What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Water Curing??

JWP

11.66% of the best growth you will have at any time during the grow. wasted... all wasted. :bat: :pointlaug

EDIT:

The only reasons people wouldn’t water cure or be opposed to it are:

1. They sell it & don’t care
2. Sheep. Just follow what other sheeple do without thinking.
3. Pride. People can’t admit they have been using an inferior method this whole time.
4. Like the flavor and smell of a regular cure.

hahahaha yeah rite. Flavor & smell my ass. If you want flavor buy a pack of gum. Anyone who says they are number 4 are full of shit and probably are really a 1,2 or 3 :yoinks: :sasmokin:

Last edited:

Delta9-THC

from the mists and the shadows .... there you wil
Veteran
OK tried it and personally no real need a good air cure does every time... although I did notice less smeel when in the bag and smoking....

and it can be quicker than air drying!

will try it again with some more next time ... but I think I gotta say on a personal note its not my thing!

PEACE

Blowmonkey

JWP said:
4. Like the flavor and smell of a regular cure.

hahahaha yeah rite. Flavor & smell my ass. If you want flavor buy a pack of gum. Anyone who says they are number 4 are full of shit and probably are really a 1,2 or 3

Get off your high horse. I have tried it with multiple strains and all have come out tasting like ass, while they normally, with a regular curing job, would've tasted like heaven. The buds look like they came right out of an ass as well.

And chlorophyl isn't that water soluble, a bit will come out, but not the majority, either way, chlorophyl turns into sugar after a long enough curing job, which it won't with a water cure.

JWP

:biglaugh: couple of number 4's huh

No one cares what it looks like when its about to be burned.
Cure away boys. Let all your THC turn to CBN....

JWP

I think a fair few people may hate me after this thread lol. Although I do realize its only because im rite.
Its human nature, im boldly throwing the fact that a water cure is a superior method to a regular air cure and people don’t like it. When people are backed into a corner they fight to get out and that’s what’s happening here.

No matter what any of you air cure dudes say the facts are.

1. We are farming THC not plant useless material.
2. From two identical plants the one that receives nutes will yield more than one that doesn’t.
3. Pot that is 7 days old will have a higher THC content and lower CBN.
4. Pot air cured for months will have a higher CBN level and lower THC level.

The breeders everywhere are making the most potent pot they can. They are trying to pack as much THC per gram of pot they can.

That’s what a water cure does! Same thing.

You reduce the mass. Useless plant material packed full of cancer causing carcinogens. While the THC level is static.

Its a win win win win win situation. I dunno why people fight it

JWP

Everything else equal 1 gram of water-cured pot will always be more potent and have a substantially higher level of THC than 1 gram of air cured pot.

You dudes need to face the facts. You’re smoking an inferior product. :joint:

EDIT:

Another thing!
All other things considered equal. Not only will the water cured pot have more THC per gram we will have more THC total!
For a week you air cure guys flush.
We water cure dudes on the other hand feed our ladies. Thus giving us a greater yield.

Cant fight logic dudes. Don’t even try

Last edited:

Delta9-THC

Veteran
Im still with blowmonkey on this ... ha ha ha ha ha
Just because we have different opinions and you believe yours right does not make me think ...What an idiot for enjoying a nicely/well done air cure....
sorry !

he he heh e h

Peace and curing whichever way you like!

Delta9-THC

Veteran
oh and Yes they care ... my friends love to look at it and admire the grow ... so when I cut it

water cure

dry and then offer them what looks like bad backstreet weed ,,,, they were like "erm wheres this from?"

whereas the air dry looked perfect no loss of colour smell ... remeber the commercial growers usually dont cure at all ... so aircure is usually better than bought ... water cure in my opinion always looks less appetising and no real smell ... gotta say I didnt even notice the so-called "thc increase" .....

Peace

JWP

Mate its not about me believing or having an opinion.
This thread is about facts. Cold hard facts.

Why do people smoke pot? To get smashed
What gets you smashed? THC
What’s the objective when growing pot? To produce as much THC as possible
What’s Delta9’s objective? To please his mates?

Mate my goal is not to make you feel like an idiot.
If you want to waste %11 of the you’re best growth potential, yield less, smoke cancer causing carcinogens from inferior buds with a THC level no where near the maximum they could be then that’s up to you.
If you feel like an idiot afterwards then that’s completely understandable.

Blowmonkey

It's not possible having a discussion with people as stubborn as you, I'm not even going to try.

Could you leave out the petty personal attacks though? So immature.

JWP

Mate if you want to take it personally that’s up to you. If you want to flip it and some how make out that im a bad guy and im preventing you from taking part in discussion in this thread then that’s fine two.
Just remember you have not made one single valid argument as to why air cured is better than water cured. Me on the other hand…. Well people can just scroll back to see the countless valid points I made.

You know how many people have viewed this thread? Close to 1600. Not one of them people could come up with a valid reason why air cured would be better than water cured either. I bet at least %95 of the 1600 air cure. Why didn’t any of them people reply to the thread saying things like: “So immature” ???

Because a water cure is the superior method. They know they can’t win the argument. So they don’t even try.

More yield (argument over)
More THC per gram (so over)
More THC total (give up already)

:wave:

Blowmonkey

JWP said:
Mate if you want to take it personally that’s up to you.

I was referring to the following:
If you feel like an idiot afterwards then that’s completely understandable.

These things aren't needed, you should understand that.

Just remember you have not made one single valid argument as to why air cured is better than water cured.

The best argument anyone here could make is that neither method is "better", it's all relative.

IMO the little loss of excess plant material and increase in potency isn't worth smoking filthy buds, I just can't stand smoking something which doesn't taste good. Same with food, I'd rather eat something tasty, only when I don't have a choice, or when it becomes a necessity, then I'd eat no matter what the taste was.

Do you understand where I'm getting at? Meanwhile, care to explain this:
More yield (argument over)

Because if you are implying that the same amount of wet buds will dry up to be more with a water cure, then you're wrong. Might be if you let the majority of the water in your buds, but water curing; as you yourself even explained, looses more excess plant material than it would have during a regular cure, hence, less weight, less yield.

Or were you hinting at the amount of THC? If so, no need to repeat the same thing 3 times, people get the picture after saying it once.

JWP

From the first thing you say in your reply to the last thing you say. Most of it is about me. All these quotes…
Mate you need to focus on the message, not the messenger.

Really I should only respond to the bit in the middle where you actually addressed the issue but I will go ahead and respond to the meaningless bits directed at me.

These things aren't needed, you should understand that.

If you read what was said again you would see that it was actually Delta9-THC who first used the scenario of feeling like an idiot.
I merely expanded on that scenario in my response to his post.
Look even closer and you will see I even took the time to say: “Mate my goal is not to make you feel like an idiot.”

If you misinterpret what I say in a post not even directed at you that’s your problem.
If you take a misinterpreted statement and use it out of context in quotes designed to attack & discredit the integrity of my character that’s something different.

Some people may say that those actions constitute the definition of an idiot. But that’s just some people. Personally I wont say anything about it because it has absolutely nothing to do with water curing.

The best argument anyone here could make is that neither method is "better", it's all relative.

Who are you kidding mate? Yourself?
Water curing is clearly the better method. And the best argument has already been made.

IMO the little loss of excess plant material and increase in potency isn't worth smoking filthy buds

Filthy? I would reserve the word filthy for your air-cured buds packed full of cancer causing carcinogens.

Because if you are implying that the same amount of wet buds will dry up to be more with a water cure, then you're wrong. …. As you yourself even explained, looses more excess plant material than it would have during a regular cure, hence, less weight, less yield.

I didn’t imply anything. That’s just how you interpreted it. How you take what I say and come to this conclusion: “hence, less weight, less yield.” Has me bamboozled.

Two plants…
Plant one is feed full strength nutrients for the full flowering cycle.
Plant two has its nutrients cut and misses out on %11.66 of growth at a time when the plant is at stage of maximum production.

You tell me which will yield more?

When a miner digs the ground for gold he doesn’t come up with a bunch of dirt mixed with his gold and say his yield of gold is greater because he has all this dirt with it.

Blowmonkey

JWP said:
Who are you kidding mate? Yourself?
Water curing is clearly the better method. And the best argument has already been made.

This is what I mean. You cannot comprehend that it's different strokes for different folks. What is better is all relative, it's an opinion. I agree that it's "better" in the sense of having more THC per gram, otherwise, no, I don't agree.

If you want to rebuttle against this, fine, go ahead and have the last word. I'm not going to reply to it anymore because it's clearly going nowhere.

Filthy? I would reserve the word filthy for your air-cured buds packed full of cancer causing carcinogens.

So cannabis causes cancer all of a sudden? Show me the studies, no conclusive study exists. If you're so concerned about carcinogens, buy a vaporizer.

Anyways, in my opinion water cured buds aren't as nice to smoke as simple air cured buds, that's what it comes down to. You're not going to tell me what I find filthy or not, because only I can.

Two plants…
Plant one is feed full strength nutrients for the full flowering cycle.
Plant two has its nutrients cut and misses out on %11.66 of growth at a time when the plant is at stage of maximum production.

You tell me which will yield more?

The plant which get's more nutrients will obviously produce more weight. You assume however that everyone flushes 1-2 weeks before harvest. A good cure will assure that all excess nutrients will be broken down, so any grower can happily give nutrients right up till harvest, most hydro growers do this anyways.

I don't know where you've got that number from though, care to enlighten me?

Anyways, what I also found odd was your following statement:
Cure away boys. Let all your THC turn to CBN....

I agree that's going to happen with a cure. It will also happen when you simply stash your buds away. Do you smoke all of your water cured buds immediately or something? Because after a week of water curing, you will have to dry and stash away those buds. Those water cured buds will also, over time, have a small percentage of THC turn into CBN. Same as with air cured buds, so it's a moot point.

Anyways, either method will result in your buds having some THC turn into CBN after time, that's inevitable. So stash away boy, let all your THC turn into CBN.

JWP

What’s relative is that opinions count for jack.
It’s a fact.
A water cure is “better” than an air cure. Always has been. Always will be.

I don’t care about the last say mate. You can have it.

So cannabis causes cancer all of a sudden?

It always has. Ask google. Don’t take my word for it.

Show me the studies, no conclusive study exists.

Again. Ask google. Don’t take my word for it.

“An average marijuana cigarette contains 30 nanograms of this carcinogen, compared to 21 nanograms in an average tobacco cigarette (Marijuana and Health, National Academy of Sciences, Institute of Medicine report,1982). This potent carcinogen suppresses a gene that controls growth of cells. When this gene is damaged, the body becomes more susceptible to cancer. This gene, P53, is related to half of all human cancers and as many as 70% of lung cancers.
Clearly marijuana smoke contains more of the potent carcinogen benzopyrene than tobacco smoke. Furthermore, the technique of\line smoking marijuana by inhaling deeply and holding the smoke within the lungs presents a chance of much greater exposure than a conventional tobacco cigarette.”

You're not going to tell me what I find filthy or not, because only I can.
Mate you brought up the word filthy not me

Blowmonkey

JWP said:
What’s relative is that opinions count for jack.
It’s a fact.
A water cure is “better” than an air cure. Always has been. Always will be.

:deadhorse

Ofcourse! You're right! You know why? Because that's your opinion, nothing more. There are no "facts" about what someone finds better. What is better is relative depending upon the person.

Re your comments about marijuana causing cancer. Those are suggestive studies. Now THOSE count for jack. Give me definitve proof that marijuana causes cancer. You can't because there are none. I have seen almost every single paper on it and there are DOZENS suggesting cannabis causes cancer, there are also DOZENS stating the opposite, that cannabis protects you from cancer. Guess what? Those studies about cannabis causing cancer are ALL suggestive. Without definitive proof it's absolutely ridiculous to say that cannabis causes cancer.

There is a difference between "could be" and "will be".. Could marijuana cause cancer? Could be. Will marijuana cause cancer? We don't know. Learn the difference.

Mate you brought up the word filthy not me

Your point being?

My points still stand.
1) I find water cured cannabis filthy
2) You're not going to tell me what I think of it, I find it filthy.

G

If it tastes filthy your doing it wrong. I taste very little and only feel the thc expanding in my lungs.
I'm down with each to their own though, remember people think cigarettes taste nice :pointlaug

Delta9-THC

Veteran
JWP .... you seem to think that you got facts .... especially with my reasons for growing and my opinions .. .. .. ..

No you dont ...... cold hard fact is I like it better ,,,,, tried the water cure and didn't even "feel" the thc increase....
also my friends like to smoke ....(some to get SMASHED as you put it)

so if they like what I grow I feel pleased ......

Highest THC in the world ..... nope dosen't matter as long as I enjoy my HomeGrown bud....

also ..... I have now tried 2 different weeds in watercures AND still believe I prefer air cure

REASON #4

I dont feel like an Idiot .... you snide B*stard

you may be right that the higher the THC the better but water curing loses half the pleasure of the smoke IMO

no facts figures ... just a preference ... AND I DONT NEED TO PUSH IT IN YOUR FACE

So.... MATE.... do as you will but I wont be watercuring because its not worth it

Peace

Latest posts

Latest posts