What's new

Dutch Passion - Master Kush

I picked these up a few months ago. Finally ready to start planting. Here are 3 MK seeds showing tap root after 2 days. (top 3 are MK. Bottom one is HP x WW)
The 2 on the right have been put into soil already. The one on the far right was almost ready to break out of the seed shell.

Here they are in styrafoam cups with a clear plastic cup as a humidome. Works great. Not 100% sure if I should have a dome on top. I was just trying to keep the soil from drying out. The lights are on 24/7 right now.

I will keep updating as they grow. This is my first time growing from seed. I've tried to plant seeds before and screwed it up. I put them in a shot glass and left them there too long. Didn't realise I was only supposed todo that for 24 hours then put them in paper towel. I didn't soak these ones. Just threw them in the paper towel. They are loving it. Except the HPxWW. Haven't seen much progress on them yet. I figured they would work out alot nicer. Seeds were way bigger and had a nice pattern on them. The MK were small and didn't have much pattern. I figured they were not matured enough or w/e. But they growing rapidly so we will see how things go.

Little update. Yesterday there was lots of growth. Late last night the seed sprouted. Awesome!

But! There is some small bits of yellowing. I've also had the lights on 24/7

Should I be changing to a 20/4 now?

Here is a pic.

Sorry I haven't updated this more frequently. Lifes been busy. The pic of the seedling above died =(. Of the 3 MK seeds I planted 3 sprouted tap roots and went into soil. 2 spouted from the soil. The top one died. So I'm left just one survivor.

This is the only one remaining and slowly struggling along.

I think I might have done too much and just not been patient with them. Or I had the wrong conditions.

When they first went into soil the tap roots were about 1/2" long or more. I planted them about 1/2" from the surface. Then gave a light watering of tap water. 7.3ph. I think I prolly should have adjusted the ph?

I had a humidome over top of the whole tray they sit in for awhile. But I don't think it actually held that much humidity. I never noticed any moisture on the inside like I do with the clear cups on top of the styrafoam cups. Pic below of current setup.

So after a week of being in the soil I had fed them with a very light solution of Canna Flora Nova. It was like a 1/4 of full strength. And I only gave them like a 20 ml each. I just saw little to no growth and browning on the leafs. So I thought maybe its hungry or something. Bad idea I know.. So I thought what could it hurt. So I have them a little mix. I guess thats why the tips of the leaves on the last one are maybe nute burn?

So its been 2 weeks now since I planted in soil. Should this seedling be further along? Will it make it? What should I do now? The soil seems dry at the top. But the cup seems like it still has some weight too it. I'm thinking I should water but I'm afraid and don't want to kill it.

Thanks.

CaptJamesTKirk

Howdy Newfie

Sprouts are slow - no 2 ways about it
These are about 2 weeks along and I'm not happy- but they seem to be so onward thru the fog.

If they are standing up, and healthy lookin - keep doing what your doing.

I have some pictures at 1 month,,, wana get depressed? lol

it gets better

Last edited:
I think i will pick up some perlite maybe. Looks like alot of people use more perlite than soil. Even though my promix has perlite more is prolly better eh?

I'm going to flush this guy out with propper PH'd water. 7.3 is too high.

CaptJamesTKirk

low to mid 6's for pH

I mix 1/2 pearlite and 1/2 FoxFarm Ocean Forest for seeds and clones - - works pretty well - add a fat tsp of dolomite lime per gallon of soil and mix her up. Do a search for Promix - see what works best with what you have. Pearlite lightens the soil and gets air to the roots between waterings - roots need to get dry - ish and they don't swim well.

Watering is the next lesson

Lil bitty babys and FLUSH ----- ----- that can't possibley end well - especially if there isn't a problem.

if it's not thirsty - don't water it - first watering - ya don't need to water the edge of the pot - just the stem of the plant plus a little - next time a little more - third or forth time you should have roots everywhere - then a light feeding i then a transplant and start all over - but it grows faster now

Somewhere around 6.2ish pH - clear, clean, water - if water in your area is "hard" use 50-50 distilled and tap.

No ferts

no additives

well maybe 1 teaspoon of Mollassas and some kelp extract 1/2 teasppon or so to a gallon That's all The molassas is for the micro kiddies and the kelp is good shit with growth hormones.

oh domes -- it can't hurt. My RH here is like 20% - it's hard on young plants. If mine don't survive - I can find ones that will I don't like to baby them, but it has helped bring some back to health. Ya gotta do what ya gotta do.

Lots to learn right at first.

and it's not really fast - kinda like watching paint dry.

Last edited:
Well I did give them nutes when I wasn't supposed to. And the water I did give them was 7.3 origionally. I think thats why the tips are brown..

So they are kinda dry right now and I figured a flush would help them. I was in chat early and Gypsy actually suggested this. But I don't think he saw the pic or read the thread.

CaptJamesTKirk

disreguard previous post, if they need a drink,

I wouldn't flush though - just a light but thurugh watering around the stems

they don't need ferts though - just water and a breeze for now

pH 6.2ish

sorry about the other post.

Steady as she goes,

Last edited:
Hehe thanks Capt. Apprieate your help. I gave them a light watering. Yeah and the fan is on and I'm not using the humidome. Keeping a close eye but just gonna watch see how they do. I'll keep you posted.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to CaptJamesTKirk again.