What's new

Under the great UK Sun 2011!

harold

i think its someone looking for a place for there plants? ive had enough of that area wont go back there again. the more time i spent around that place the more i realized that its frequented more than i initially thought. Saw a couple of weirdo's on different occasions just jump out the bushes? what the hell were they doing in there lol, you never know whos watching?

the plot had a few problems, not good morning sun, heavy clay soil and rippers lol...

GReen dreAM

Veteran
(Maroc x Orange Bud) x [(Early Dog x (Maroc x Orange Bud)

start flowering in 1st week of september, mostly indica phenotype with rock hard buds and very strong sweet smell during flowering

Attachments

• (Maroc x Orange Bud) x [(Early Dog x (Maroc x Orange Bud).jpg
    (Maroc x Orange Bud) x [(Early Dog x (Maroc x Orange Bud).jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 16
  • (Maroc x Orange Bud) x [(Early Dog x (Maroc x Orange Bud)1 st pheno.jpg
    (Maroc x Orange Bud) x [(Early Dog x (Maroc x Orange Bud)1 st pheno.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 10
  • (Maroc x Orange Bud) x [(Early Dog x (Maroc x Orange Bud) -1st pheno.jpg
    (Maroc x Orange Bud) x [(Early Dog x (Maroc x Orange Bud) -1st pheno.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 12
  • (Maroc x Orange Bud) x [(Early Dog x (Maroc x Orange Bud) -2nd pheno.jpg
    (Maroc x Orange Bud) x [(Early Dog x (Maroc x Orange Bud) -2nd pheno.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 17
  • leaf.jpg
    leaf.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 9
H

Habel

OK site 1 update.

this area has been so dry the plants struggled this season. Next year i will be way more prepared. I have the 4 mystery plants, nad the 2 papaya left. all very small, but all adds up. The papaya pic, is extremely frosty, and shows what potential it has if grown in the right conditions

sk x hz x ? 4 plants~

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

papaya 1

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

papaya 2

picture.php

H

Habel

Ok site 2. I was hoping these would be done soon but im not sure? need some advice.

The 3 hashplant2s, are all different phenotypes!

NO1 looks about 50/50 indica ,sativa. smell is fruity. the tallest of the plants reaching a good 7 foot, some slight purpling from the tempeture drop. extreme frosting! Any ideas how long left of this one?

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

NO 2, has the fattest looking buds, infact this plant is leaning over from being top heavy! It is more indica pheono, dark green leaves, and is turning dark purple. very frost again, smell is skunky! i think this will be finished 1st, any ideas how long i should leave this one?

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Some macros i took of NO2, sorry for poor quality was holding phone in one hand, loupe in other, and trying to steady blowing branch to!

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

NO 3, more sativa pheono. Very fluffy buds. will take a while longer till ready. smells of berries, musky. Frosty again.

picture.php

All 3 togetha, front idica, back mixed, right, sativa.

picture.php

Here is the mystery strain, almost full sativa, and the smell.. amazing! A soon as i smelt it i recognised the smell. and then it clicked... Chewits! its smells of the sweet chewits, i think orange or fruit salad flavour, tho i cant remember which exactly, when ive got it curing in a jar i will buy some chewits to compare to!

picture.php

MJBadger

Veteran
Any ideas how long left of this one?

Only you can tell that one , you have access to the plant & a loupe . DO NOT allow the plant to turn to mush coz it`s not all amber .
You will get a buzz from any triches , clear/cloudy will just be a bit more racy than any with amber in them .
I have cut plants b4 that were well on their way but were not finished because the weather was closing in badly .
If we have a few days of crap rain due once the plants are either moulding or near mould you will lose them .
Once mould has a foothold they will deteriorate when hung .

