What's new

Tynehead Tom's 0'degree C , grow and show

Tynehead Tom

ya, sorry I been slow on the pic updates :D
will try tonight. Hunting season opened here on the 10th so I have been somewhat distracted. seen 2 bears 11 mulies, 4 whitetails and 3 moose in the last 2 days, but not a shooter in the bunch. Also, while they are rare around my parts..... I'm on grizzly bear alert at home as a huge sow and 2 cubs were spotted in the fields at the bottom of the hill, which is less than 800 yardsmeters from my house. Explains the helicopters I've been hearing and seeing around here the past few days. Kind of a big deal LOL

anyhow, will get some pics up asap ;)

OranguTrump

Crotchety Old Crotch
My location is best location when Grizz are involved - waaaaay the hell away from the place.

"Land Orca" - fast, smart and eat ANYTHING

Stay safe

Tynehead Tom

we'll be fine.... it's a fairly busy area once you get out to the main road with logging trucks, tourists closing up their summer properties and all the hunters and late season trout fisherpersons everywhere. The Conservation officers will harass her by helicopter to get her to move out of the area. Sure better than shooting her that's for sure. I get black bears in spring and fall fairly routinely around here and usually just go out in the back and act big and tough and yell at them to fuck off as aggressively as I can.... mind you I'm usually accompanied by a 338Federal Ruger M77 but haven't had to pull the trigger yet on a bear in the yard, they bugger off pretty quick. I wouldn't know what to do if the grizz was in my yard LOL..... stay in the house and pray they don't like greenhouse weed I'm thinkin hahaha

Tynehead Tom

oh and I forgot to mention... I added Tony Green's Gorilla Bubble Bx2 seedlings to the tent last night , might throw in a few other plants in small pots to fill some space below the trees. Will see at lights on tonight and i'll do up some pics.... all this rambling must be boring you folks to death :D

Tynehead Tom

Okay, changed up things a bit and the OJSDKB f2 are back in the greenhouse. Took them from isolation and tried to fit them in the tent and well, they are just too damn big.
So, I've added Long valley royal kush f10 and headbanger x ancient og to the tent.

here's some pics of the KPA bushes. These are standing just over 4 feet tall and I'd say they are midway thru week 4 judging by the end of stretch last week. They have a nice strong chemmy sweetness , it's not berry , it's not fruity at all really, just a strong chemically funky sharp sweet smell that really pleases the nose. I'm noticing a lot of the fan leaves that have filled in since the last deleafing are coming in with that more hybrid indica/sativa look to them. The bud site stacking on the tops and every branch is putting big smiles on my face too. All 5 plants are totally identical in size and appearance as they should, being clones. The uniformity and structure are top notch. If this plant tastes anything like the stem rubs and hits the bar for potency requirements, she just might be a winner and worthy of making some beans with perhaps an Antenna Seeds Purplelazerlite male that I was sure was a female. Awesome structure and node formations and smelled very strong. We'll see about that, I do have a male clone ready to stick on 12/12......
well, here's a couple quick pics to get this 3rd round in the Ice Hut Grow Tent up and running.

the KPA
picture.php

picture.php

caljim

I'm on the edge. Of what I'm not sure.
Veteran
The IceHut is up and running again! Great for the plants, but what about fishing?

Tynehead Tom

The IceHut is up and running again! Great for the plants, but what about fishing?

If I play my cards right.... I got time for two quick flowering runs in the Ice Hut before the lake will be frozen enough anyways :D
I don't know about you guys..... but I'm looking for good deals on 6x6x7 ice huts this year LOL I need a couple more grow tents hahaha

Once I get my paperwork finished up and grow license renewed..... I'm gonna crack the throttle on this show but for now, the Ice hut will take center stage again.

Tynehead Tom

oh.... and fellas.... a bunch of weeks ago I stuck a clone each of my male Nuken (god bud x shiskaberry f2 {aka kish}) and male shiskaberry 3 f2 #4 in a flowering chamber and collected the pollen in jars.
I knocked up the tops of 4 main branches on one of the KPA in the Ice hut with the same Shiskaberry 3 f2 male I used to make Swordfish and Shiskabah. We'll see if the seeds take and I'll have to let that one go a few extra weeks to make sure they ripen.
it's just a "for shitsngigglze" cross and I'd be looking for KPA in the males that come from those seeds and breed them back to the clone for a couple generations.

Tynehead Tom

well, I figure these have about 4 weeks to go ..... the wife is gonna have to flush and watch the trichomes for me while I'm away moose hunting at end of oct..... this is gonna be interesting hahaha. She rolled a joint for me "once" , was a good roll too LOL but generally she doesn't involve herself with the garden or my smoking pleasures.

anyhow, that's weeks away yet.
Here's the 5 KPA bushes I pulled from the greenhouse. They stand 4 foot 3inch from the floor (including the pot). They are stacking wonderfully I think and the trichromes are just starting to express nicely. Two of them have a crispied leaf on top due to bumping the light while I was shuffling while feeding .... oops. But the buds didn't get scorched. Also did a deleafing last night to open them up a bit. I also have to add all the stakes and strings to start supporting those branches so they put energy into flowers not stem support.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Tynehead Tom

I've been doing a tonne of hunting (deer and moose) the past few weeks so haven't had a lot of time to update my threads. BUT I have had lots of time to sample the harvest.

I chopped the headbangerxancient og way too early and while I did smoke a doob , and it was tasty with killer potential, most of the tiny plant went to the hash pile.

Long Valley Royal Kush , again, harvested the little plants a couple weeks early. However, this stuff kicks me right in the head LOL and the flavours are creamy smooth and mouth coating down to the roach. Very nice smoke and wishing I had lots more of that. I didn't take clones but I do have another sack of seed.

KPA ---> I am still curing the KPA as it is improving in flavour the longer it's in the jars. It's potent, not "killer" but certainly potent. Will do a smoke report on that in a bit. The 5 plants in the tent weighed 10 ounce 23 grams cured.

Gluebreath and Gorilla Bubble , also taken early and were small runty plants. I managed to roll a couple doobs of each and liked it enough that I'll be popping more beans of both at some point in 2017.

We are in the midst of selling the house so no more flower rooms till we get settled in to the place we decide to buy.

right now, in the 32 foot fifth wheel RV I have parked in a buddy's barn a few KM away , all my plants are in veg till we buy a place and get settled. We've got 3 months to figure it out but we are putting an offer on a new place on Monday so we will see.
Right now the list of growing varieties on deck in the veg space:
Fire Alien Kush f2
OJSDKB f2 #2
Lucky Charms x OJSDKB
Scoutbreath
Old Grandpa Scratch
Darlin's Net
Swordfish
Shiskaberry f1
Shiskaberry 3 f2
KPA
Forum Cookies
GG#4
Purplelazerlite - 2 phenos and a male

2017 is gonna be fun :)

Tynehead Tom

Post some hunting scenery pics if you can. :tiphat:

hmmmm, will see what I can do. Camera is still packed in the camper. Been so wet out here in BC , the camera hasn't come out much on the hunting trips for scenery shots. I came home early from deer hunting because of the fog on the plateau. 20 yards visibility for 2 days straight LOL sucked.

helios212

hehehe yeah , I remember you saying that you were going on a hunt ( seeing you posting means everything went fine =) )
im sure you ll find something, I hope everything goes as planned =)

Tynehead Tom

I've done well so far but not everyone appreciates hunting so kinda keeping the subject at the minimal for the benefit of those who may be offended hehehe. I rely on wild game and fish for my food so it is a necessary pursuit. Not that I don't have money or grocery stores ..... but look around..... the general health of the population in Canada is generally pretty shitty LOL I very rarely suffer illness, flus, colds or otherwise.

anyhow, have filled 2 of my 3 deer tags, 1 of the wifes deer tags , my moose tag and got one more deer tag and an elk in February to see about. That and harvested 60 pounds of potato, 45 lbs of white onion 30lbs of purple onion, 40 lbs of carrot , a years supply of herbs and spices for the kitchen and a lil over 3 pounds of weed.
been a good fall's harvest so far I'd say.

Tynehead Tom

Any pics of the gorilla bubble ?

Awesome strain choices :)

thanx man ;)
I'm a bit of a hoarder and collector LOL
the only GB bx2 pics I took I posted in the gorilla bubble thread. not many and none in flowering really. The plant itself that I flowered was very runty and not representative of other's plants posted. Heavily to the sour side I suspect. I'll make a better attempt later in the new year with the good stock of seed I have left. All of the others I popped of the GB BX2 were looking great and on par with other's plants as far as appearance, structure, ect but they were all males this time round.

I like to buy beans in amount that I can do a small test grow and either move on or add to the must grow soonest list. So I buy 2or 3 packs of the same stuff and pop a few beans.... 4 to 10 of several varieties at a time and the standouts get added to the mom room for passing on to friends for growing and sampling and feedback before I pop more. Some varieties end up falling by the way side for not keeping up in vigor, for being finicky with my choice nutrients and ph and my general methods or for just not impressing me in general. It can get to where some plants don't get the attention they deserve to be what they can be , like the gorilla bubble bx2 runt and the 1 headbanger x ancient og. They didn't appear to be thriving in my conditions while everything else excelled. So not the genetics per say, but most certainly the grower and the growers circumstances led to some plants not finishing on time for mandatory tear down (selling house) and others just being culled early due to non performance or not meeting the criteria I have.

I will grow Gorilla Bubble BX2 again and have at least a dozen seeds left to play with ;) Tony Green is a cool cat and I have loads of respect :tiphat:

skirbydog

Yo buddy...quite a hoard of produce for self sufficiency !!:tiphat:

Bummer you cant flower off on some...but i know your plans so hopin something falls in your lap. I got some xmas buds finishin up...i show ya...heres a couple...
Schnazzleberry
picture.php

Giesel
picture.php

Larry
picture.php

Latest posts

Latest posts