What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Water Curing??

dev0n

Less flavor, less smell is a feature not a bug.

I was reading up on water curing after I manicured my three Russian Rocket Fuel AF ladies, and that comment about made me choke on my soda. Quote of the year! Thanks for the info also!

Bush Dr

Painting the picture of Dorian Gray
Veteran
Personally I hate water cured weed, it does taste of nothing, the smell is a bit like burning newspaper .......but it does not smell like weed at all

The only time I voluntarily used it was with some over fed weed, it cleaned it up and saved the day

Water curing with dried bud is easy

1 Take washing full up bowl of cold water and add weed, hold it under the water for a few minutes until soaked

2 Place layer of cling film (Saran wrap) carefully over the top, making sure you get out every air bubble ........ that is very important

3 Place cutlery on the film to weigh down the weed and get the top of the bowl flat with the edge and wrap the film tight, keeping out any air

4 After 24hrs pour off water and repeat steps 1 - 3

5 About 6 days later all the water will have drained all water solubles out, it won't be coloured which is when you take it all out and oven dry it @ 70C until crisp

The result will literally be a pale imitation of your weed, but it 'does the trick'

BTW you loose weight because all you have is the plant cellulose, so your weed is more potent, there's just less vegetable matter same amount of THC

Hope this helps

Bush:joint::joint:

EMD, i was reading this thread and thinking... why on earth would you want to remove color, taste, and smell... but your post made the most sense to me and now i see clearly... i plan to water cure some of my yeild now simply because i am a college student. last year i had to go in the bathroom all day to smoke near the vent... this could be the ultimate solution to dorm room blues...now you can blaze right in there and not have to worry about RAs and people of authority... i wonder how the college kids are going to accept this new revolution... ill try it with some bud to chech actual results and smell but this sounds awesome for that....like i said i prefer to keep it normal because i can get away with smoking all day in my apartment..lol

i use one of those dry sieves for cooking and a bowl to keep brick submerged. usually already dried bud takes about 3-4 days, not the full 7.however i dont see anything wrong with the full 7.. some brick turns water dark brown within hours,its amazing. some ultra dry brittle kindbud shouldnt be water cured because you will loose trichs. most swag can be wc , but sometimes you do have some trich loss.. you will see all the trichs that remain on the swag as it rehydrates and looks like nug again. they look like little bubbles..but the ideal situation is to have fresh tough trichs from a fresh nug, trich loss isnt an issue with fresh nug. also for already dried herb you need a plan for your container to keep it submerged or your gonna end up with alot of trich loss from playing with the bud that keeps popping up to the surface.

also bush dr you should NEVER use COLD water. alway warm water.. cold water makes the trichs brittle and weak and alot easier to knock off . which is why its used to make hash. every thing else you said sounded pretty good. id poke small holes in the wrap.

Sandnut

#1 Water curing is used mostly by whom cannot expose their house for big odours, since they lay in water, its almost untraceable.

#2 Smoke loses the smell which is a bad thing imo.. but some people argue that smoke becomes more potent

#3 You lose more weight curing this way.

#4 Ur smoke will taste really weak, good thing is you can mix something in the water to add plavor to your buds!

#5 You get a really easy smoke to inhale, not harsch on your throat

Sandnut

what kind of favor can you add to the water? what about food colors?

Have never bothered to cure this way myself but from what I've seen people do, they mix some drops of concentrated "mint" extract or whatever flavour you like, also seen some people who had a bottom layer in the bucket full of oranges/lime for tasting aswell.

Big Foot

Have never bothered to cure this way myself but from what I've seen people do, they mix some drops of concentrated "mint" extract or whatever flavour you like, also seen some people who had a bottom layer in the bucket full of oranges/lime for tasting aswell.
That's just asking for your buds to become moldy. The best method I find is to put your water cured buds in with regular cured buds, that smell good. Once closed inside a jar for a few days the flavour should leach into the water cured buds.

TommytheCat

Well here is pretty much what I have experienced with water curing.

1. Your bud will taste like NOTHING. Almost no taste at all.
2. Your bud will smell like NOTHING (almost). I have smoked water cured in public, without people knowing a thing. If you need to make your smoke stealthy, water curing will do it. I've literally smoked 5' away from people without them having any idea..

I love the flavor and smell of bud, so I don't normally go with water curing. However, once in a while I'll chop a plant and water cure it just for kicks. When I go fishing, I usually bring some water cured to the lake with me. I can smoke there while the joggers walk past or other fisherman walk over to chat. No one ever has a clue..