Vote YES or NO on Prop 19

Vote YES or NO on Prop 19

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
That's interesting... I have read More's Utopia... have you?

Give me a good reason that the bill doesn't even mention them.

BiG H3rB Tr3E

"No problem can be solved from the same level of c
Veteran
I tried to compile a list of pro's and con's....but being a Stoner, I am sure I have forgotten things--
Let's see if we can get a comprehensive list going-- :tiphat:

Pro--
1- Can have unlimited amount at home--
2- Can have an oz on you anywhere--
3- Can grow 25 sq ft garden without worry of arrest--
4- Can have multiple gardens, as long as they are on separate properties--
5- Cultivation for sale...and Sales, will be legal with permit--
6- Many new Cannabis related jobs will be created--
7- Specifically states it leaves Prop 215 untouched--
8- Specifically states it is Amendable--
9- Paves the way for possible Legalization in other States and Countries--
10- Legalizes ALL forms of hash (this includes solevant hash). In current law, any solevant hash carries same charge as manufacturing meth or ecstasy, regardless of medical marijuana laws.
11- Legalizes ALL paraphanelia associated with cannabis and its extraction (i.e. bongs, pipes, blunts, joints, hash tubes, etc..)

Con--
1- Don't want it to be Taxed--
2- Garden size isn't big enough--
3- Afraid it will override 215--
4- Leaves Property Owners with Rights--
5- Doesn't give give Cannabis the same status as tomatoes--
6- Can't smoke with ppl too young to drink Alcohol--
7- Doesn't bring Bob Marley back from the dead-- (Ok...that one hasn't really been brought up....yet--)

XXXXXX

kmk420kali

Freedom Fighter
Veteran
It's really a question of why is Prop 19 lacking some fundamental points of interest?

The moral high ground would be taking care of the smokers rotting their lives away in a cell.

I would refuse any half-baked bill that ignores those individuals that have paid a high price for the same thing that they are attempting to pass.

Sorry... I just think that's more basic than canopy limits... we've lost a LOT of focus here.

I will edit that one into the list-- That is actually about the only one that has some legitimacy--
It really is more complicated than simply releasing ppl from jail tho--
First, there are very few ppl in jail for simple smoking or possession under an oz...Concentrates are the major exception--
The Court cost for reviewing every single Case would be substantial...not to mention the manpower it would take would be prohibitive--
With Cali scrambling to reduce Prison population, per the Federal Order...I think that this will be a natural progression anyway--
Good point, but I don't see it as enough to vote No--:tiphat:

BiG H3rB Tr3E

Veteran
That's interesting... I have read More's Utopia... have you?

Give me a good reason that the bill doesn't even mention them.

It sucks for people imprisoned under pot laws, but wouldnt it be easier to lobby for them once this is passed?

If we told anti-mj voters in california we were releasing thousands of prisoners, how do you think that would go over?

News media would sensationalize these prisoners as child raping violent murderers with nothing more than a blood lust for the general population, and would give people a definate reason to go out and vote no.

In its current form, it is a very fair compromise. We dont get everything, and we dont give away everything. I think alot of common sense voters will read 19 and agree, hopefully voting in favor of 19.

kmk420kali

Freedom Fighter
Veteran
Pro--
1- Can have unlimited amount at home--
2- Can have an oz on you anywhere--
3- Can grow 25 sq ft garden without worry of arrest--
4- Can have multiple gardens, as long as they are on separate properties--
5- Cultivation for sale...and Sales, will be legal with permit--
6- Many new Cannabis related jobs will be created--
7- Specifically states it leaves Prop 215 untouched--
8- Specifically states it is Amendable--
9- Paves the way for possible Legalization in other States and Countries--
10- Legalizes ALL forms of hash (this includes solevant hash). In current law, any solevant hash carries same charge as manufacturing meth or ecstasy, regardless of medical marijuana laws.
11- Legalizes ALL paraphanelia associated with cannabis and its extraction (i.e. bongs, pipes, blunts, joints, hash tubes, etc..)

Con--
1- Don't want it to be Taxed--
2- Garden size isn't big enough--
3- Afraid it will override 215--
4- Leaves Property Owners with Rights--
5- Doesn't give give Cannabis the same status as tomatoes--
6- Can't smoke with ppl too young to drink Alcohol--
7- Doesn't bring Bob Marley back from the dead-- (Ok...that one hasn't really been brought up....yet--)
8- Doesn't release Prisoners for Cannabis related charges--

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
I don't think it's in the bill because people are afraid it wouldn't pass if they did.

That makes it hideous in my eyes.

:badday:

BiG H3rB Tr3E

Veteran
I don't think it's in the bill because people are afraid it wouldn't pass if they did.

That makes it hideous in my eyes.

:badday:

The problem with this alot of people in jail on MJ charges are there because of something in accessory to MJ (i.e. guns, probation/parole, controlled substance, in accessory to a felony, etc. etc.)

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
It certainly doesn't set a very good precedent.

Other states adopting like legislature will note the absence of any prisoners' freedom.

It's not a good template.

kmk420kali

Freedom Fighter
Veteran
I don't think you understand... they will still be going to jail under this bill.

Not for under an oz, concentrates included, not for anything in their home or grow, not for cultivation within the limits--
Besides...how can you ask for ppl to be released for things that are not covered under 19??
It is a start...you will not get a Prop any time soon, that will do all the things you want, and still have a chance at passing--
Besides, ppl are still going to jail, who are 215 compliant-- It will take time to change 70 years of Public Perception and Propaganda--

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
Under an oz is a joke... especially if you could have the aforementioned half ton of pot at your house.

If you don't see nonsense abounding, by all means jump right in!

Once it's passed... it's passed.

I'm curious... who will do the ammending that is admittedly necessary after the bill passes?

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha...see, i dont get angry at this anymore, i just lauuuugh it off...at least we dont have to listen to the 'jack would have voted no' bullshit anymore...are those guys even still around? or did they tuck tail and run?

Last edited:
S

stickey fingers

THANKS

THANKS

would someone please help me get this 500lb gorilla of my back :D vote yes on 19 and free the weed, so everybody and i could smoke and grow our herb in peace

SPECIAL THANKS TO EVERYONE SUPPORTING PROP 19
RIP DR JAY

BiG H3rB Tr3E

Veteran
If an oz of weed won't last you while your out of your house, bring an oz of hash. If an oz of hash don't get you high, maybe it's time for a break to lower your tolerance. I quit smoking for 2 months after a 1/2-1 oz a day and now I remember what it's like to actually get HIGH, and now less than a gram of kush floooooors me. I looove having no tolerance !!!!!

kmk420kali

Freedom Fighter
Veteran
I quit smoking for 2 months after a 1/2-1 oz a day and now I remember what it's like to actually get HIGH, and now less than a gram of kush floooooors me. I looove having no tolerance !!!!!

I have been saying I need a break...for about 10 years I have been saying that-- Too bad I have the Will-Power of a kitten with a string!! lol

dagnabit

Game Bred
Veteran
It's really a question of why is Prop 19 lacking some fundamental points of interest?

The moral high ground would be taking care of the smokers rotting their lives away in a cell.

I would refuse any half-baked bill that ignores those individuals that have paid a high price for the same thing that they are attempting to pass.

Sorry... I just think that's more basic than canopy limits... we've lost a LOT of focus here.

REPEAL 215!!!!

not one smoker was released as a result of 215!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts