What's new

Tynehead Tom's 0'degree C , grow and show

Thanks for the update and smoke reports tom.

I can't wait to sample PLL and C4....seeds should be arriving soon and I might just have to toss a few down.

Glad to hear your shisk 3 was to your liking. There's nothing better than going down memory lane with an old fav

Tynehead Tom

yup, I think folks are gonna really like the Purplelazerlite. You can tell by my pics that I'm not exaggerating what a pleasure these were to grow and now, a pleasure to smoke ;)

check out this pile of purplelazerlite :D
picture.php

Tynehead Tom

just thought I'd pop in with a little announcement.
For those following along in this thread, you may remember I sent a bunch of seeds in to seedbay for the Gypsy fund.

pleased to say that 500 Swordfish beans are in Clarence's hands at seedbay and to go with them, 100 Shiskabah beans to go as freebies.

Swordfish = Black Tuna x Shiskaberry 3 f2
Shiskabah = Original Spice of Life Shiskaberry F1 x Shiskaberry 3 f2

I've asked that Swordfish be listed in the Buy it Nows on seedbay in 25seed packs and that the Shiskabah will be in 10seed packs. Shiskabah will be given as freebies for the first 10 folks who grab Swordfish.

All the details on these crosses are in this thread. ;)
enjoy folks, and don't miss out.
Clarence should have them listed as soon as he is able.

Tynehead Tom

Great thread Tom. It was a good read from start to finish

hey thanx man ;)

getting ready to fire up a flowering room again
On deck right now in my veg rooms:
Long Valley Royal kush (F10)
Gorilla Bubble BX2
Gluebreath S1
Headbanger x Ancient OG
Fire Alien Kush f2
Legend OG
Gorilla Glue #4
Forum Cookies
Purplelazerlite (2 phenos)
Black Tuna
Shiskaberry
Shiskaberry 3 f2

and I might pull 9 plants out of my greenhouse for a flower room of OJSDKB f2 and KPA these ones are all pretty big so gonna ponder that till the weekend.

geebus time is flying by LOL

Tynehead Tom

okay, I've decided to set the Ice Hut grow tent back up for one more round. I have my bigger room I could use but don't need that much space for these. I've got several moms vegging for a mass cloning later in September so the big room will get featured starting in November.
That and I renewing my med grow license so kinda going low key as far as what I post to the net till all the paperwork comes back green ;)

so without further adoooo , and I'll apologize now for the lack of pics but here is what will be flowering this run, in the tent, same set up as the last 2 runs. Only change will be the floor, which I used a 8ft x 7ft section of vinyl flooring over the carpet instead of black white plastic. The other change will be a Panosonic Whisper fan as soon as I can get my mitts on one, until then I use what I got.

so here is the plants, not sure on count yet as some haven't sexed.
Tony Green Gorilla Bubble BX2(from seed)
Antenna Seeds Purplelazerlite(clone)
Shiskaberry 3 f2 (clone)
Chunky's bagseeds Gluebreath S1
BAKED_BEANZ working of Afficionado's Long Valley Royal kush (f10? from seed)
BAKED_BEANZ cross of Karma's Headbanger x Bohdi's Ancient OG
and I think that's it for now.
Like I say, not sure on count yet but the tent will be packed LOL
hopefully I can entertain you all thru a third round in my Ice Fishing Hut grow tent :D

caljim

I'm on the edge. Of what I'm not sure.
Veteran
Sounds like a nice line up Tom.

I must say that a paraboloic inside a tent, the way you are running it , does look appealing. Weren't you venting through the top with a inline fan? Why change up to the Panisonic fart fan?

Tynehead Tom

Helios212-> Fire Alien Kush and KPA are staying in the veg room to get big. I need them bushy for many clones in October. I was going to pull 5 KPA and put them under the lights but they are too big and gonna leave em outside. so.....

I have 7 KPA in the greenhouse and geebus they are starting to come along nicely.

Caljim-> ya man, I wasn't really using the parabol as a reflector,more or less a light trap though I'm sure it is performing as a reflector too even though the bulb is hanging much lower than it would if it was attached to the parabol in the usual way. So ya, that leaves the center hole of the reflector, where the socket base usually is, open to use as a vent hole to draw the hot air up past the light and into the exhaust.
My exhaust fan is a centrifugal fan I modified to run inline and while it works, it has a hum to it that I want to not hear anymore LOL So was looking around and heard the Panosonic Whisper fans were some of the quietest around?

