What's new

Tynehead Tom's 0'degree C , grow and show

Tynehead Tom

LOL Corky :D
K sorry I kinda dropped the ball. all the pics I took yesterday looked like shit so I snapped a bunch more tonight in the bathtub during flush watering. Adding some pics to the above post and will dump a pile more right away ;)
enjoy !!

Tynehead Tom

and these three lovely Chimera C4 are starting to come along real nicely. As the plants begin to mature, the smells are changing. #1 is starting to smell like sugary blueberries. It's a strong sweet icky smell. Yield will be low but I don't care, I know she is gonna be some awesome tasty smoke.
picture.php

C4 #2 , the fuggen rockstar of the 3 C4 and right along the lines of what I was after when I popped these beans. I wanted a strong single cola dominant original shiskaberry afghan expression and this plant delivers that in spades. I wanna grow a 5 footer of this in a big way. Will absolutely be trying to reveg this one.
picture.php

picture.php

and last, C4 #3.
She looks like she may need an extra week or so over her sisters. Nice bud development but like her sister #1, all the inner buds are small and didn't develop much. Her odor reminds me of northern lights #5. Sweet, nutty earthy hashy aroma, quite nice and will no doubt also be some nice smoke :)
picture.php

next up is the 4 Antenna seeds Purplelazerlite..... if you are craving a kick ass frosty as phuck, dense budded easily managed sativa.... look no further. These plants are just screaming smoke me LOL So glad I grabbed these beans. Will drop a few pics of each here but will be doing a full spread in my antenna seeds forum thread.
coming right up

Tynehead Tom

okay, Antenna Seeds Purplelazerlite..... I think, the pics speak for themselves ?

Purplelazerlite #1 the most sativa structured of the 4 , this one is gonna be a big yielder. Buds aren't as dense as the rock hard nugs on the other 3 but makes up for it in sheer size.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Purplelazerlite #2 , what a chunky dense budded plant this one is. It's loaded and super frosty. It has the strongest odors of the 4. This will be revegged as I think it has exceptional potential in the stash.
picture.php

picture.php

Tynehead Tom

Purplelazerlite #3
the smallest of the 3 as far as yield goes but makes up for it in dense frosty wickedly smelling buds.
picture.php

picture.php

and #4, almost a twin to #3 but smell is just slightly more like #2 and this one is the frostiest of the 4 and closer to the floral development as #2. Big and chunky dense frosty nugs. Love it. this will also be on the reveg schedule and back in between weeks 2 and 3 I dusted a few buds with the same shiskaberry pollen I hit the Black Tuna and Shiskaberry F1 with
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

well, that's it for now, phew.... that took some time to clean all that up LOL
couple weeks to go!!!

gorilla ganja

Everything looks top notch Tom.
Looking forward to seeing some of your crosses grow up.
Have you re-vegged something that has been in flower for so long before?
Anyway great job.

Peace GG

Tynehead Tom

yes I've done the reveg on fully flowered plants before. Doesn't always go, but I gots to try.
I'm also eager to get to the beans I made this season. I have some Swordfish (black tuna x shiskaberry 3 f2) and some LMZ (Shiskaberry f1 x Nuken) going in the greenhouse. I'm keeping track of those in my outdoor grow diary. I'm gonna be doing an update for that as well.
Crazy busy over here so if my update schedule seems off, ya'all know why.
Currently I have my moms --> shiskaberry F1 , shiskaberry 3 f2, black tuna and KPA. Males ----> Shiskaberry 3 f2 and Nuken
and seed starts over the past 5 weeks
OJSDKB f2 (greenhouse 6 weeks from seed)
Swordfish (greenhouse 6 weeks from seed)
LMZ (greenhouse 4 weeks from seed)
the rest for indoor
Gluebreath S1
Gorilla Bubble BX2
Long Valley Royal Kush (F?)
Karma Headbanger x Bodhi Ancient OG
and last night I put down some Fire Alien Kush f2

