What's new

want to move to emerald triangle

18 year old from georgia seeking advice on making my way to humbolt or mendocino countys. I feel theres nothing here for me and i would love to live somewhere with lax cannabis laws. I would also become 215 card holder. Basicly i want to move there to enjoy the place and grow for a living. I have a freind who lives in mendocino that lives here now. Also a bummer, i dont have much money or a job. Any advice?

K

kannubis

only grow to supplement a legitimate income - best way to stay out of trouble

seconded, go to college

You'll end up in the streets in 15 minutes.

The pricing for everything out here is ridiculous.

You have no cash to support yourself with housing prices, gas and work, and DEFINITELY not enough to start a business. If you did have the cash you would probably stay where you were, but lets say you had the money to grow out in Cali.

Then you came out to Cali, grew MONSTEROUS buds, but now have no one to sell them too. You put word around that you are the "Big Dog" to speak too, and you get jacked. Or you get Popped by the Feds.

You see where I'm going with this? Listen to every person above me who has posted a quote. Its wishful thinking from a young Kat, you'll never make it trying to do what your trying to do.

H

humboldtlocal

We don't want more people moving here just to take advantage of the laws and political climate.

Sam the Caveman

Good'n Greasy
Veteran
It only works for those that already have lots of money and can afford a house there.

I'd recommend getting a degree of some sort and starting your own business, then once its sucessful enough to handle the taxes of cali and the high prices of everything else, then move.

The market is flooded there, why would you choose to go there?

cobcoop

Puttin flame to fire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
And get it cut like Johnny Unitas, now there's a haircut you could set your watch to.
Nice!

abe_simpson.gif

funkervogt

donut engineer
Veteran
There are so many guys out there like you man... poor, without places to grow, and no money to buy equipment... also, a flooded market to deal with...

If you're having trouble in your area, move to another cheap area where no one knows you and grow. Also, get a job.

C

cellardweller

Im not like others around here, its very hard to hear words like yours because thats what everyone says but thats not what i want to do.
this is good. we are too, for the most part BUT.this doesn't get you anywhere. save the anarchy for when no-ones looking, but until then, get some more life experience under your belt to cover your ass when you can't grow.
good luck..ever consider a different state?
peacenpot,
~dubs

H

humboldtlocal

18 year old from georgia seeking advice on making my way to humbolt or mendocino countys. I feel theres nothing here for me and i would love to live somewhere with lax cannabis laws. I would also become 215 card holder. Basicly i want to move there to enjoy the place and grow for a living. I have a freind who lives in mendocino that lives here now. Also a bummer, i dont have much money or a job. Any advice?

It sounds like you only want to move here to take advantage of our community. This makes me very upset. Is there nothing you can contribute by moving here? We do not need more eighteen year old kids with no prospects coming here. You will not be received with open arms if this is the attitude you come here with. "Ask not what the Emerald Triangle can do for you. Ask what you can do for the Emerald Triangle"

sorcival

bro, let me talk at ya for a few here...I am originally from south georgia. Married a
cali girl from up around Rhonert Park, cutest thing ya ever did see.
Lived out there for a few years in an RV(1972 model), located it over outside of Eureka
and moved it to Guernsville at the Fairy Ring Rv park. Now that ya know the qualifications
and all here it is:
Apartments can be fucking ridiculous in price..like $900 and up($650 on Santa rosa Bvld)
and that is in the gang neighborhoods territories...bad freakin news.
Houses are outta sight in cost, like $3000 and better for a 2 bedroom.
They check yer credit for rental AND want first, last and security...costs like $9000
just to get into da house.
Pg&E deposit aint so bad, if ya got decent credit or know someone who is paid up,
cable is cool...small deposit or none if ya got credit.
Gas is half again higher.
Food is so friggin expensive as to be almost worth starvin.
Ya can get a day job for about $150 a day pickin grapes if the mexicans will let ya and
the season is right.
The cops are bona fide assholes mostly, even though there are a few cool ones.
Most of the people will not like your accent and will treat you like shit.
Be prepared to get ripped off several times till everyone gets to know you.
Do not fuck with H.A.'s
Do not fuck around on gang territory.
Cars have to smog tested BEFORE you buy them, not after...and then almost every year.
Older cars are pariahs on the street.
You will feel alone.
IF you grow and try to sell, you will die...shit loads of competition.
In cali, cash talks and bullshit walks...everything is ok if ya got enough cash.
When you do get to missing home, and you will, try to remember why you went there.
Jobs are almost non existent, unless you got REAL special training and a lotta luck.
There are 100 times more people in Cali than there are in Ga. and they all do not talk
like Cheech and Chong.
Customer service is No.1.
In N.Cali it is damp and foggy and cold at night and decent in the day.
The beaches in N. Cali are rocky beaches with seagulls that look like eagles in size.
The hills look like rolling velveteen
The bears and cougars of the hilly regions are def willing to eat you
the gangs that grow in the hills will fucking kill you for being alive
dank cost out the ass
gays are everwhere so if thats ok, then all the good.(my ol ladys sister is gay)

IF none of this made you stop and think, then go and learn...

just a heads up
peace and luck

ehonda187

Shit man. You mention Humbolt County anywhere in the US and everyone gets a fuckin hard on like there's a c99 in their pants...Does no one go there for the Red woods and bad ass camping anymore?
I don't know about any of you, but I love to smoke just as much as the next guy. When I go to Humbolt, I am too blown away with good ol' mother nature to give a fuck about setting up an op.
Where else can u blast down some bho and drive a truck through a big ass tree.

thanks for the advice guys, thats not the only interest i had of Humboldt, i hear its beautiful, my friend in mendocino just told me he thought i would do good there, i met him at a party and he was the only person i have talked to in ga that had the same knowledge of pot, i may not post alot but i read alot trying to gain knowledge and let me tell you my freinds, this site kicks ass. I Was going in the army but my dad recently died and it totally changed my mind Reading the comments above, it seems the best options for me is to start somthing where im at and get a job. Currently smoking Chem Dawg From humbolt co.

There are so many guys out there like you man... poor, without places to grow, and no money to buy equipment... also, a flooded market to deal with...

If you're having trouble in your area, move to another cheap area where no one knows you and grow. Also, get a job.

good advice