What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Water Curing??

Blowmonkey

twenty47red-i said:
If it tastes filthy your doing it wrong.

Nah, I don't think I was doing it wrong since I followed instructions perfectly. Unlike some people on here, I even refreshed the water every other day. Still don't like it.

JWP

Blowmonkey said:
Ofcourse! You're right! You know why? Because that's your opinion, nothing more. There are no "facts" about what someone finds better. What is better is relative depending upon the person.

If im wrong that’s great. It’s an opportunity to learn something. But that’s not the case.
If I have two samples of pot.
Sample A has 1 gram of THC and sample B has 0.8 grams of THC.
Sample A is the “better” sample.
That has absolutely nothing to do with my opinion or relativity.
That is a fact no matter what sorts of spin you put on it.

Blowmonkey said:
Re your comments about marijuana causing cancer. Those are suggestive studies. Now THOSE count for jack. Give me definitve proof that marijuana causes cancer. You can't because there are none. I have seen almost every single paper on it and there are DOZENS suggesting cannabis causes cancer, there are also DOZENS stating the opposite, that cannabis protects you from cancer. Guess what? Those studies about cannabis causing cancer are ALL suggestive. Without definitive proof it's absolutely ridiculous to say that cannabis causes cancer.

There is a difference between "could be" and "will be".. Could marijuana cause cancer? Could be. Will marijuana cause cancer? We don't know. Learn the difference.

Go to your local hospital and have a look in a ward with cancer patients. You ask them poor fuckers who are about to die if they think carcinogens from tobacco or marijuana had anything to do with their cancer. While your at it ask the doctors.

Delta9-THC said:
JWP .... you seem to think that you got facts .... especially with my reasons for growing and my opinions .. .. .. ..

All I have to go by is what you say yourself.

"my friends love to look at it and admire the grow ... so when I cut it water cure dry and then offer them what looks like bad backstreet weed ,,,, they were like "erm wheres this from?"

You said it.... Not me

Delta9-THC said:
AND I DONT NEED TO PUSH IT IN YOUR FACE

In case you haven’t noticed this is the water cure thread

Look even after all this meaningless talk with quotes about this & that still no one has come up with 1 valid reason why an air cure is better than a water cure. On the flip side we have a whole bunch of valid reasons why a water cure is better than an air cure

NiteTiger

Tiger, Tiger, burning bright...
Veteran
Blowmonkey said:
Nah, I don't think I was doing it wrong since I followed instructions perfectly. Unlike some people on here, I even refreshed the water every other day. Still don't like it.

Um, if you were changing out the water every other day, you were not following the instructions perfectly. Change out the water everyday.

JWP, water curing does indeed have many benefits, but what is best is relative.

What is best comes down to the consumer, not science. Taste and aroma are very important in a consumers enjoyment, and a water cure does have a substantial impact on both. Saying taste and aroma are pointless is, once again, relative. I can get a nutrient solution that gives my body everything it needs, but I'd much rather eat a nice steak and veggies.

As far as the carcinogens, you're focusing on the wrong area. The cure does not effect the amount of carcinogens, the method of consumption is the issue. Burning plant material is what causes the release of carcinogens, both in tobacco and marijuana. If you're concerned about the carcinogens, ingest it via digestion or vaporization.

I'm a firm believer in water curing, and a substantial portion of every harvest gets water cured. However, I also jar cure a portion, for when I'm smoking socially. The water cure has its place in any growers toolbox, for the right situation. But arguing that any method is superior for every occasion is pointless, what's best is relative to the individual.

Delta9-THC

from the mists and the shadows .... there you wil
Veteran
JWP said:
If I have two samples of pot.
Sample A has 1 gram of THC and sample B has 0.8 grams of THC.
Sample A is the “better” sample.

"better"

depends on the high not the thc content!

JWP said:
That has absolutely nothing to do with my opinion or relativity.

