What's new

Vegan Organics with Professor Matt Rize

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt Rize

Not using to foliar, just pointing out the ignorance

Not using to foliar, just pointing out the ignorance

those microbes i beleive are nitrogen fixers, mostly used on legumes and perfered method of application (i think) is to the soil or coat seeds.
are the directions on these bottled products advising to foliar?

Yes, this specific product is a supposed N fixer, and not designed for foliar. I just wanted to point out the ignorance regarding the products I am testing/using. This is not a myco product, as assumed earlier.

MrFista

Veteran
LOL - we is ign'int. 'College' (choke) was a waste of time for you you just don't learn a thing because you know everything already.

Clackamas Coot

Veteran
I wonder if the Oaksterdam University football team will go to state this year! What with UC Berkeley and UC Davis they just might have a chance - and let's not forget UC Riverside and Cal-State Fullerton.

Boola! Boola! Block that kick! Block that kick!

CC

Clackamas Coot

Veteran
Speaking of college sports, CSUF (Cal State University at Fullerton) has a competitive bowling team. The mighty Titans!

Perhaps Oaksterdam University could field their own alternative intercollegiate crew with a Hacky Sack team.

What a photo opportunity, eh?

CC

NUG-JUG

Oaksterdam U is more like the University of Phoenix, or Westwood College, that's why I want to open Broadsterdam University here which will expand the corporate brand! Get those students in here! Enroll now and get a free laptop, and bong, yours upon graduation!

simos

You guys know how Oaksterdam U was started, right? As decidedly clever marketing antics. When Lee woke up the morning after the ads ran and had a inbox full of interested emails, he decided to give it a shot on a whim. More power to him for following through and enlightening thousands people about the ways of growing. I don't think they consider themselves as the end all be all of Cannabis knowledge (they sure shouldn't), just well-organized providers of a service in demand. In the coming expanded MJ economy, perhaps an OU credential will help some people get entry-level positions in the industry, and I don't think that hurts anything.

Frankly, I think all this OU bashing makes us look like we're insecure about what level of expertise they might or might not be imparting on their "graduates." The reviews I've read from trusted sources have been far from gushing, but OU is certainly worlds better than dumbass Bret Bogue's GGECO online "University." Maybe not as good as 707 Cannabis College, but I don't really know anything about them.

I do take issue with the whole requisite classes routine - arguably good for absolute beginners, but doesn't encourage anyone who actually knows anything about growing to partake in the learning environment. We couldn't even audit an advanced seminar if we wanted to without paying to sit through some seriously pedestrian lectures.

I know a lot of people feel threatened by his business practices, or have qualms with the decidedly mid-grade bud Blue Sky distributes, but I have a great deal of respect for the fact that Lee uses the proceeds of his businesses to encourage progress. So many people in the medical scene pay lip service to compassion while simultaneously squeezing patients for every selfish penny they can. Richard makes no pretense about his interests/motivations, and for that alone he gets my respect.

Let's get back to discussing/debunking "Kushman Veganics"...

Clackamas Coot

Veteran
simos

A basic level of information would be helpful. Quite frankly the messenger that was sent by Canna and whomever has, by his own words, stated that he really doesn't know what these products contain other than they're supposedly 'vegan' - and even then Professor Rize continues to move the goalposts on that definition making it impossible to figure out what this 'program' actually entails.

Add to that the general misinformation from the Professor on any number of subjects like 'beneficial bacteria' and especially mycorrhizal fungi - it leaves one speechless.

It would probably be an interesting exercise to discuss any number of vegan paths to growing plants - but this isn't one of those. Quite frankly I get more out of reading any of the posts by JayKush than the level of (mis)information on this thread.

This thread was/is pretty much a vanity thread for reasons that aren't quite apparent other than for Professor Rize to repeat, quite often, that he's linked to Kyl Kushman - whoever that is.

My question is this: "Professor Rize - do you also know Danny Danko?"

Heh....................

CC

Microbeman

The Logical Gardener
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I would hardly agree that having a diploma from OU is a good qualification for entry level contract growers 'if we can base anything going down there' on what has been rolling out of Mr Rize. I believe that he is a good-hearted person and means to do good (although he seems overly wrapped up in how great he thinks he is and how much money he makes) but I believe his knowledge of botany/horticulture, at least from an organic/natural perspective is poor. Regardless whether he knows a little more than seems apparent, I do not see this as a good position from which to teach. I hope the world does not need more growers who use, then dump their growing media, to buy more for the next crop and keep the endless line of 'who-knows-what-for-sure' plastic bottles of nutrients coming off the assembly line. No wonder the prices are
$4k a pound (BTW, I sold for just under $1800 CAD to patients).

No insecurity here, just worry for the world I live in.

If Ou wants to be a cutting edge cannabis college, how about some cutting edge and more sustainable growing techniques.

Matt Rize

Thanks for calling out the children

Thanks for calling out the children

You guys know how Oaksterdam U was started, right? As decidedly clever marketing antics. When Lee woke up the morning after the ads ran and had a inbox full of interested emails, he decided to give it a shot on a whim. More power to him for following through and enlightening thousands people about the ways of growing. I don't think they consider themselves as the end all be all of Cannabis knowledge (they sure shouldn't), just well-organized providers of a service in demand. In the coming expanded MJ economy, perhaps an OU credential will help some people get entry-level positions in the industry, and I don't think that hurts anything.

Frankly, I think all this OU bashing makes us look like we're insecure about what level of expertise they might or might not be imparting on their "graduates." The reviews I've read from trusted sources have been far from gushing, but OU is certainly worlds better than dumbass Bret Bogue's GGECO online "University." Maybe not as good as 707 Cannabis College, but I don't really know anything about them.

I do take issue with the whole requisite classes routine - arguably good for absolute beginners, but doesn't encourage anyone who actually knows anything about growing to partake in the learning environment. We couldn't even audit an advanced seminar if we wanted to without paying to sit through some seriously pedestrian lectures.

I know a lot of people feel threatened by his business practices, or have qualms with the decidedly mid-grade bud Blue Sky distributes, but I have a great deal of respect for the fact that Lee uses the proceeds of his businesses to encourage progress. So many people in the medical scene pay lip service to compassion while simultaneously squeezing patients for every selfish penny they can. Richard makes no pretense about his interests/motivations, and for that alone he gets my respect.

Yes, are the children done being jealous? I am not the founder of OU or even a real employee, and I do not represent lee, or kushman. I am a guest lecturer. Regardless of your opinion on the man and the institution, you are simply coming off jealous. He puts most of the money back into Cannabis activism... And we help thousands of students from the world over.

This "program" that you reference, what I am calling "vegan organics with prof rize" is simply the advanced indoor soil-less system that I am currently using. And this changes slightly every round. I have barely even mentioned how I grow, and 'we' have already filled 300+ posts, mostly bs bickering, but also some great posts. Is this the crap I come home to from a day of work? You're grounded...

Clackamas Coot

Veteran
Yes, are the children done being jealous?
Matt Rize

What you don't know about basic botany would fill volumes - to say the least.

You're pretty good at doing the 'stoner walk and talk' but so far all you've done is try and confuse terms, processes and general science.

For what reasons I can't quite figure out - but if you're having fun preaching to the Cali crowd then good on you!

Any chance you'd want to submit your 'analysis' to a peer-reviewed web site for analysis and comment?

Yeah - I didn't think so either.

Jealous? Hardly. I don't know didly-squat but I can assure you that my knowledge base left you behind any number of years back.

Hint - get over yourself and determine the meanings of the specific terms you have used here - start with 'beneficial bacteria' for example. Try checking out terms like 'antagonistic bacteria' for example.

HTH

CC

Zendo

I had to stop at page 13 to avoid puking all over my laptop, but..

I think we can all agree on one thing..

No respectable person should ever use the word 'veganics'

Veganics?? REALLY?

picture.php

it's people like the OP that drive the rest of us vegan/vegetarian growers underground, and why we are labeled as arrogant,narcissistic, douchebags..

Veganics...:jerkit:

Matt Rize

more semantics... oh joy

more semantics... oh joy

Veganics?? REALLY?

A rose by any other name...

it's people like the OP that drive the rest of us vegan/vegetarian growers underground, and why we are labeled as arrogant,narcissistic, douchebags..

actually I think it is the attitude presented by some of y'all that forms this label. some have, at times, been coming across as super douchebags who only want to jump on false assumptions and show off their collegiate vocab... get over it.

some of you look for semantic errors, and use this as "proof" of misinformation. get over yourselves and grow up. good for you, you went to college, so did i, and not everyone reading is interested in grandiloquent shit talking or peer-reviewed literature. In fact, most are totally over their heads regarding spurr's post, but I found them very informative and straight forward.

i write this for all levels of education and purposely simplify many ideas. on rollitup they called me out for using school words. you guys call me out for simplifying (ie using strain instead of variety). this just shows how belligerently contrary the posters are. they would rather just make assumptions an call me out for these false assumptions that they have imagined in their delusional fantasies. AND all they can do is argue semantics and criticize OU/kushman/lee because, in essence, WE ALREADY GROW THE SAME...

to say that my use of inoculant products on the phyllosphere represents "misinformation" is a joke at best.

to begin: THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT YOU ALL DO ALREADY, the difference is in the starter source. My teas may have a different source than your tea, BUT THE FACT IS THAT THEY BOTH CONTAIN MIXED MICROBES. To say that this is different from what you do is the misinformation, if anything.

So you are arguing that: when I use teas it is bad, but when you use teas it is good. LOL at you for being such an ignorant hater.

Before you pass judgement on me or the products I use, do the research. You will only end up looking like an ignorant hater in the end otherwise. AND TO ANYONE READING: KEEP GETTING YOUR LEAVES WET WITH TEA.

Matt Rize

Bong team, duh

Bong team, duh

Perhaps Oaksterdam University could field their own alternative intercollegiate crew with a Hacky Sack team.

I mean obviously you are out of touch with the youths. Hackey-sack... do you still have a tape player too?

And most of the instructors are old farts who think they know everything... kinda like yourself coot. I, being a young buck with the rest of my life and limitless opportunities, am the exception.

Clackamas Coot

Veteran
I mean obviously you are out of touch with the youths. Hackey-sack... do you still have a tape player too?

And most of the instructors are old farts who think they know everything... kinda like yourself coot. I, being a young buck with the rest of my life and limitless opportunities, am the exception.
That's the best you can come up with? Seriously?

Best to stick with your obligatory sock-puppets that you had stop by to kiss your colon opening - or worse.

Stick to talking with Stoner Joe and his idiot partner, Cash Crop Stupid - seems like a good career down there in 'Cali'

Take care - talk and play with your testicular appendage - in fact film it for posterity or for your own amusement. It seems that you're not easily amused on many levels.

Take care, Cupcake. Spray some more 'beneficial bacteria' on your plants, genitals, etc. - keep us posted on your efforts, okay?

Idiot.

CC

Status
Not open for further replies.