What's new

The Original O'l Farts Club.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
I can verify that has a lot of truth to it, for a while when I was younger, I did some volunteer work with a church that did it's best to help he homeless out. Part of that work involved trying to get to know the homeless to see if we could help them with ideas to improve their situations and many of them just wished they could be left alone to do whatever they wanted. I remember one guy a black man who was a vet and in his 80's, between his VA check and his Social Security he was bringing in around $2000 per month in the early to mid 90's. He also had family in town that were willing and able to give him his own private room and live with them but they had rules that he didn't like. Mainly to not drink because he was one of those nasty drunks. He was content to stay on the streets with a group of other homeless he thought of as friends who would help him spend all his money when it came in at the beginning of the month and then they would all go their seperate ways when the money was gone. It was really kind of sad because he could have lived a much better, more comfortable life if he would just be willing to make some relatively small changes to his habits.
this echos a lot of the stories i hear of street people
a lot of them are on ssi/ benefits of some kind, but just want to live rough and not be told what to do

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
No private ownership,rationed food, in Cuba.Sixty six years after Castro’s promise, no less than 7.4 million Cubans (67% of the population) do not have a “decent home”. And worst of all, the “revolution” constantly evicts poor families from their precarious homes, which are flattened. The housing crisis is endemic and as severe or more than that of Haiti. The politicians drive new expensive cars while most of the population can't afford any car and the ones that do have a car own 60 year old ones and can't get parts.
It's a nice place if you don't have to live there. Here's a clip before communism destroyed peoples lives.

ive never been there? have you
this would been a better video to link to canada being a shit hole but it looks kind of dated
/canada = 40s cuba!
so when the gov tear down peoples houses where do the people go and what do they build?*
in your previously linked vid, there dident seem to be much homelessness
housing is a major issue in a lot of countries, but cube being an island has much smaller boundaries
i actually hoped that with obabma opening up cuba for tourism that it would help, but it turns out this wasnt the case
but they dont have the crime that plagues a lot of latin america, most of their populace is educated and i dont see the homelessness you are alluding to

*i think i know where you are going with this one
de oppresso liber

Last edited:

dogzter

Drapetomaniac
My Granny was born on a sugarcane plantation in Cuba and came here with her daughter to escape the communists after they took power.
She said they were worse than the slave owners were for the people especially the dark skinned ones.
Never been myself though every single person I know from there and its a lot hate communism deeply.
Fully understandable from people who live d under the most evil form of government in history.
Fuck communism.
🐕

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
My Granny was born on a sugarcane plantation in Cuba and came here with her daughter to escape the communists after they took power.
She said they were worse than the slave owners were for the people especially the dark skinned ones.
Never been myself though every single person I know from there and its a lot hate communism deeply.
Fully understandable from people who live d under the most evil form of government in history.
Fuck communism.
🐕
im with you man!
f communism and any form of government that does not represent the people* and put a boot on your neck of good people
i thought with new leadership cuba might change but change comes slow
it used to be a swinging place man,from what ive read but like like iran and a lot of places things change
/ive not bee to either of these places btw

does your granny live in miami and make awesome food?
/just having fun man

*your results may vary

Janborrego

Premium user
420club
I just checked my blood pressure and it is 123 over 68 right now. I go to see the infectious disease doctor on Thursday and he’s got all of my medical information and my CT scan so I’m hoping he will start me on some sort of regiment of antibiotics. I don’t believe I’ve got sleep apnea cause it’s never woken me up or I’ve never felt like I was choking, and as far as I know, I don’t snore… i’ve always had high blood pressure but now it’s starting to seem to stabilize. I’m told my kidneys are causing my blood pressure to be high and I know I have peripheral arterial disease, which is clogging my arteries. That’s 100% passed down from my mother side of the family… i’m hoping the infectious disease doctor will enlighten me to what the hell is going on in my lungs. I looked up the symptoms of my lung disease and I have every one of them, but they say there is a cure, but it takes two years… I’m not really enthused about having a sleep study done on me because I have to sleep in a strange place without my boys and I smoke a fair amount of dope from between I go to bed and wake up… just like yesterday afternoon when I tried to take a nap, once my pillow hit the bed my mind turned on again… Lord knows I miss the Quaaludes of yesterday year… Once I see the infectious disease doctor, I will bring all of that information over to my GP and see if we can put some sort of sense to all of this… if I can find the reason for my severe fatigue and do something about it, that would make my life completely different… I appreciate your interest in my situation, I am pretty much an open book so ask away on the questions…

On a different note, when I opened up the door to let the boys out this morning, a little bird came flying into the house. He’s been in every room and I’m not sure how I’m going to get him out of here without hurting him…
When that happens here I leave the porch doors open. Once on the porch I close the house door and open the porch door it flys out

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Ahhggg! - (Sneezes!) - gawd sneezes hurt - after open heart surgery - even after nearly 6 weeks since they opened me up - but were much-much more painful after 3 days since the surgery - I wanted to die - that was the worst pain I've ever encountered - the sorta pain that has you crying for your dead Mother -

Jeez! - what's the worst pain you ever had?

