What's new

U.K cheese brightside cut ?

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
whats the stem rub smelll like for you of them?
its dank earthy dirty foul repugnent.... after 4 weeks veg you get a good idea of which is which cause sheff is more fruity berry chemical earthy dirty filthy dank...

trust... dank is the only word to describe them... i swear the word dank is only truly related to these skunk pheno types ... haze is haze its nice.. kush is sedative... indica is day wrecker... skunk is the dank 1 its the explosiveness of terps you get..

bimblebrains_1

Right on bro, tomorrow will be day 35.
I’m getting 3 kinda smells

If I put my nose to the plant is a creamy, milky smell

If I rub a little resin it’s pure chemical/astringent almost like a chem variety except whet the chem is isopropyl the cheese is astringent.

If I shake the plant violently she gives off that dark, evil, vegetal smell with a creamy, milky backend.

I will say this tho, where the chems and diesel are loud I would describe the aroma as intense and shocking as opposed to the cheese smell which is not as shocking but way thicker kinda like how the gg4 smell is.

Where sours and Chems are loud and you can open a window to air it out or whatever, stuff like the cheese and gg4 leave a “blanket” of funk that just doesn’t go away easily. If you get it on you, you gotta shower.

It just a different kind of loud that’s “thicker”.

I run tents in a sealed lung room and never had issues with containing the smell until now.

Deffo cuts through filters.
Thanks for that in depth analysis bro,i'm with you on the creamy milk bit,almost off milk i think and that chemical astringent part you are referring to reminds me of this anti-septic cleaning product called detol that we get in the uk,as you say there is also this evil kind of undertone to the general aroma when you brush up against the plant itself...different to when you smell the resin up close..

so she's starting to ramp up the stink then and only half way thru haha...my friend that has held the cut all these years has always ducted out into a room and then rescrubed the air a second time before leaving the building and you can still smell it last few weeks if you stand in his garden,he lives in the middle of nowhere so not really a prob but yer this one is a serious security risk for sure

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
Thanks for that in depth analysis bro,i'm with you on the creamy milk bit,almost off milk i think and that chemical astringent part you are referring to reminds me of this anti-septic cleaning product called detol that we get in the uk,as you say there is also this evil kind of undertone to the general aroma when you brush up against the plant itself...different to when you smell the resin up close..

so she's starting to ramp up the stink then and only half way thru haha...my friend that has held the cut all these years has always ducted out into a room and then rescrubed the air a second time before leaving the building and you can still smell it last few weeks if you stand in his garden,he lives in the middle of nowhere so not really a prob but yer this one is a serious security risk for sure

ive got exodus in veg unmolosted and im stood next to her now ...

full

the aroma is so difficult to describe... its 100% skunky earthy but she has so many layers and they

keep transcending from 1 into the next... the 1st bit i cant even describe its deffo a more floral but the next bit smells like a more lavender chemical ... i see why you said dettol but its not dettol as in her pitch is higher⁴.. it then transitions into the earthy dirty bbq smoke used shotgun shell dank back drop.. the other day she smelt straight up of licolnshire sausage meat but mixed with that earthy dank dirty rotten skunk funk but the end product is consistently the same .....this is just in veg her terps only get louder and more complex the further along you take her ...

no milky terps on the exo however i have noticed that with sheff blues in flower...

Thegreengrower64

BJ is the rarest, most hoarded and hardest to get unknown to most.

Blues is a commercial common staple up north..

full

full

So i probably just got the BJ x Blues, this would explain...
Hey there.
I remember getting some jack sent down to me at my workplace in Somerset, back in 1997, Went to collect the post from main office, and I could smell it before I entered the building. No one ever said anything. 😁...it was gorgeous.
Dense, triched out and enormous bag appeal.

bimblebrains_1

ive got exodus in veg unmolosted and im stood next to her now ...

full

the aroma is so difficult to describe... its 100% skunky earthy but she has so many layers and they

keep transcending from 1 into the next... the 1st bit i cant even describe its deffo a more floral but the next bit smells like a more lavender chemical ... i see why you said dettol but its not dettol as in her pitch is higher⁴.. it then transitions into the earthy dirty bbq smoke used shotgun shell dank back drop.. the other day she smelt straight up of licolnshire sausage meat but mixed with that earthy dank dirty rotten skunk funk but the end product is consistently the same .....this is just in veg her terps only get louder and more complex the further along you take her ...