Fingaz2

Habel, if you want my advice, throw that loupe away. Yes its fun to have a peep, & may be a handy tool for indoor growers, but in our climate the best tool you can have is a decent weather forecaster. Pressure charts are better than bimbos with graphics. Dont be too concerned with the immediate weather, its the next day & the day after that is important.Wind is our friend, even after a heavy rain, wind & a bit of sun will help. Worst case scenario is warm foggy still nights & here is the contradiction, plants can grow/flower well in these conditions, but mould can too, usually faster than the plant. Long Cold wet spell of 2/4 days, well its kind of game up as no flower ie roses ornamentals can bloom successfully in these conditions far less a semitropical one like canna. Given time you develop a sixth sense for the onset of mould, buds have a grey palour instead of light gold colour about them, you know its going to happen. Check out the woods meadows nearby if there is a flush of mushrooms get ready to pull. Mould is active before you can see grey sooty buds. The plants themselves are at a point now when their resistance is weak, but it is so hard sometimes to hold your nerve & wait for the swell. I like to pull plants after a few days sun, so I have some in the bag, in mint condition, regardless of trich colour, & have never been disappointed. Once you have a few like these you can then afford to take chances with the others. Be prepared to chop at a few hours notice, I have run to chop plants in the dark after the six o clock weather. Dont harvest wet plants or in the rain if you can help. Mould is happy to grow on plants after the chop, & when you see it its too late. This is where your loupe comes in really usefull, it starts as a grey white cobwebby thing right in the middle of the bud & is very difficult to see., but you will see a change of colour of the bud stem from gold to grey or white. The resin is the first part to get attacked. When to chop is by far the hardest part of growing outside, & that is why I wont tell anyone when. The choice is yours, we could have a heatwave or a foot of snow. You have to weigh up what you are likely to gain by leaving a few extra days growing. Good luck man, hope that some of this makes sense, sorry for the long post.
Ps High pressure likely in the south, northwest changeable but windier.

H

Habel

thanks alot guys, yer ive only grown once outdoors before and that was a early harvest, so im a little worried about mold, which is something ive never seen before! so the advice is appriciated. The thing is with the site where the Hashplants are, its surrounded by small trees, so with the winter sun as low as it is, its prob not getting much, if any direct sunlight now, and the trees shield most of the wind. also there is water nearby, so when the fog starts.... prob sounds like a bad site now, but its stealthy. I will keep an eye on the weather. Last few nights have turned really, cold, droped down to 5. What affect does frost have on the plants? as its predicted tonite i think?

MJBadger

Veteran
What affect does frost have on the plants? as its predicted tonite i think?

Again it depends on a lot of things , plants ability to take a bit of cold can be quite suprising . Over the years i have seen photos of plants with heavy frost or snow & seem none the worse for wear . As you have said there is very little wind around your plot , you really need this to help dry plants off in the morning .
Good advise from Fingas , better to cut when dry even if it means a night trip than to hang damp plants , or think about cutting off quite a few branches & leaving the odd cola behind . See if thinning the plant out helps .
DO NOT WAIT TOO LONG , better to have SOME buzz than a mouldy bud .

H

Habel

ok checked up on the site yesterday, and good job i did! As as i got they i could see the 2 nearly done plants toppled over! they had got a bit to top heavy and i guess i expected to much of them to hold there own weight! so i fort i would cut the top buds weighing them down, so i could straigting the plants back up and leave the lower ones to mature a bit longer. Next year i will be prepared for this and tie with bamboo!

Also noticed 2 small mould spots on the bigger buds so caught it just in time!

Trimming the hashplants was extremely sticky! and i have a nice ball of sticky black from my sissors and fingers! heres some pics of what i got so far.

Mixed fallen

picture.php

Indica dom fallen

picture.php

Hrvest from indica

picture.php

Close ups

picture.php

picture.php

Harvest from mixed

picture.php

delic

The final cut from my garden bush

The final cut from my garden bush

I havested half of this bush (bagseed) last week. Gave it a last week in the sun before locking it in the darkness of the the small room for 48 hours. Am liking the difference

picture.php

Its my second garden grow, what do think?

H

Habel

Thanks for the kind words guys! i think im gona have to do emergency check up 2morra with this heavy rain the plants mite of toppled again! il take some wire with be jsut to be safe. Hope the rain doesnt continue through the week or itll be game over!

Delic:the buds look nice and dense with some nice colours! Good result for bagseed!

dill786

i harvested all my grow and its drying and i am LOVING smoking it,, its so strong i cant believe how good it is, i am really pleased with it and have 7 jars full of 5 diff strains :)

loving it man

cant smoke to much i get high way too fast

thanks esben bro

pics on stuff later on...

THC123

Veteran
@ habel

really nice looking hashplants especially for in the british climate

how was she mold wise?

Next year i'll grow or bubba kush x b3 or hashplant 2 from HybridsfromHell

Do any amnesia smells come through?

H

Habel

so far no mold, just checked again today, we have had 3 days of hard rain, when i got there the plants were soaked, one had fallen over (sativa one) buds on floor they were that wet, picked up... no mold! amazing resistance! cut some more of the bigger buds down, and will risk the rest a bit longer! have tied the sativa one up now it needs another week really. hopefully we get some windy dry weather to dry em off this weekend.

Edit~ just found one slimy mold spot on one of the tighter nugs of the indica pheono I cut today, but none on the mixed pheono.