What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Weird Leafs on my plants

Status
Not open for further replies.

Verite

My little pony.. my little pony
Veteran
As long as sproutco is going to rediculous lengths to spread poor advice to the inexperienced masses here there will be handfuls of people willing to step up and correct him. Calling people immature trolls because people take issue with someone posing as a master grower when theyve never grown a marijuana plant in their lifetime is about as absurd as asking the question, " What about all the good things Hitler did? "

stonewall

stonewall said:
I appoligize to Chronic Newfie for losing my cool this afternoon and causing considerable drama. :bow:

I just got feed up with the trolls using make-believe to disrespect Sproutco.

This BS about battery acid and Stumpremover being below grade, thus not appropriate for use in gardens is blatant make-believe.

here is a complete analysis of a common battery acid grade sulfuric acid.:
http://www.pvschemicals.com/miniMSDS/SulfuricAcid66Spec.htm

Compare those heavy metal ppm to everybodies favorite component of the lucas formula:
http://agr.wa.gov/PestFert/Fertilizers/FertDB/prodinfo.asp?pname=3363

compare the H2SO4 to phosphoric acid:http://agr.wa.gov/PestFert/Fertilizers/FertDB/prodinfo.asp?pname=4172

Considering the amount of H2SO4 needed to adjust pH, and the amount of GH Flora micro used , I think it is easy to see the Floramicro adds more heavy metals than the battery acid could ever.

And Kokou said the Kno3 in stump remover was below fertilizer grade, thats funny, because fertilizer grade is the lowest grade designation, the same as technical grade.
http://agr.wa.gov/PestFert/Fertilizers/FertDB/prodinfo.asp?pname=4177

Funny how Capt poser and KooKoo don't have anything to say in regards?

It seems bullshit was called and no retort was made, I presume they have retreated in defeat.

I don't care if you use it or not, But don't make up lies about it being bad horticultural practice.

Atleast be man enough to substantiate your claims.

If you disagree with sproutco or anybody say so with out mooning him or calling him names! keep the flames in private and the zen will return to the garden.

I have stooped to you're level and it is eating at my gut, but disinformation is my pet peave.

You guys post pics of your fabulas marijuana gardens as proof to your advices validity, sproutco posts links to professional horticultural essays and such.

let the cards fall where they may after that.

trolling him just pisses off other members and causes drama

verite, I am on my way!

Umm.... are you really suggesting giving plants battery acid ?? Just asking because that is the most retarded thing i have ever herd of in my life.

funny , did I say that?

No I said I was fed up with make-believe problems purported to stem from its use, if you decided to. It is not always the best option, and it is not always the worst option. It is just an option, you have to be smart enough to make the decision.

Quote:
1). When deciding on which acid is best for your situation, evaluate

safety and ease of use;
the relative cost of the acid;
plant nutrient being injected with the acid (how much N, P, or S will be injected into your irrigation water); and
availability of the acid....

For acidification of irrigation water, we recommend sulfuric acid over nitric acid due to its relative safety. Sulfuric is recommended over phosphoric acid for very alkaline water due to the higher cost of phosphoric acid and the possibility of over application of P. The sulfuric acid recommended is a battery electrolyte product named Qual® and can be purchased from most auto supply stores for about $10 per 5 gallons.

http://www.ces.ncsu.edu/depts/hort/hil/hil-558.html

Quote:
WHAT IF I CAN NOT GET ANY pH DOWN, AND MY SYSTEM IS RUNNING HIGH?

Answer: Short-term solutions include citric acid (which degrades in solution) or sulfuric acid made for car batteries. Make sure this does not include any lead, and be very careful with this acid. Vinegar will also work, but generally, the effects are short term.

http://www.genhydro.com/genhydro_US/faqph.html

[QUOTE: Water which is too alkaline can be adjusted using nitric acid, sulfuric acid, citric acid (Vitamin C) or vinegar. The water is adjusted using small increments of chemicals. Once a standard measure of how much chemical is needed to adjust the water, the process becomes fast and easy to do. Plants affect the pH of the water solution as they remove various nutrients which they use. Microbes growing in the medium also change the pH. For this reason growers check and adjust the pH periodically, about once every two weeks
http://users.lycaeum.org/~sky/data/mjgrowers.html

Quote:
If you are on a fast production cycle, have a large container volume or a plant that will tolerate high pH, you may be able to get by without acidifying water. The most commonly used acids are nitric available at 61.4% or 67%, sulfuric available at 93% and 35%, and phosphoric available at 75% and 85%. A downloadable program from Purdue and NC State to calculate amounts of acid to inject can be found on the Internet at:

http://www.ipm.msu.edu/CAT02_land/L06-28-02.htm

Sproutco is stonewall. same person. They are never online at the same time. sprouco uses this stonewall screen name to flame people who trash his BS stump remover and battery acid posts. Just look at the comment I made about the south in my post to stonewall. sproutco responded with a post" ya gotta problem with the south" then deleted in 2 minutes. its cause he meant to use his stonewall screen name for that response. But, me and captjames quoted this. Gotcha sproutco!

now that is funny!
muwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha :sasmokin:

As long as sproutco is going to rediculous lengths to spread poor advice to the inexperienced masses here there will be handfuls of people willing to step up and correct him.

As long as the trolls go to ridiculas lengths to spread misinformation, there will ALWAYS be someone to call bullshit.

Saying someone that can grow a marijuana plant,a noxious weed if left unkept, is a master grower is laughable. Sproutco uses proven troubleshooting techniques as best he can online.

trolls try to tear him down for using a nutrient calculator to get a better picture of the nutrient breakdown at different dosage rates. This is done by all serious profession horticulturalists, even cannabis seed companies.

Check out my momento from my youth, a seed catalog from 1987 from the Super Sativa Seed Company.

Notice the part where they say to take into consideration the amount of P or N provided by the pH adjuster, well what do you think you might use for a pH down adjuster if you can't afford any more P or N in the nutrient solution? I'd say Sulfuric acid comes with plenty of proven proponents.

Last edited:

stonewall

a plant that will tolerate high pH, you may be able to get by without acidifying water.

I go through some trials, but I make out alright :sasmokin:

course it helps to have pretty neutral water with med low alkalinity to begin with

Last edited:

Verite

My little pony.. my little pony
Veteran
stonewall said:
... Sproutco uses proven troubleshooting techniques as best he can online.

So you would say the best proven technique he/you use is to spout off trace element deficiencies before ever asking a single question to people that post no description of how they arrived at their problem? Whats it like to kiss your own ass?

brown_noser.jpg

pieceofmyheart

Veteran
HazeToker said:
:jerkit: LOL!! I expect this from a guy who lives in the south. I got your troll swingin :bat: .yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhaa!!

Sproutco is the poser and I guess you are to. I dont doubt his ability to research every thing on the internet. This research does help people sometimes. I think people dont like the fact he calls out micronutrient disorders like crazy and are sometimes wrong. Not to mention his bashing of the lucas formula and the stump remover saga. He misguides people with info that is not tested. A proffesional I doubt it. He cant grow a plant. Closetgrowers huh, dont think I could fit 24 multi-flow's and 3k watts in a closet. Stonewall, Stick to what you know and in the south thats what... incest? :wave:

I dont care about sprout or stonewall being banned or in coventry, I just dont.

But this is extremely offensive, I am from the south as are many members here at IC.

CaptJamesTKirk

pieceofmyheart said:
But this is extremely offensive, I am from the south as are many members here at IC.

And it is an adult forum - filled with adult ideas, not all of which, I or you; may agree with.

Let's not loose one only to have another take their place. (That will happen soon enough anyway)

you do have a working ignore button, if you are all that isnulted by the poster

Last edited:

pieceofmyheart

Veteran
CaptJamesTKirk said:
And it is an adult forum - filled with adult ideas, not all of which, I or you; may agree with.

Let's not loose one only to have another take their place. (That will happen soon enough anyway)

you do have a working ignore button, if you are all that isnulted by the poster

...and so do all of you, why not use that button?

wow, that post is a big ole wow for me

An adult forum, read back over this thread and see what has been posted...seem adult to you?

Filled with ideas that not all of us agree with? Well hell yeah thats what Ive been saying man.

Last edited:

CaptJamesTKirk

piece - I luv ya dearly, but let it go, you forget; - sprouts posts are now gone - so your missing some of the jist - but nothing important

:beat-dead

that was yesterday

it's a bright and new day

Not a sprout - -errr cloud in the sky

And no - that didn't mean go away - just that a lot got said - much of which is now way out of context and to be still harping - is pointless.

Time to do the laundry and get back to bud-ness - that's all I ment.

Last edited:
Wow this has really blown up. I would just like to say thanks to all who have helped me out. I didn't take spouts advise. Boron def, battery acid and stump remover? Seems kinda radical too me. I like how most people pointed the finger at reveg. That made sence to me. They are doing great btw now too. Here's some pics.

I posted an update to my seedlings over in a diary I started for my Master Kush Seeds. Maybe someone can give me some ideas on what I should do. Or maybe they are doing and I'm just worrying too much.

Dutch Passion - Master Kush Thread

G

pieceofmyheart said:
...and so do all of you, why not use that button?

wow, that post is a big ole wow for me

An adult forum, read back over this thread and see what has been posted...seem adult to you?

Filled with ideas that not all of us agree with? Well hell yeah thats what Ive been saying man.[/QUOT

POMH, I live in the south also. I can say things like that. I didnt mean to offened you or anybody else. Besides,it was meant as a insult to sproutco and now is out of context. So, I will end this with Im sorry to all who are decent southerns but, This was a shot at a redneck who screams "THE SOUTH WILL RISE AGAIN" what year is this? what country is this? :joint:

G

Better chance we sink than rise...

Beer delivery is here so grab a drink and a J and lets get back to growing

stay safe

burnt out og'er
Veteran
hurricanefaniam said:
wow anyone else get neg rep cause sproutco was wrong?....Loser

This was one of sproutcos biggest mistakes along with the ugly pm's he was sending people, plus the membership privacy he was abusing when he'd forward other peoples pm's without their prior permission. RIP sproutco.

Now that he has gone away, hopefully for good... :yes:
,If there were a way to restore back all the negative rep sproutco threw around, I'd waste no time flipping that switch.

CaptJamesTKirk

stonewall said:
They deleted sproutco, and with it all of my private message communications with him! I am more than concerned for my security!

The wise one would deleat the account immeadiatly - just a word to the wise

well,,,,,,,

Last edited:

rusto

Beast
wow i can't believe i read most of this. I guess i missed the civil war or something along those lines

newlife those plants are lookin good.

+k to Hurricanfan, Capt. K, Verite, Hazetoker, B.C.

I will help add some pos. rep (if I can) for exposing this "issue".

Not-so-experienced growers like myself (2 grows) need reliable help, not battery acid and stump remover.

CaptJamesTKirk

There plenty of qualified help that around Meggawatfarmer, (cool screen name too) and my grows are free of battery acid, Borox and Stump remover.

Matter of fact,,, seems to be a trend around here.

awwww no nute caluculator either.

But I do have a garden.

somewhere

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.