no milky terps on the exo however i have noticed that with sheff blues in flower...
yes i think we can all agree that all these old skunk cuts change like the wind and the weather depending on environment and at diff stages in there life cycle,that and peoples old factory's being calibrated differently for want of a better phrase.......,i can see how the cut pictured is related to the plant i passed out but its way more christmas tree shaped in its morphology than mine and pics ive seen of the cut they call brightside...interesting you say your sheff blues has some of that milk thing going on....is that the one Rick spoke of... passed from him,to mate dave to you? or are we on about to diff plants? i find the blues and livers thing confusing af tbh....would love too try one day tho when i'm back on those shores

Last edited:

skotty

horticulturist
Veteran
yes i think we can all agree that all these old skunk cuts change like the wind and the weather depending on environment and at diff stages in there life cycle,that and peoples old factory's being calibrated differently for want of a better phrase.......,i can see how the cut pictured is related to the plant i passed out but its way more christmas tree shaped in its morphology than mine and pics ive seen of the cut they call brightside...interesting you say your sheff blues has some of that milk thing going on....is that the one Rick spoke of... passed from him,to mate dave to you? or are we on about to diff plants? i find the blues and livers thing confusing af tbh....would love too try one day tho when i'm back on those shores

my cuts werent sourced through anybody off here ...

the exodus copy i have is from somebody my ends known as the "greenman".. has his own grown shop and dedicated his life to the plant

the sheff blues i sourced myself by back tracking a batch of blues back to its source ... we used to get 2 batchs called blues but 1 batch was always superior to the other... itt still had all the qualities of the blues/livers but takes it to a whole new level... never really smoked anything like sheff blues but tbh all clones are unique in their own way..

as far as cheese goes nothing really compares to the exodus and as far as im concerned she is the original cheeese every other version followed after...

ive just harvested sheff blues and the aroma you get from trimming is very milky creamy and you also get a nutty kind of smell ... weird as fook cause none of those aromas really transcend into the final product its just pure relentless terp bombs going off 1 after the other and it just dont fade ...

shishkaboy

>>>>Beanie Man<<<<
didn't want to post this pic because I really haven't done this clone that was kindly gifted to me. reference as many have stated differing environments conditions etc giving different outcomes.
I'll tune her in next time around, give a true representation of what she can really do. have a good Sunday guys
adios amigos
Ditto

Did get a new filter tho
BC63C510-C34D-4F86-8D14-D65E480EA79E.jpeg

potty1

This the wizard(?) Cut 4kali?
I know your a proper plantsman but you are being hard on yourself.we all k ow to get that kinda bulk on a cheese ain't no easy task.

4kali

yes mate she's the wizard cut,was speaking to Hazydaze about her recently and we think/ this is the old cheesefarmer cut, aka brightside clone. I'm just working her at present doing a bit of repeat cloning banging some real life into her
compared to the earlier pictures here of the wizard clone, which looked a hot mess she's looking more true to form of the brightside, or how she should look or looked back in the day. I'll nail her on the next run mate 100%. my 4k cut is a cracker of a skunk plant but it's got that pronounced berry back ground with the actual cheesy smell, this wizard cut is different its just so fuckin dirty, I've had to put an extra scrubber in the room on top of the extraction I already have, fuckin dangerous she is lol

bimblebrains_1

yes mate she's the wizard cut,was speaking to Hazydaze about her recently and we think/ this is the old cheesefarmer cut, aka brightside clone. I'm just working her at present doing a bit of repeat cloning banging some real life into her
compared to the earlier pictures here of the wizard clone, which looked a hot mess she's looking more true to form of the brightside, or how she should look or looked back in the day. I'll nail her on the next run mate 100%. my 4k cut is a cracker of a skunk plant but it's got that pronounced berry back ground with the actual cheesy smell, this wizard cut is different its just so fuckin dirty, I've had to put an extra scrubber in the room on top of the extraction I already have, fuckin dangerous she is lol
so hard to judge from pics due to light balance n shit but the flowers dont look as lime green as pics on here of the legit cut,thats one of the main things that struck me about the cut i sourced when i first saw her flowering in my mates room,the almost luminesence of the shade of green of the flowers and the kind of pink/tangerine pistols...just how i remember 'cheese' from the 2002 to 2007 era before the seed plants started being widely passed....also in the veg pics you put up she looks to be growing a little bit too vertical,the nodes are quite far apart and the color of the leaves are not (for want of a better term) emerald enough,could be down to light balance so not discrediting her,just giving a constructive opinion as i see it...whatever she is you defo got her poppin bro...nice one bimble

Last edited: