What's new

Vegan Organics with Professor Matt Rize

Status
Not open for further replies.

spurr

Veteran
Matt I am sorry you can not distinguish between flaming/insults and honest, intellectual challenges/debate to the many un-referenced and incorrect claims you made.

Matt Rize

Rize Veganics and Soil Biology

Rize Veganics and Soil Biology

really curious about the composition of soil biology in regards to the impact of vegan derived sources on the soil bacteria and mycorrhiza composition

not doubting the over all result just curious of the implications on soil biology

Hey, just getting to read the thread. I would like to start a whole conversation on inoculant products, as this is a large part of my system. I might get hated on some more for talking about store bought products... but more fuel for the fire.

Inoculants I've been working with:
Root Web from bountea
HN: myco madness
HN: white widow
great white
plant success (generic myco product)
teas, of course, but that is another conversation...

I've found that since switching to vegan organics, my root balls are more dense with roots than ever before. Not exactly peer reviewed evidence ;)

post edit: and Mayan microzyme

Matt Rize

Oh man, stoners should be more chill than this

Oh man, stoners should be more chill than this

Biofilm!?! Do you even know what biofilm is? It's not a product. IIRC, biofilm was first discovered when scientists wondered how bacteria can hold onto rocks in fast moving water in a stream. Biofilm is created by microbe colonies...

By biofilm I mean a biological film. Really getting things twisted.

Matt Rize

Good research

Good research

Speaking of research, any comment on the warning from OMRI, lack of information from Biocanna, etc.?

I won't begrudge your professorship because I have the title of God.

Always need more info on purchased products... thanks

Matt Rize

You may have a good source...

You may have a good source...

i am lucky to have fair trade and eco-friendly guano available to me - both fresh and ancient.
im glad you take the environment into consideration...
i agree that arguing too much over the definition of 'vegan' and 'professor' is a little pointless

you are lucky, i can't tell the rest of the world to use it because they may not be so lucky. thanks, glad to know someone has "that good shit".

Matt Rize

Steep Hill Labs is a so-called cannabis testing lab, i.e. it performs some lab analysis on finished cannabis and cannabis-based products.

They have absolutely nothing to do...

Yeah, all I said was they were analyzing indoor Cannabis, which they are, along with edibles and concentrates ect. And you jump on some BS right away. Smoke some indica homie. YOU NEED TO RELAX

I guess testing Cannabis in a lab doesn't make you a "Cannabis testing lab" according to you... lol

And it is not downtown at all, it is right across the bridge from Harborside.

Post edit: 66 cannabinoids and counting. science is not set in stone. time will tell, my guess... hundreds.

Matt Rize

If you read more carefully...

If you read more carefully...

Please respond to my question about how you sourced standards for your extensive use of GC at your 'university'.

you will read that they suspended me for running all night GC/MS trials... way to empty tanks real quick lol

I never claimed to be quantifying cannabinoids. You simply assumed that and then threw a tantrum when I did not respond instantly. You need to chill. That wasn't even an approved project, but the TAs were really into it so we got to find the peaks we were looking for. That was many many moons ago.

My real project was on a toxic millipede secretion. The secret project was multiple bubble hash infusions running in the GC/MS using multiple solvents.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hi again matt, im still not liking the way you are quoting me yet heavily editing what you are quoting. the 'quote' from me you posted above (post 186) actually read like this - you edited all the bits that you didnt want to respond to out, and misrepresented what i said in the process
thanks for the response matt, i am lucky to have fair trade and eco-friendly guano available to me - both fresh and ancient.
im glad you take the environment into consideration - though i presume the bio canna soil is imported from holland?

i agree that arguing too much over the definition of 'vegan' and 'professor' is a little pointless, but you must see it from the point of view of real vegans and real professors. im not a vegan, but have been a vegetarian for nearly 25 years and my choice not to use dead animal based ferts is largely informed by that

and im sure you can understand that for a real doctor or professor who has spent many years earning the title, that they aren't going to be very impressed with someone who has just decided to call themselves that to illustrate their self proclaimed expertise in a certain field.

cheers

VG

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Matt Rize has said the following;

That brings us to my personal favorite nute company in the world, BioCanna. Who else has the balls to directly label the product this way? I've never tested their chemy lines but have read great reviews. The BioCanna line is the backbone of veganics, and on a level all its own in the nute world. Don't you just love the smell of Vega and Flores? Yum, like molasses and soy sauce. If you are on a budget the BioBoost can be foliar fed, but both is better . One thing to note is that advanced gardeners will have to feed heavy and possibly supplement N in veg and P/K in flower for peak results. The BioCanna website has lots of great info about the special process of plant fermentation and extraction used to make this unique line of nutes. They are sourcing from all over the world to make the best vegan organic plant-extract nutes.

He has also, as I recall, said that it is OMRI certified. On the OMRI website is a posted restriction on using these BioCanna products due to synthetic ingredients. These products are only to be used following a specific soil or tissue test showing (micro)nutrient deficiencies. Check for yourself. http://www.omri.org/simple-opl-search/results/Canna

I gave Matt Rize full opportunity to address my questions and concerns about this product. (Perhaps there is an innocent explanation) When he did not and I reminded him, he asked which post number it was (as if he did not know). CT Guy gave him this information and I believe Capt reposted my questions but Matt Rize still did not accept the opportunity to respond.

I can only recommend that these products should NOT be used in an organic program due to the inference by OMRI of synthetic compound ingredients.

Because these products are "the backbone of veganics" I suppose this particular veganics program has no backbone.

DARC MIND

Veteran
just felt the need to qoute ct guy
In my opinion, it's also important to support companies that are doing things to help growers and not just make a fast buck based on marketing gimmicks. I would never buy a Humboldt or Advanced Nutrient product for this reason alone. What direction do we want the industry to go? Personally, I'd rather see more locally-derived and supported products, by companies that spend their time and money developing good products, rather than shiny labels or pictures with girls in bikinis (and I love girls in bikinis!).
these inoculants matt has worked with all seem to come directly from the shinny label pushrs.
lookd in my local hydroshark mag and found 35$ for a 4oz bottle of greatwhite & 45$ for for 8oz of humboldts mycro blast.
id stick w/ my 6$ bagy of souble powder mycrogrow (whos founder and president is paul stamets) anyday, witch will inoculant me 125–250 plants with beneficials.

NUG-JUG

Matt Rize- interesting read on trimming, i'm a new grower who was really excited to trim the first time...8 hours later, eyes itching since i touched em with resin fingers, hungry, i thought damn this is manual labor no wonder people pay to have it done.

Earlier you posted about people being able to buy products if they live on a top floor apartment, and work all day, have kids, etc.. I think that if a busy person you describe can look into bokashi, and vermi-composting, they'll realize it actually saves time and money, plus takes up minimal space. It's a moot point to claim something 'vegan', if the transport, advertising, and use causes environmental destruction. It's called green-washing and it's everywhere these days.

spurr- you're microbeman's brother from another mother. thanks for the great posts..not many dimwits in this thread.

pointing out when someone is wrong is not hating, do scientists say to each other when a discovery is made "dam stop hatin on my experiments yo"plus the name BIOCANNA is f-in corny... :smoker:

Matt Rize

Thanks, Scientist actually do "call each other haters"

Thanks, Scientist actually do "call each other haters"

Matt Rize- interesting read on trimming, i'm a new grower who was really excited to trim the first time...8 hours later, eyes itching since i touched em with resin fingers, hungry, i thought damn this is manual labor no wonder people pay to have it done.

pointing out when someone is wrong is not hating, do scientists say to each other when a discovery is made "dam stop hatin on my experiments yo"plus the name BIOCANNA is f-in corny... :smoker:

In fact, the scientific community is often divided over ideas, facts, and truth. And some of the most heated (name calling) arguments can be found in the scientific field. Nerds can hate too.

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
spurr- you're microbeman's brother from another mother. thanks for the great posts..not many dimwits in this thread.

Yes, Spurr is my brother. How did you guess?

Matt Rize

D'oh, missed that. You get the point though, and a little searching will bring you to the right url. Thanks for commenting on the links. These are not peer reviewed papers, but it is nice to hear why others have chosen to drop the poop, and go all plant.

Clackamas Coot

Veteran
In fact, the scientific community is often divided over ideas, facts, and truth. And some of the most heated (name calling) arguments can be found in the scientific field. Nerds can hate too.
It would appear that the company that you're shilling for missed both the 'scientific community' as well as the 'scientific field' by about 5 exits off the Interstate.

Probably more.........

CC

Matt Rize

And again, if only Canna paid me...

And again, if only Canna paid me...

It would appear that the company that you're shilling for missed both the 'scientific community' as well as the 'scientific field' by about 5 exits off the Interstate.

Probably more.........

CC

I would have some more money, or at least free nutes. But they don't. Paranoid delusions may be a result of cannabinoid saturation and lack of REM... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts