What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Water Curing??

was it taste or high or both that was inferior in the opinions of the ppl testing? Cause if it is just a matter of taste, well, I am not as concerned about that as I am in potency.

Last edited:

full time daddy
Veteran
the potency was the same.

it was the taste, that was o most a bammer weed ( brick ) taste.
.................................................^ hillbillyonpcp's word

maybe it was cuz it was preme pot. i dont know but it was the same from 8 ppl's
but the non water cure bud was just great besides the fact that it was preme

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
I agree, the potency was unaffected, but the appearence and flavour, well, it turned my lovely hashy tasting gooey mango buds, into brown fermented looking bud that looked like compressed import, brownweed. I'll be sticking with old jars then. unless i got something thats had to come down without a flush for any reason, then it may be worth a go, as it has been said that it does remove ferts i believe??

I won't do the water cure again. I am glad I only did a quarter of an ounce and not more. Potency is no different. Cured bud being more potent is pretty much a myth anyways. Smoother, yes. Tastier, depends on the strain, imo.

Anyway, I would not recomend water curing for people. Not even if you didn't flush.

G

The water curing method is great espeically when you need some bud in a short period of time. Me and a bud of mine did it on our last harvest and the smoke was great. Problem is the weight goes down signifigantly compared to hanging them. But there more potent!

G

Water cure thread?

Water cure thread?

Hey i just been scannin round and couldnt find much on water curing, was just wondering if anyone had the tute from OG?

cheers

three ounces of white russian everyone i know called me crazy for putting in an esky full of water :wink: that is until they smoked some :yummy:

G

no need for a tute mate.

Just pump ur ladies full of nutes till the last day of flower to max out your yield then cut em down and stick em under water for a week.... Dry and smoke :yummy:

Edit: white russian is on the to do list. in fact everything from serious seeds is on the to do list. hows the smoke?

Last edited:
G

i know that but trying to convince someone else thats all they need to do just isnt flying. i understand their skepticism but am looking to save their lungs and colour photographs and tried reports help to alay peoples fears.

the russian is a sweet very heady smoke i just cant wait to get it grown out in perfect conditions to see her full potential
some 30daysish jar cure

Last edited:

Guest423

Veteran
why would you want to water cure and waste all that color,smell and flavor of them kick ass white russians?

G

Healthy lungs man. After too many years of abusing them I was given a wake up . Now i'd rather lose all those things, so i can enjoy the content for many more years to come.

peace

G

not really, but its ok i know the whole process so i'll just hit up a few pics of the steps next time i dunk my buds.

peace

minds_I

Veteran
2047, I too have had the wakeup call (blood in your phlem and coughing fits).

I quit cigerettes (been over two years and not a one-cold turkey (fort he 5th time)) after 30 years of smoking them and weed.

Just my own homegrown and it is watercured-much esier on the lungs.

Also, the high is much better I think.

In addition, I try to keep my smoking stealth as I have 13yo duaghters (twins) and the watercure cuts the smoke odor significantly.

Its a really simple process and speedy as well. I find placing my wet buds on a cookie sheet and have a small fan blowing over the top of them (not at them). 6-8 hours (depending on humidity and temperature) later-done, ready to smoke and jar.

My buds still retain some smell-more like deisel fuel/skunk. Almost burns the eyes from the fumes when I open the jar and smell them.

minds_I

PS: I also think that initally, the plants continue to live in the water (as a rose would in a vase) and I wonder if maybe there might be a lst ditch effort to produce?

Last edited:
G

well done man! it'll be 2 yrs cold turkey for me in august also with no slip up.
I soon realised though that quittin cigs wasnt really enough as my lungs werent recovering with me smoking weed. So since then i have been cutting back anywhere i can in an effort to help them recover. so now i try and only smoke watercured or bubble, got me a vapourizer too but thats a different stone which can leave me dead in the couch compared to smoking.

protect your lungs youth and dont smoke cigarettes

peace.

Last edited:

minds_I

Veteran
Hello all,

I just wanted to say I had to pull two plants way to early.

Anyway, I used the water cure with them like usual-blah-premature bud sucks balls.

Never had bad tasting water cured-but it does go to show that buds need to fully mature.

minds_I

minds_I

Veteran
I have noticed with vaping that it all tastes the same-no difference that I can precieve.

minds_I

minds_I

Veteran
It does smoke much much smoother-less harsh and I don't cough. It is still better then air cured on your lungs.

minds_I

Latest posts

Latest posts