What's new

Vote YES or NO on Prop 19

Vote YES or NO on Prop 19

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Herborizer

Veteran
Well everyone, today is the day. I want to thank all my brothers and sisters on icmag for a healthy debate. I learned a lot and really enjoyed it.

T

tonto

what time in cali will the results be announced? is there any website in particular to watch for news and updates ?

♥Mo♥

what time in cali will the results be announced? is there any website in particular to watch for news and updates ?
Polls close at 8PM here in cali., should know fairly soon there after.

Has there been any real valid reasons given to vote no on prop.19 other than a bunch of hearsay and fear mongering? I have yet to see one. Please vote yes on prop.19, you may just be saving the world.:thank you:

PLEASE EVERYONE GO AND VOTE TODAY!!! PLEASE CALIFORNIA DO THE RIGHT THING!!
We are counting on you. Please free weed and hemp for everyone. Your vote is very important to a lot of people. Your influence will, hopefully, one day allow me and many others to pursue a loved hobby without the fear of prosecution.
YES ON PROP 19!!!!!!!

ddrew

Veteran
Yes or No, please go out and vote today.
But if any of you no people want to stay home instead, thats OK.

dagnabit

Game Bred
Veteran
be careful ride clean to the polls!!
the piggies will be out there intimidating you!
i predict an uptick in "infractions" near certain polling places..

this is what the no voters align themselves with..

meanwhile chastising BHT for a free gram of meds...

and im hypocritical for calling someone who supports continued prohibition a prohibitionist...

DoobieDuck

ICMag Donor
Veteran
The Doobster has cast his vote!

picture.php

Batboy

i dont think you understand what i am saying/asking...

my question is about making changes (amendments) to the bill if it passes... and the role of the governor in regards to getting changes applied - like 'can the governor veto proposed amendments to prop 19?'

my question has nothing to do with the passing of the bill itself.
:thank you:

My apologies for misunderstanding, but the answer to your question is in the language of the bill itself. Under Section 5: Amendement --

"[The proposition] may be amended either by a subsequent measure submitted to a vote of the People at a statewide election; or by statute validly passed by the Legislature and signed by the Governor, but only to further the purposes of the Act.

Such permitted amendments include but are not limited to:
(a) Amendments to the limitations in section 11300, which limitations are minimum thresholds and the Legislature may adopt less restrictive limitations.
(b) Statutes and authorize regulations to further the purposes of the Act to establish a statewide regulatory system for a commercial cannabis industry that address some or all of the items referenced in Sections 11301 and 11302.
(c) Laws to authorize the production of hemp or non-active cannabis for horticultural and industrial purposes."

Basically, a new proposal can be voted on by the people to amend, repeal, or do anything else to Prop 19. The other way is for the representative process to kick in (legislature pass the bill and governor must sign), but because this is a people's proposition, the legislature can only act in furtherance of the purpose of the bill (i.e. a prohibitionist legislature and governor cannot change the bill to lower minimum thresholds or repeal rights entirely).

So essentially, yes, the governor can veto proposed amendments and screw things up, but the good thing about a proposal such as this is the freedom it gives to local governments to expand the rights thereunder without any need to go to the state legislature/governor. Also, if it's an amendment that the people truly want, get the support and the signatures, take it out of the hands of the legislature and have the people vote. It's a great system and I wish that more states adopted it.

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
poll results are interesting to say the least

at least its in the forefront of everyones minds

lets just hope for the best legalization AND empowerment to the people who have carried the scene to this point, not the leagues of corporations with big money and bad ethics to come fuck it all up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts