What's new

want to move to emerald triangle

G

guest1ab

thanks for the advice guys, thats not the only interest i had of Humboldt, i hear its beautiful, my friend in mendocino just told me he thought i would do good there, i met him at a party and he was the only person i have talked to in ga that had the same knowledge of pot, i may not post alot but i read alot trying to gain knowledge and let me tell you my freinds, this site kicks ass. I Was going in the army but my dad recently died and it totally changed my mind Reading the comments above, it seems the best options for me is to start somthing where im at and get a job. Currently smoking Chem Dawg From humbolt co.

lolz....well you CAN READ, at least we know this much!
How are you liking that Chemdog? It's bomb, isn't it?

yea, i keep my mouth shut about it, i have one friend that i trust and thats about it, and i prolly wouldnt even tell him unless we were roomates.... shit can fook you if your not discreet

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
It sounds like you only want to move here to take advantage of our community. This makes me very upset. Is there nothing you can contribute by moving here? We do not need more eighteen year old kids with no prospects coming here. You will not be received with open arms if this is the attitude you come here with. "Ask not what the Emerald Triangle can do for you. Ask what you can do for the Emerald Triangle"

Well put brother.

You wouldn't be able to rent a house out here even, any landlord will see you, a young male, know you are from out of state and you picked to move HERE with no money and no job. You are a grower and they know it, and they'll round file your rental app. You and probably a hundred other identical apps that month.

To actually pull this off, you need at least 4-6 months savings,for a 2-bedroom house that's about:

Rent 7000
Utilities: 5000
Car payment/insurance/gas:3000
food 2000
A 6kw grow to live off: 7000

So, sorry man, but if you don't have a job, or about $25000, you aren't just gonna move here and become a big grower. Lots of them try, and they are now part of the abundant homeless community, living at soup kitchens and out in the cold. I've lived here my whole life and guys all over the world share your dream, but few ever actually pull it off.

G

guest1ab

So, sorry man, but if you don't have a job, or about $25000, you aren't just gonna move here and become a big grower. Lots of them try, and they are now part of the abundant homeless community, living at soup kitchens and out in the cold. I've lived here my whole life and guys all over the world share your dream, but few ever actually pull it off.

I've been homeless....it's not so bad!

desant

Veteran
Hmmmmmmmmmmmm

is Ca the best state to grow MJ legaly? or like someone say u should try Alaska?

I like many, fantasise becoming a grower and breeder too

desant

Veteran
what u mean define

i guess good people, good weather, not too many assholes, as few keen cops as possible

i basicly just want that to be my job, the cannabis industry, i chose humboldt or mendocino because of lax laws and beautiful nature, not owning all the equipment but just working with cannabis. i am as my freinds say "obsessed" with cannabis but its just me, i love the stuff, medicinal value and growin it to.

Mr. Tony

Veteran
If your trying to be a professional grower stay in the dirty south, you'll get way more for your product down there with a much lower cost of living. If you wanna grow for profit why go to where the area is just fucking flooded?

Are you seriously looking into this

Go to college, put the time in, get a good degree that you can actually get a job with, work for a few years, stack some bread, then look at blowin up a house.

Do you even have any capital? Just like, these guys are saying, you can't just start out growing with nothing.

Do you have growing expierence? it's sure suck to save up 25K rent some room in a gang riden neighborhood only to have your crop fail and then move back with money and dady broke as a joke.

K

kannubis

There are opportunities in Eureka/Arcata/Ferndale/Fortuna... if you are into getting on the dole. Alot of people line up for the food banks, EDD, General Services, the pokey... Just make sure your plan has some sense of reality to it. Try attending Humbolt State $$$$ or College of the Redwoods $$ & getting a pre-arranged job there maybe cutting/processing fish, working in a pulp mill, making ply/press board, working instead of eating at a soup kitchen - if there is any work left in those areas. circa '94

ok moving out of state is out the picture. Yes i have some cfl time under my belt, grew some little plants but they were dank as hell, but i read so much on here it goes hand n hand, and about the price, medicinal quality cannabis in ga is worth 6000 a pound cake, so your tottaly right on that one. Im just gonna get a job and save up for a set up here

Mr. Tony

Veteran
6k? well in cali your goign to be lucky to get 4k from a club. I bet it's way easier to find housing in GA and I bet cost of living in GA is wayyy cheaper.

Higher price for your final product + lower cost of living= more bread in your pocket.

Now it is riskier in GA but life is all about risk vs reward.

The question you really need to ask yourself is how bad you want that bread?

6k? well in cali your goign to be lucky to get 4k from a club. I bet it's way easier to find housing in GA and I bet cost of living in GA is wayyy cheaper.

Higher price for your final product + lower cost of living= more bread in your pocket.

Now it is riskier in GA but life is all about risk vs reward.

The question you really need to ask yourself is how bad you want that bread?

very true, cant believe i never thought about that

Securityfirst

Heres some advice. Move to Oakland with 30 grand and a small truck. Go to Oaksterdam and take courses. Socialize and make contacts in the elusive netherworld of growers. Become a growroom worker .Meet some ol lazy bitch with a house up North. Move into said house and grow and make mistakes like buying the wrong clones, not putting enough money into electrical etc......then 3 to 5 years later you will be broke but a big harvest will be around the corner....

SOTF420

Humble Human, Freedom Fighter, Cannabis Lover, Bre
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I moved here from NJ many years ago and have been happy as a pig in shit ever since, it's your overall intentions and outlook on the herb that will either get you everything or nothing from it but a good buzz. Cannabis is a very karma sensitive plant and it does not like being exploited for money if your intentions are not true and sincere about helping others and changing the world one dank ass plant at a time. :joint:

It does not support you, you support it.

Latest posts

Latest posts