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Ehh - maybe not such a good question 🤔 - since it pains psychologically to remember physical pain - but you ain't never gonna forget it - that's for sure - maybe physical pain is good? - reminding you that you are VERY much alive - and ya gotta do something to alleviate that pain 😢 - or it's just gonna get worse - maybe even before it ever gets better -

As for being able to adjust our 'Pain Threshold' - to be able to cope with more pain - does that really work well? - I've seen a fair bit of pain over the years - so I think that I'm an old pain campaigner - and nothing should shock me - but it sure did when I did a heavy sneeze - after having my chest wired shut - and maaaan - that must have hit a twelve - on a one to ten scale -

Last edited:

Magu🌈

Ehh - maybe not such a good question 🤔 - since it pains psychologically to remember physical pain - but you ain't never gonna forget it - that's for sure - maybe physical pain is good? - reminding you that you are VERY much alive - and ya gotta do something to alleviate that pain 😢 - or it's just gonna get worse - maybe even before it ever gets better -

As for being able to adjust our 'Pain Threshold' - to be able to cope with more pain - does that really work well? - I've seen a fair bit of pain over the years - so I think that I'm an old pain campaigner - and nothing should shock me - but it sure did when I did a heavy sneeze - after having my chest wired shut - and maaaan - that must have hit a twelve - on a one to ten scale -
Good morning all. 🌞 It will get better @Gypsy Nirvana . “Pain is weakness leaving the body”. How are your plants coming along?

This is a ‘Ghost Candy’ plant. I need to start thinking about making some clones. 😁
B1C143AB-0B5D-4751-8157-81568CF7A17D.jpeg

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Respect.....but you have to have thick skin to survive on these foums. We are a melting pot of people all over the planet and so far nobody's been killed.
IC Mag was my first international forum, which I joined in 2009 and the first thing that I noticed is that brothers and sisters from other countries see things differently that USA citizens. I noticed the same thing watching TV or reading newspapers while abroad.

I already knew that a high percentage of the US population saw things diametrically opposite my views watching election results, putting my opinions into perspective.

As noted by Will Rogers, "The world is full of people damn sure of things that ain't so." I've found after paying close attention, that sometimes that includes me.
Ahhggg! - (Sneezes!) - gawd sneezes hurt - after open heart surgery - even after nearly 6 weeks since they opened me up - but were much-much more painful after 3 days since the surgery - I wanted to die - that was the worst pain I've ever encountered - the sorta pain that has you crying for your dead Mother -

Jeez! - what's the worst pain you ever had?
Probably kidney stones or knee injury. Coughing or sneezing with broken ribs was certainly an eyeopener. Never had my chest or abdominal cavity opened so unqualified to make the comparison..............

An interesting thing about our bodies wiring, is that we can remember pleasure and close our eyes and feel it course through our bodies, but while we can remember something was painful, we can't close our eyes and re-experience it.

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Good Thorsday morning brothers and sisters. All hail Thor!
bigarmhug.gif
puffpuffpass_smilie.gif

Cloudy here starting at 49F and predicted to reach 66F.

I moved plants yesterday to open up the front flower garden to digging and await a response from my retired plumbing vendor, currently vacationing in Italy, for a vendor selection.

Breakfast out this morning and then I will be replacing sprinkler heads for joy and amazement. I decided not to do them yesterday in deference to my lower back which was shrieking at me for digging.

Thor.jpg

Dime

ive never been there? have you
this would been a better video to link to canada being a shit hole but it looks kind of dated
/canada = 40s cuba!
so when the gov tear down peoples houses where do the people go and what do they build?*
in your previously linked vid, there dident seem to be much homelessness
housing is a major issue in a lot of countries, but cube being an island has much smaller boundaries
i actually hoped that with obabma opening up cuba for tourism that it would help, but it turns out this wasnt the case
but they dont have the crime that plagues a lot of latin america, most of their populace is educated and i dont see the homelessness you are alluding to

*i think i know where you are going with this one
de oppresso liber
The elderly are at a particularly high risk of homelessness despite every Cuban having an official address. Retired Cubans live on a fixed pension of 248 Pesos (~10 USD) per month which forces the elderly into a constant state of financial hardship. Given that almost 11% are over 65 years of age, a significant part of the population experiences poverty. According to the Havana Times, many elderly Cubans may sleep on public benches or practice “couch surfing” by living with friends as overcrowding makes their own family unable to care for them. The exact percentage of homeless elderly is unknown but social workers are aware of the underreported issue . Although the elderly may have an official address, the quality of life is reminiscent of homelessness.

Latest posts

Latest posts