What's new

want to move to emerald triangle

Gdood9

30k, someone with credit, at least 6kw grow room, no fuck ups with the first harvest(good luck), and then you gotta find someone that will buy your stash. Honestly, that part really isn't that hard, a lot of people here will make it out to be hard but it all just depends on where you go and what you're willing to work with on your prices. That's pretty much the only way you're gonna be able to come to cali and make it just growing. I would say stay in GA for now, get a job, setup a small 1-2kw grow that will supplement that income, stay small cause it won't take long to build up, then move CA when you're set on your feet a lil better cause I gotta say dude, even though the legality out here is still gray, it's still a way better feeling growing here cause you don't have to be quite as paranoid, but still careful.

I love it here bro, but it is very pricey and it can make you go broke real fast, but if you're a strong person you can do it, just don't a get grow partner....please. That's the worst idea. If you need someone for credit make sure you agree to only you doing the grow, or things will never go how you want because two people always grow differently, and they both will think their way is right and the best.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Living in the triangle is way of life so to speak. If you like siting on the porch with your friends family engaging in the growing community helping your neighbors the love of outdoors and nature and some cash to get settled then this is the place for you. I had grama that lived in weed and there was nothing to do but get out into the woods I loved it.

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
continued from rep..... m. there we go. Id say going to a different med state where not everyone and there ancestors are growing, one thats relatively new to med cannabis would be a much more profitable venture, plus the cost of living in cali is real hi. Good luck whatever you decide.

C

csedge

I know you asked a serious question and you wanted a serious answer, and the answer is that society unfortunately does not give two-shits about anyone down here and no one will be lenient. NOT with a job offer and NOT with a loan. You will have to come prepared or be prepared to get shitted on!

It's sad but its true......

Yea any where you go though from what I've experienced, you can not expect people to be lenient or even accepting untill they know you. N if they don't get to know you they it's whatever, but i seem to meet people everywere but maybe MI is nicer ppl than CA lol jus kidding

NorCalFor20

Smokes, lets go
Veteran
seems like people are trying to scare you away.... heres my take: i had 2 thousand dollars and a few friends with me when i came out to cali.... we rented a cheap house in redding for a few months until i cropped and could afford to move somewhere else...

im 21 years old lived in cali over a year now coming up on a year an half....

i started out in a weed-friendly area, thats a cheap place to live....

then i moved down to so cal lived in venice beach for a while, that was awesome....

been growing since i got here started with 1kw grow, now im doing 4k grows, next grow will be an 8k

i moved here when i was 20 met my neighbors they were all cool potheads they hook me up with some clones, and advice.... i harvested a few times had some great smoke.... even better times.... if u wanna come to cali and live ur dream don't let anyone scare you away from your dreams, but you have to be prepared. being from the south is a good thing, in my opinion way better than say someone from new york moving to CA to grow....

people can detect your authenticity and character, if you a good guy and keep your head down don't let ppl take advantage of you and stick by your friends you should be ok.

people in humboldt from what ive seen are friendly with the exception of tweekers , and they tend to stay outta my part of town. there aren't any "gangs" in the hills that will kill you for trying to grow and if there are they really are, aren't doing there job, because im here growing it up... a kid originally from south carolina... then again anyone comes over to my place starting shit i would handle it the same way as I did back home as I would in SC...

On another note: You can grow it up in GA keep a low profile. have lower power bills, lower eqipment costs, and get paied higher for your product..... if i had stayed in SC growing there i can get 6400/lb compared to the 3200/lb i get here.... (2x the price)

bad thing is, when ur growing n an illegal area u have to keep quiet, low profile, and risk of jail.... what i am doing here is 100% legal but back home in SC would get me 50+ years so yeah.... you have to decide that for yourself

RockyMountainHi

I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with th
Veteran
Im not like others around here, its very hard to hear words like yours because thats what everyone says but thats not what i want to do.

Cali is a nice place and all, but I rather suspect they would eat you and your big brother for breakfast.

Just what they need, another goofy teeny bopper with a pack of rolling papers, a couple seeds from his last bag of schwag and a dream.

Buck up.

if you can't make it on your home turff, you think comming into someone elses is goin to be like a party or summtin?

You prolly oughta lay off the "meds" and straighten the fuck up.
There is a reason nobody says it's a good idea.
You stand about as good of a chance of making it in Hollyweird -

I can just see you rolling into the barrio now.

What kind of car you drive?
maybe they will put out a welcome mat for you.

If you think it's too tuff on the home court, moving into the unknown could be just the ticket to let you know how good it was.

Then again - it's been the call for 150 years or so,,,,,,,,,,

Last edited:
I wouldn't move out there without enough down payment for a house, unless I was just starting off in adult life. Growing in a rental can be a real problem, people get busted that way and it's violating the lease (makes it hard to rent again). I've only seen people move back because they didn't have plans to purchase property. Your not going to do much very securely in a rental, especially in a well known cannabis community.

Get a house in the woods with some acreage for privacy and grow rights! I saw a very nice piece of property, a nice two story rustic house with very off of the ground deck. It was around 100K and that is not bad, 15 to 20k is a good down payment but 10k or ten percent is average if you like large payments. Then you need at least another thousand for the seeds and small equipment, easy to spend ten grand just on that and it isn't a greenhouse.

Tinker with growing in your own area, I'm only keeping Cali for a post bust gotta find somewhere new! Truth is you have a ripe market anywhere that it is illegal, like moving to NY if you know people!

If the Movie Home Grown has any truth to it, then NY Mafia runs a good bit of Humboldt!

S

swicker

Long dream of mine, i just graduated with a travel and tourism major from a very reputable university. I would love to set up a small hotel/resort for the tourism business that is about hit the triangle. If it really is the community of good giving people like i believe it is up there i would really love to be a part of the whole movement. Porch drinking to some grateful dead and some cute girls is my idea of a good time.

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
On another note: You can grow it up in GA keep a low profile. have lower power bills, lower eqipment costs, and get paied higher for your product..... if i had stayed in SC growing there i can get 6400/lb compared to the 3200/lb i get here.... (2x the price)

this.