fun times for sure :D

Tynehead Tom

speaking of my crosses

for those who have been following along, the seeds I made over may and june with the shiskaberry 3 f2 males to the shiskaberry f1 female and the Black Tuna clone only are cured up and ready to get spread far and wide :D
I've got the first drop ready to go , featuring 500+ Swordfish (black tuna x shiskaberry 3 f2, fast nice structured male) and what I'm gonna officially call SHISKABAH , which is 2 shiskaberry 3 f2 males to the fat and frosty Shiskaberry F1. Can't call it shiskaberry anymore as I've taken an original from breeder steve/spice of life , being the female and crossed it with Ustad seeds working of breeder steve's shiskaberry 3. I suppose one could say this stock will be fairly inbred and I'm gonna bet some good stability and "many" solid 8 week or less plants exhibiting similar traits as the shiskaberry f1 in the grow diary. The regular plant and the two in the pop can pics I harvested a few weeks back.

anyhow, these are being donated for seedbay for the Gypsy Nirvana Fundraiser, the Shiskabah will be in 10 packs, free for the first 10 people to grab a 25 pack of Swordfish.
Not a bad deal eh? Snap em up and put some cash in Gypsy's family's pockets :D
and I stuck a note in there that any extras are intended for the seedbay staff to fight over and take home LOLZ
picture.php

gorilla ganja

Sweeeeet :tiphat:

Hats off to you sir for helping a worthy cause.
What does OTLB seed collective stand for and how do I join?

Peace GG

Tynehead Tom

Years ago when I first branched away from the folks I worked for running pheno hunt gardens or better term "keeper cut" gardens, me and a couple friends stuck with breeding for our own interests vs cash cropping. We also fish together, ride together, life long brothers. The handful of us left, I'm the only one who does any breeding and the fellas are pretty happy about it LOL I wanted a name to use for the beans instead of calling it my username here so opted for the Out To Lunch Bunch Seed Collective or OTLB seed collective for short :D

Tynehead Tom

so, looking at the plants in the tent last night, evaluating harvest window. I was aiming for the 27th, being 9weeks for PLL and black tuna , 8weeks for C4 and shiskaberry.
Purplelazerlite (PLL) #2,3 and 4 will certainly finish in the allotted time. As will C4 1 and 2 and the single shiskaberry 3 f2.
Purplelazerlite 1 , C4 3 and Black Tuna are gonna get at least an extra week.
Weather hear has been the shits. Thunder storm after thunder storm since the snow melted, and only brief lapses of sunshine. As strange as it may sound, this has been a blessing for my passively cooled ice hut grow tent LOL
it's in an upstairs bedroom on the sunny side of the house.... I knew that setting up and had originally only planned one cycle in the ice hut. worked so well I went for round 2 :D
anyhow, if real summer hits, growing in the ice hut in the upstairs bedroom just ain't gonna work without AC and I'm not going there...... I have other plans.

anyhow, that's where it's at right now 10 days to harvest, will do another update with pics on Wednesday.

OH and for anyone interested, in my outdoor grow diary , later today I'll be posting pics of both parents of the Swordfish cross, side by side with 2 6 week old Swordfish seedlings. Lots of info in my diaries and early grow journal on these plants for folks who grab the seeds to pour thru

speaking of my crosses

for those who have been following along, the seeds I made over may and june with the shiskaberry 3 f2 males to the shiskaberry f1 female and the Black Tuna clone only are cured up and ready to get spread far and wide :D
I've got the first drop ready to go , featuring 500+ Swordfish (black tuna x shiskaberry 3 f2, fast nice structured male) and what I'm gonna officially call SHISKABAH , which is 2 shiskaberry 3 f2 males to the fat and frosty Shiskaberry F1. Can't call it shiskaberry anymore as I've taken an original from breeder steve/spice of life , being the female and crossed it with Ustad seeds working of breeder steve's shiskaberry 3. I suppose one could say this stock will be fairly inbred and I'm gonna bet some good stability and "many" solid 8 week or less plants exhibiting similar traits as the shiskaberry f1 in the grow diary. The regular plant and the two in the pop can pics I harvested a few weeks back.

anyhow, these are being donated for seedbay for the Gypsy Nirvana Fundraiser, the Shiskabah will be in 10 packs, free for the first 10 people to grab a 25 pack of Swordfish.
Not a bad deal eh? Snap em up and put some cash in Gypsy's family's pockets :D
and I stuck a note in there that any extras are intended for the seedbay staff to fight over and take home LOLZ

Mmmm those sound like they might be some nice seeds. I'll have to check in on how those grow for you.

25 packs you say....10 free seeds you say.....I gotta get my clicky finger in shape to prepare for the drop.

Tynehead Tom

20 packs of 25 beans plus a free pack of 10,, but only for the first 10 who grab the swordfish. Those freebies should be the absolute shit for anyone who misses the old time shiskaberry :D
Hopefully one of the Swordfish in my greenhouse is female and we can see what it does.
I am expecting good things tho. The idea of this cross was to try and add a bit of flavour and some different aromas and also to add some shorter 49 day flowering time influence as well. The male used is still alive and doing fine and about to be brought back indoors for cloning and full plant flowering for a pollen collection. I'm not done with using that male's pollen yet.

I've been putting updates off till a few plants are down.
I have C4#3 trimmed and hanging whole.
Purplelazerlite #4 and Shiskaberry 3 f2 are 8 hours in to a 72 hour dark period
C4 #2 is getting chopped tonite , leaving ample small growth on the lower stem to attempt a reveg.

I'll try and get some pics up over next few days.
Purplelazerlite #2 and #3 are slated to harvest on Wednesday, C4 #1, purplelazerlite #4 and black tuna are getting another 10 days and then the 0 degree C ice hut grow n show will be concluded for 2016 ;)

C

chris harris

All looks good, man. Sorry to hear about the mountain plots, Mother Nature can be a bitch. I'm sure you'll come back strong though, don't look like much holds you back.
Yes, the weather has sucked. We even got tornados in the area the last little while, rain almost every day. Glad to see you got everything covered up. So I guess your not moving everything in/ out of shed for light dep?
Can you show me want you used for a cover on the greenhouse, I see you said weed barrier, thought that would let light in?
I'll have to watch for your seeds, sounds interesting.

OranguTrump

Crotchety Old Crotch
Man, those plants are NICE!

Congrats, can't wait to see your yields.

(Those fucking seeds look GREAT - I gotta get some)

Tynehead Tom

first and formost it should be known, I consider myself a raving amateur, despite my many years experience LOL

I bought the thickest landscape fabric I could get my mitts on. 4 ft x 100 foot roll was 70.00 bux.
The north end of my greenhouse now has a tarp stapled up completely covering that end. the sun angle doesn't ever come from there anyways so affects only ambient light.
inside the tent I hung hangers, 5 feet up the walls and in the center at 6 1/2 feet high.
The landscape cloth was pulled out 18 1/2 feet and then doubled up to form one piece, 9 foot 3" x 4ft. glued along the seams with , you guessed it, Gorilla Glue LOL
Then I repeated that a few times. Once I had 4 pcs 9ft3 x 4 , I took 2 each and glued them together. wife helped with a stich here and there with some heavy Kevlar thread and a big ass needle.
so now I have 2 , 7ft 11 x 9ft 3" curtains that a 1" pole 9 feet long slides thru in 2 places. So I lift the curtain on one side, slide a rod thru at 5 ft and engage it's hangers, then up to the middle and again engage the rod with it's hangers. one side done. repeat for the other side and overlap the top. then I have a tarp that tacks up on clips to complete the light dep of 1/2 of the inside of the greenhouse. The other half is not light depped and has mostly veggies. Plants in pots I can carry are spending their dark time in my camper, which has been black out and has air circulating.

I don't know if the light dep is gonna be sufficient, I had planned on used the small barn but that was before I decided the sunniest spot was no where near there LOL Where the greenhouse sits right now, it gets full undisturbed sunlight from 45 minutes after sunrise, to about an hour or so before sunset. So plants are currently getting full 14+ hours of sun exposure every day. This has been a blessing on the cloudy days that's fer sure.
anyhow, this should all be in my outdoor thread but that's okay hehehe
I'm updating my outdoor thread on Wednesday ;
I can say, 2 of my outdoor OSJDKB f2 are females for sure .... woohoo!

Tynehead Tom

I'm also pretty pumped to see what you think of those PLLs as I have some on the way.

I'm excited to get that stuff nicely cured up and in a rolling paper.
last night I pinched a few fan leaves from PLL #2 and geeeeeebuzzzz my hands reeked for a while. It even overpowered the smell of the tuna doobie I was smoking. All I could smell was that PLL on my hands.
PLL #2 is just an amazing plant. It is just stacked with buds and has quite a squat frame. Really, it has everything a guy could ask for.
on top of that, it has this really unique smell. It starts off sharp on the nose, really sharp, and the smell is those blue minty lifesaver candies, which turns to a deeper sweet skunky poultry spice kind of a smell, leaving you with that hashy really good weed smell for lack of a better description. I dunno, I am really expecting something special in the flavour department.

#2 and #3 are so close to each other but no mint smell on #3 , instead more of a candy, bubble gum, accompanied by that skunky poultry spice but it's subdued. Again, expecting some premium flavors here.
#4, a lot like #3 but the poultry spice and mint smell is replaced with a bubble gummy dark chocolatey hashy smell. It's a hard smell to describe.
#1, not sure what to think yet, kind of subtle, mild smells of melon and pine, very different plant than the other 3. they share similarities in how the branches reach out and stretch, a commonality on all 4. But #1 is the only one that stretched equally at the top and branches, whereas the others seemed to stretch more in the branches vs the top. Regardless, all 4 plants have big frosty nugs a the end of every branch and some of the lowers are the biggest of all. Impressive.
2,3, and 4 are absolutely glistening in thick frosting of trichomes.
#1 it is trichome rich as well , just finer and perhaps not as developed as the other 3 but is certainly catching up.
2,3 and 4 are also rock hard nuggs, they all share this in common. #2 and #4 however, look like they are much more developed when it comes to yield, #2 especially, the main cola is a beast.
#1 , different again, the buds are plentiful, I can see this plant being the biggest yield by far. The buds at the top and end of each branch are about the same and they are big fat buds with lots of sites down each super long branch. The buds tho aren't dense and rock hard like her sisters, firm, not soft, just not that rock hard dense nuggetry going on around her.
To me, in my limited experience growing full sativa influenced plants, #1 is the most sativa in her expressions vs her sisters, who to me, have grown like very branchy, octopus like Indicas LOL very cool. ;)

3 and 4 are ripe , trichomes just starting to show amber here n there. I would say a 56 day flowering time was sufficient for those two.
#2 looks like it will certainly benefit from the full 63 days (maybe a few more)
#1 is certainly a 9 week + and my plan will be to take it to the trichomes tell me it's ready.
Same with Black Tuna and that last C4. I'm going to flower some males for pollen next so will be filling the tent with those very shortly. Probably not gonna document that, males are kinda boring. will post pics when they are fully ripe ;)

C

chris harris

Thanks for the info. 25+ yrs. indoors, have a bunch outdoors for the first time, so was looking to steal some ideas, seeing as we are at the same latitude. Keep up the good work. I'll keep lurking all your threads.
How the fuck you find time to fish? Lol.

Tynehead Tom

fishing LOL I haven't had time for the past bit, plus the weather here and all the lightning storms.... ya, I'll pass hahaha
yesterday and today have been the nicest days in a while, I hope it stays this way and we can say goodbye to the thunder storm after thunder storm we have had since mid june. This is my first season taking a serious stab at trying to grow at this latitude. Tried a few plants a couple years ago potted into the ground but they were total disappointments. My previous outdoor experience has been in and just outside the BC lowermainland. much lower elevation as well, less than 1/2 where I'm at now. it's kinda like learning again in finding plants that want to thrive here.

my next update should be chock full of indoor harvest and pre harvest pics :D
stay tuned !!