What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Weird Leafs on my plants

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok here are some AK-47 clones (not 100% on the strain.)

This one is doing pretty good for the most part. Its tied at the base for support and the main stem is held down to encourage lower growth. I think I could maybe start training the new shoots that have grown but I dunno yet. But thats not really a big issue right now. Its more the weird leaf deformations I'm getting.

This is the the AK-47. Same strain but I haven't trained it at all. Just letting her do its thing. This one has the most messed up leafs/shoots.

When I recieved these girls I was told they were about 10days old. (I guess from being cut and planted). I was also told (you could kinda tell) that they were cut while the plant was in flower.

I kinda thought it was a silly idea to go from flower to veg? I thought I had read somewhere that its alot of stress and time lost to go from 12/12 to 18/6 and its not worth the time lost?

With what I've been told I estimate they should be 27days old.

I've been feeding them just tap water which is 7.3ph. 6.8 is what I want right so I'm not far off. I have PH down but should I be that finicy? I did this for the first 1 week I had them. Then I started feeding with Canna Terra Flores 2 - 2 - 4 with B'cuzz Growth Stimulator.
Both nutes are 1ml per Liter. So I the 2 of these with 1 liter and give each plant 500ml. I will mix another liter if I don't see water come out the bottom of the pots. I stop watering once I've seen that water come out the bottom of the pot. I do this once ever 3 days like the bottle says. The soil feels pretty dry to the touch after 2-3 days. So it usually takes a second mixing of the mixture.

As for soil I'm using Promix BX which seems pretty light and airy and has perlite.

There is an ocliating fan in there with the girls and they are under 6 2ft Plant and Aquarium flouresant lights.

Temps are 65degrees at night. 75-85 during the day. Usually the lower. I Keep the windows open and its cold out.

So any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Also if you guys need more pics I can post more =)

Last edited:

sproutco

Veteran
You want 5.6 to 6.2 ph in promix. Adjust your fert water after mixing to about 5.8 to 6.

Thanks. I was just reading your how to test soil ph. I fed them on monday morning. So I'll do that stuff tommorow. Thanks man.

So my weird leaf formations are due to ph ? I hope thats all it is.

sproutco

Veteran
Your ferts are too weak. Increase dose. 20% of what your pour on the plant should come out the bottom. Your want some runoff.

Last edited:

smokeymacpot

Veteran
mutants happen dude, even healthly plants have the odd one or two mutant leaves.
it does look in very good health, so you should continue to grow them and they might grow out of it as they get older, but i wouldnt worry if they didnt...

goes to show you what can happen to a stressed out plant :D

CaptJamesTKirk

sproutco said:
Your ferts are too weak. Increase dose. 20% of what your pour on the plant should come out the bottom. Your want some runoff.

and don't listen to sproutco - he's an poser, who poses as a grower but dosen't grow - - BEWARE he's wrong again.

And gives neg K for pointing this out

over 3,200 posts since MAY 2006???

that plant is reverting from flower and will require gentle nursing - light watering until the leaves stop the single and 3 fingered ones and get back to regurlar growth and return to more normal growth pattens.

They make nice clone moms with all the sprout sites, but you will do better to establish a fresh and vibrant mom

wana know how I know?

I'll get you a picture later

Last edited:

MTF-Sandman

OG Refugee
Veteran
Yup...it's just a reveg since the clones were taken in flowering. Give em time and they'll straighten themselves out.

vavwl

I had a skunk #1 that I had to reveg and had some similarly weird leaves. Once the reveg is over they will go back to normal. I thought it was because I put them under a HID from under a fluoro. They eventually went back to normal.

jaypee89

This plant is somewhat interesting heh. Can you keep us updated with pics as time goes by? shoot thanks !

Here are some pics of my modifed c13

And this is the LST AK47. I'm pretty happy with the amount of growth I got off the bottom shoots. When I first got the plant none of the bottom plant was really growing. After training the growth down there was insane. Loving this LST business! I have a c22 box that is almost setup. Thats gonna be my flowering box.

