me lives up to hype and the stories about it on other places and YouTube about it being the true real ORIGINAL OG Kush are interesting and I lost everything couple years back due too some hopefully burning in hell cocksucker who sent me one overpriced fake Banana strain loaded with mites and powdery mold. But I digress, I was able to relatively easily replace the Ghost is still on AllStar clones menus. I lost my MAC1 which I’m 99% sure was legit and Santa Cruz BlueDream and a OGKB 2.0 which was sent to me by Star/Chaco but I had an old user account. And a Headbanger of my selection. All I want now as far as “elite”cuts in addition to my current Ghost, is a MAC1 which I’m working on getting a cut from couple different sources and I’m on the Dirt Letter Bean Basement which is a nice place as well and hopefully down the road get a MAC1 from Cap himself. MAC1 is head and shoulders one of the best plants I in my LIMITED experience I have ever smoked. That’s two cuts plus I want and am now holding two separate sourced cuts of Santa Cruz BlueDream, looking for another source to cross check all 3 against each other for the real deal keeper clone only, that’s 3. I’m also now growing out a Cuban Black from Paper City which I’m certain is from a Piffcoast cut. That’s 4 and my last last one is a Bandaid Haze #7 directly from Nobody’s Nursery which makes 5. Once I have these all back in my bonsai mom box and tent I will weld my front door shut as far as I’m concerned. No more incoming fad flavor of the day plus the bugs are free shit.

daleharris

i have '2' diff headbangers (from karma) - been growing em for 3 grows...- weed is ok imo, but others who have smoked it say it is ass-kickin.... obviously they r a bit lighter weights then i am...
I grew out a few packs before I went clone only and like everything some were better than others but I really liked it. I’m still sitting on a pack of his Bx3 beans in the freezer and no idea when I’m gonna pop them. I’d probably trade them to someone for a quality cut I’m seeking if the opportunity came along. My tolerance for weed is increasing since I don’t have to worry anymore about random testing at work so I don’t know how it would hit me now.

Loc Dog

Hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all k
Veteran
I grew out a few packs before I went clone only and like everything some were better than others but I really liked it. I’m still sitting on a pack of his Bx3 beans in the freezer and no idea when I’m gonna pop them. I’d probably trade them to someone for a quality cut I’m seeking if the opportunity came along. My tolerance for weed is increasing since I don’t have to worry anymore about random testing at work so I don’t know how it would hit me now.
Did you get the bugs and mold from a seller in CT??? A bunch of people messaged me and got from Chemdawg #4 from same seller. A few have said they are not thrilled with GMO bud structure. In near future I a going to tissue culture the strains I decide to keep to get rid of any viruses and/or mold.

daleharris

Did you get the bugs and mold from a seller in CT??? A bunch of people messaged me and got from Chemdawg #4 from same seller. A few have said they are not thrilled with GMO bud structure. In near future I a going to tissue culture the strains I decide to keep to get rid of any viruses and/or mold.
Nope. A Cali guy on Strainly and within a couple weeks of me getting screwed evidently others did and like me they dropped a dime on the jackoff with Strainly and he was suspended and banned. Bad memories and painful lesson.

hamstring

Veteran
Nope. A Cali guy on Strainly and within a couple weeks of me getting screwed evidently others did and like me they dropped a dime on the jackoff with Strainly and he was suspended and banned. Bad memories and painful lesson.
I also got mites on a clone from Strainly. Its a tough lesson to learn. I am more prepared now but I lost my favorite strain, Cocoa OG, do to the mites.

My GG4 hung on but eventually I just had to move on from it to. I have started pheno hunting seeds again .

I just now bought 3 different clones from Green Rush Farms. My thinking was at least we have somewhere to complain.

daleharris

I also got mites on a clone from Strainly. Its a tough lesson to learn. I am more prepared now but I lost my favorite strain, Cocoa OG, do to the mites.

My GG4 hung on but eventually I just had to move on from it to. I have started pheno hunting seeds again .

I just now bought 3 different clones from Green Rush Farms. My thinking was at least we have somewhere to complain.
Yeah I have said in the past some good vendors there and some shady. I had good luck with Pink Box and AllStar for sure are great to deal with. Probably bought from 5-6 vendors total and always mixed success. Last fall I bought what was supposed to be Santa Cruz BlueDream from one who still sells stuff but it was a indica leaner and trashed it. Some over there have prices only the mobbed up guys can afford.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
When someone claims to have the best it's only in their mind lol. We all like different strains. One person best is another's trash. Other's opinions can be drastically different than what you might like. Potency and flav are a must for any good clone to have. Yield is only important to those selling flowers. It has nothing to do with the quality. I like having different varieties to be satisfied.

The 3 Chimera clones are damn good. After growing Truffle, for a while, I like Chimera more so WT was culled. This is Chimera#4.
Project1.png

Beaucephus

Santa cruz cut blue dream wasn’t the most potent but great high, easy trim and would give 8-10oz when disrespected every time in my vert room. Elite is def a personal issue… i think gg4 was ok but certainly nothing to rave about. As far as potency a cut of headbanger blew away every so called elite i ever had by far.