I dunno, I want the quietest inline fan I can get in the 450 cfm range. suggestions from anyone in Canada?

so my winter line up should be pretty cool and will be filled with seed pops from various sources, but mostly seedbay and GLG
for now, the tent runs as above but I have a planned seed pop coming in the next week.
Joining the fun will be Karma Genetics Biker Kush V1, Chunky's Bagseeds Scoutbreath and I need to pick ONE of the following : fruity pebbles OG f3 , Goji OG x 88G13HP or chocolate trip x black lime reserve .... it's a tough decision LOL but will figure it out :D
now the only thing that would change that plan is a package I'm waiting for containing some darlins net and dmt crosses so if those arrive before I pop these beans..... well I'll certainly have a dope growers dilemma on my hands hahahaha

Tynehead Tom

goddamn I hate when things don't go as planned LOL

went to town to the feed and tack store to get a much needed bale of sunshine mix to pot everything up for flowering and every bale they have weighs 200 pounds and is fricken water logged. I even called ahead to see if they had dry bales and was assured they did. fuckers!
So it's a 2 1/2 hour drive tomorrow to a bigger town that has a proper dry storage for their grow media. Will look at fans too, I need a fan and perhaps a few other things hehehe

so I'm in a holding pattern. Plants are getting 12/12 so things are moving along.
Pics in a few days, too much chaos for pics just yet :D

Tynehead Tom

Looking at my greenhouse grow, most of the plants are flowering pretty good now but the OJSDKB f2 and Black Tuna are really slow to get their flower on. I'm prepping a room for them right now so I can ensure anything in my greenhouse can be dragged into the garage's big room to finish. So gonna be some cool shit going on up in here come October LOL

O

OG Tree Grower

Hey brother, I saw you talking in another thread about rebuilding your ice hut into a real room and running X amount of plants around the light, vegging to 14" or so, something along that lines anyways. I didn't wanna clutter that thread so I figured I'd come here to yours lol

Did you ever think of trying 6 large plants around 1000w so your not wasting all that height? These have the backs cut off them because there in areo buckets and I can't easily turn them daily like you do, but I bet you would get even more yeild than I do by leaving the plant grow naturally and just turn it 180 deg every other day... Anyways I don't train them of use screens or anything, just tie back the colas from falling into the light, this is what I set up for friends or personal grows and it puts out serious weight with minimal veg time, usually vegged to 32-38 inches then flipped

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 13

Tynehead Tom

Ya man, over winter I may go back to bigger plants. I like the idea of 3 x 1000w vertical and all the plants in 5 gallon pails with longer veg.... but.....

there is a method to my madness even tho it is probably not all that apparent.
I need the ability to run multiple varieties so this dictates plant size in a given space.
Flowering the plants at 12 to 14 inches , with a finished height of 24 to 28 inches, allows the whole plant to be in the 1000 watt bulbs "sweet spot" for light intensity. On my first run in the tent I was turning the plants but in the second run, I cut off the branches from the side opposite the light and did not turn the plants.
This method also lets me cut down veg time to a 10 day to 14 day veg if the clone is healthy. Seed plants I generally take them to week 5 or 6 before flipping.
This lets me have a relatively fast turn around for testing varieties and affords me the ability to have a variety of strains under one light.
The reason I liked the ice hut grow so much is more the environment it achieved so I want to duplicate those dimensions and equipment in a more solid form and have 2 of them on alternating light cycles with a flip box.
The last reason I like this idea is that I have 3 , 4ft x 4ft x 7ft "breeding boxes" that have 400W hps in them and while they work and I do like them, I'd rather make seeds under the 1000W as I seem to get a higher percentage of nice healthy seeds at harvest. This could be environment tho as I was never fully satisfied with how the 4x4 boxes ran.

anyhow, there are endless ways to get er done, for me, I'm not chasing nirvana with the 2 grams per watt folks, not that there is anything wrong with that at all. I'm just happy getting 1 pound + per light, as long as it is top shelf, tasty and clean ;)

O

OG Tree Grower

Copy that! I always want to run more strains but then I remember our not so awesome laws and get slapped back into reality, some day Im gonna do a sog grow with a different seed in every hole but not until the laws change for the better

Tynehead Tom

okay.... the Ice Hut Grow Tent is back in action, with a couple minor improvements. Hung my exhaust fan from the ceiling with a rubber bungee cord and waddya know, it's actually pretty damn quiet LOL
and this time I laid a 8ft x 8ft sheet of vinyl flooring down instead of black white poly.
kinda smells a bit so have had all the fans running, should be okay. smells like a new kitchen :D

I've switched gears here and put all my seedplants back into veg and have filled the tent with 9 plants from my greenhouse that are already in the early stages of flowering looking about 2 to 3 weeks along. So we will finally get to see KPA in all her glory as I know a few guys have been awful curious to see me flower one of those, and the 4 Baked_Beanz F2 of OJSDKB, which I am very eager to see what they are gonna do.
I'm gonna have to bend and twist and conform these plants to suit the lights optimal coverage zone but they aren't so big that it won't be impossible and I think the flowering stretch is near finished anyways.

stay tuned, I'll get them settled and take some pics once I'm done staking and tying.
Harvest target around oct 18 I'm thinking.

Tynehead Tom

Just a heads up for those following along from the start. The seeds I made with that fast flowering shiskaberry 3 f2 male onto the Black Tuna and the fat budded Shiskaberry F1 females have dropped at seedbay. OTLB Seed Collective Swordfish (and Shiskabah freebies for 1st 10 packs of Swordfish ordered and "paid").
once they gone, they gone as it's a 1 time drop for those I think, we'll see :D

Latest posts

Latest posts