Oh btw. Can I cut off fan leafs? there are one or two that are hanging pretty low. They get blown around quite a bit. Don't really know how much they are even doing that far away from the light. If I cut a fan leaf off its pretty much useless right? I need a shoot to make a clone not a fan leaf, correct?

Thanks for all the help again.

CaptJamesTKirk

if it's green - the plant is using it.

it's your plant - cut what you wish, but the plant will tell YOU when IT IS DONE with leaves - anytime befor that and the plant has to devote time and energy to healing

yes growth shoots
no leaves

you will want to veg those for a while - you won't get any yeild with thos single fingered leaves

Last edited:

sproutco

Veteran
Just for interest...

Just for interest...

I will go ahead and say I believe the deformed new growth and twisting new leaves in a cork screw is a result of boron deficiency. :pimp3: Sometimes vegetable plants will get all their new growth deformed like this. Aphids are sometimes the cause so you should check for that first. The remedy to boron trouble is making sure your ph is low enough in your soil mix. High ph quickly makes this nutrient unavailable. Also, you were applying straight water that lacked boron. This happens in nurserys or places like homedepot or lowes. The plants you get usually will be slightly b deficient. Another thing is that your dose of ferts is extremely low. You should be using 4 times what your using. 100 ppm+ nitrogen. You can use the calculator in my signature to figure precisely how much to add to at least get this. When you use a little dose of ferts = little dose of boron and this might not be enough for proper growth. This problem happens to growers in hot weather when they reduce fertilizer to prevent burn. If the plants don't come out of it after several weeks of changing conditions described above, I can give you a boron boost rate. :yoinks: Lmao.

sproutco

Veteran
I put the fert numbers in the calculator for you to get ppms. At 1 ml per liter/3.8 ml per gallon, your using only 20 ppm nitrogen. :( You should use 5 ml per liter or 19 ml per gallon to get 100 ppm nitrogen. 5x rate. This is the rate your currently using. Click on it to enlarge.

You can enter net weight and total ml of the bottle to make this slightly more accurate but I think it will be about the same.

G

I dont believe it's a boron problem...without reading and looking at the pics you can tell it was takin during flowering...the leaves are a nice green so I dont think it's underfeeding...the ph was a lil high...try keeping around 5.8- 6.0...I have had the same problem matter of fact i can take a pic of a plant in my garden with same issues in the leaves from taking late in flower..Not as perfect as sproutco's plants but i'm happy with my results...pics in threads...stay safe and best of luck...

Edit:are you giving food with every watering?with soil less is more alot of times...I dont..repeat do not think they are under fed....they are a lush color in some of the pics...didnt see burn @tips either..

Edited again:remember strains differ in nutes amounts....anyone who has grown for awhile with lots of strains I think would agree....I run @ least 7 kinds every harvest...gives a challage but I do pretty good...some plants I have to add different things some times...Just keep in mind they are suggestions not facts on any strains....in time you will get a feel of what the plants like and dont...takes a few runs with a strain over and over bfore you start to learn the strain...I run mine 4 times before I make my mind up...best of luck

Last edited:

CaptJamesTKirk

hurricanefaniam said:
Not as perfect as sproutco's plants but i'm happy with my results..

SPROUTCO HAS NO CANNABIS PLANTS.

AT ALL

NONE

NADA

But appears to be the authority on using battery acid, stump remover - Boraxo and other "superior" means

and never crack a seed or cut a clone.

I'll bet your garden is superior - and I haven't seen your garden, but I know for truth sproutco don't grow

Last edited:

sproutco

Veteran
hurricanefaniam said:
...the leaves are a nice green so I dont think it's underfeeding...
Sometimes at the beginning of boron deficiency, the leaves will get dark green. They may also get thick and leathery.

Status
Not open for further replies.