On the flip side we have a whole bunch of valid reasons why a water cure is better than an air cure[/B]

1 reason .....
you've given .......thc content............. and maybe "stealth" he he heh e
anyway I agree with my dutch counterpart ...
Peace

Delta9-THC

Veteran
btw I didnt come to this "watercure" thread to start an argument .... but I dont agree
Peace and curing

Delta9-THC

Veteran
NiteTiger said:
Um, if you were changing out the water every other day, you were not following the instructions perfectly. Change out the water everyday.

What is best comes down to the consumer, not science. Taste and aroma are very important in a consumers enjoyment, and a water cure does have a substantial impact on both. Saying taste and aroma are pointless is, once again, relative. I can get a nutrient solution that gives my body everything it needs, but I'd much rather eat a nice steak and veggies.

what's best is relative to the individual.

EXACTLY
thankyou nite.... my thoughts in words at last!
he he he he
Peace

JWP

NiteTiger said:

Taste and aroma are very important in a consumers enjoyment, and a water cure does have a substantial impact on both. Saying taste and aroma are pointless is, once again, relative. I can get a nutrient solution that gives my body everything it needs, but I'd much rather eat a nice steak and veggies.

As far as the carcinogens, you're focusing on the wrong area. The cure does not effect the amount of carcinogens, the method of consumption is the issue. Burning plant material is what causes the release of carcinogens, both in tobacco and marijuana. If you're concerned about the carcinogens, ingest it via digestion or vaporization.

I'm a firm believer in water curing, and a substantial portion of every harvest gets water cured. However, I also jar cure a portion, for when I'm smoking socially. The water cure has its place in any growers toolbox, for the right situation. But arguing that any method is superior for every occasion is pointless, what's best is relative to the individual.

Don’t worry about me. I have my shit already sorted.
Carcinogens aren’t an issue for me. Think about the young impressionable minds reading this thread.
You know very well that the vast majority of smokers use a water pipe or joint.

Taste and aroma huh. Blowmonkey already had something to say about this in another thread.

Do you know what terpenoids and flavonoids are?

What about the cytotoxicity of terpenoids and flavonoids?

Do you know what cytotoxicity means?

Cytotoxicity is the quality of being toxic to cells.

Terpenoids and flavonoids and are not considered psychoactive, and in no way contribute to the high created by the cannabinoids.

Your argument is redundant dude. What sort of backward twisted consumer would want toxins or carcinogens in their mix?

If I told you that your steak and veggies were packed full of toxins and other harmful substances I know you would reconsider the nutrient solution.

If your own flesh and blood had a choice of water cured buds or air-cured buds, which would you hope they picked?

B.C.

Non Conformist
Veteran
I see no facts...

I see no facts...

I've had C99 and sour D. in a jar for about a year and half now and it's just as up lifting and tasty as the day I put it in there:thc>cbn I don't think so...I've water cured many times trying everything and every way.I don't care for it.Air dry and jar cure for me period.You can lead a sheep to water but you can't make'em cure with it....baa-baa LOL take care...BC

JWP

A few years ago when I first heard about water curing I thought why the hell would anyone want to put his or her sweet fresh buds in water. I was against it from the start. So I set out to prove that water curing was not as good as an air cure. But I soon found out that I couldn’t do it.

Each to their own and all that. Do what makes you happy.

2000 views and still no one has a valid reason why an air cure is superior to a water cure.
If someone comes up with one let me know and I will come back and have a read.
Until then it’s been good chatting with you all and good luck to you. :wave:

NiteTiger

Veteran
JWP said:
Don’t worry about me. I have my shit already sorted.
Carcinogens aren’t an issue for me. Think about the young impressionable minds reading this thread.
You know very well that the vast majority of smokers use a water pipe or joint.

Taste and aroma huh. Blowmonkey already had something to say about this in another thread.

Do you know what terpenoids and flavonoids are?

What about the cytotoxicity of terpenoids and flavonoids?

Do you know what cytotoxicity means?

Cytotoxicity is the quality of being toxic to cells.

Terpenoids and flavonoids and are not considered psychoactive, and in no way contribute to the high created by the cannabinoids.

Your argument is redundant dude. What sort of backward twisted consumer would want toxins or carcinogens in their mix?

If I told you that your steak and veggies were packed full of toxins and other harmful substances I know you would reconsider the nutrient solution.

If your own flesh and blood had a choice of water cured buds or air-cured buds, which would you hope they picked?

Interesting, I've never heard about flavinoids and terpenoids being cytotoxic. Do you have a link to that explains this in more detail? All I can find is discussions of the cytotoxicity against tumor cells. But, these are discussions of certain plants, none of them cannabis. Could you point me to the study that shows cannabis flavioids and terpenoids are cytotoxic to healthy cells? I can't find it.

Last edited:
G

Guest 10952

Why is all the water cured weed i have tried has a bad a no taste compared to normally cured weed? The smell is almost non existant too which i feel affests the taste.

Blowmonkey

NiteTiger said:
Um, if you were changing out the water every other day, you were not following the instructions perfectly. Change out the water everyday..

I meant that. Everyday, not every 2 days, sorry.

You ask them poor fuckers who are about to die if they think carcinogens from tobacco or marijuana had anything to do with their cancer. While your at it ask the doctors.

Right. Does that mean that marijuana causes cancer? No. Try again.

Your argument is redundant dude.

If you don't understand the articles I've posted in the other thread, that's your problem, not mine. You're talking about facts the whole fucking time, now show me some instead of randomly making statements with no things to back up what you say. You're a bit of a hypocrite.

Interesting, I've never heard about flavinoids and terpenoids being cytotoxic.

Me neither, but then again, I have never searched for it either. I do know that certain flavonoids in cannabis are actually anti-oxidants.

bluebublelove

ok, two questions. can anyone say if the bud should be dried first or fresh from the plant? I would also like to ask to see pictures of any watercured buds. all the talk about how it robs the bud of bag appeal I'd like to see what you mean.

NiteTiger

Veteran
Fresh from the plant, straight into the water. The loss of bag appeal is normally attributed to the fact that a significant portion of the chlorophyll is leeched from the buds, leaving them more green than brown.

Mine look fine when they come out of a water cure though. Dunno if it's due to my submersion method or what.

G

bluebublelove said:
ok, two questions. can anyone say if the bud should be dried first or fresh from the plant? I would also like to ask to see pictures of any watercured buds. all the talk about how it robs the bud of bag appeal I'd like to see what you mean.

You wanna chuck em in teh water wet mate. That is to say chop em and dunk em.
If you goto the first post of this thread you can see 3 ounces of lovely smooth white russian, buds get a bit darker green and lose about 25% of their weight.
How this loses bag appeal I'm couldnt say because to me it looks like more than in an air cured/dried bag.
Def loses the smell appeal though, Taste is optional. :p

bluebublelove

well another thing is my general understanding is that the point of a cure is to pull residual moisture from inside of the plant through all of the bud, leaving it with a pungent smell and smoother smoke. Is is correct to call the water cure a cure? should it not be called leeching process?

also if you were to water cure some buds, drie them and then air cure them, would you not enhance the pungency? anyone with alot of time ever tried this?

NiteTiger

Veteran
bluebublelove said:
well another thing is my general understanding is that the point of a cure is to pull residual moisture from inside of the plant through all of the bud, leaving it with a pungent smell and smoother smoke. Is is correct to call the water cure a cure? should it not be called leeching process?

also if you were to water cure some buds, drie them and then air cure them, would you not enhance the pungency? anyone with alot of time ever tried this?

I did try to recapture the aroma by moving them into a jar after the water cure, and it just wouldn't happen, couldn't get it back.

As far as wether the water cure is a cure, according to Miriam-Webster, the definition of cure, as a verb, is: to prepare or alter especially by chemical or physical processing for keeping or use. So yes, the water cure is indeed a cure.