What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Trump thread part 2 (Or anything else we want to talk about that's ridiculous in politics today)

GOT_BUD?

Weed is a gateway to gardening
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The "tentative deal" includes $20b in cuts to the IRS. Guess who doesn't want to be audited.
I thought it was only 1.8 Billion in cuts. Which overall is a paltry sum of money when it comes to their budget. Which can easily be made up for in later budgets. That 87.000 "new" agents were to replace 50,000 retiring over the next 10 years.

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
I thought it was only 1.8 Billion in cuts. Which overall is a paltry sum of money when it comes to their budget. Which can easily be made up for in later budgets. That 87.000 "new" agents were to replace 50,000 retiring over the next 10 years.
Just looked it up to check.

The Biden administration and Republican lawmakers are prepared to cut $20 billion from funds the agency received in the Inflation Reduction Act — about a quarter of the nearly $80 billion received to spend over the next decade.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
1685573778432.png

some loud mouthed buffoon got caught on tape admitting to taking classified documents...

GOT_BUD?

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Just looked it up to check.

The Biden administration and Republican lawmakers are prepared to cut $20 billion from funds the agency received in the Inflation Reduction Act — about a quarter of the nearly $80 billion received to spend over the next decade.
So instead of 80 billion over 10 years they're only getting 60? Still, future budget shortfalls could very easily be written into the next budget. ;)

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
So instead of 80 billion over 10 years they're only getting 60? Still, future budget shortfalls could very easily be written into the next budget. ;)
It's for a modernization fund for the IRS, not the total budget. Still goes to my point that working people don't have the same opportunities to avoid taxes that rich people have so republicans want the cuts.

• Sad
Reactions: Gry

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
The guy just led a failed coup attemp, trying to overthrow our government, and now he is running for president again with some support. He will fail again. On a brighter note, he might be in jail before he has a chance to run. 😂

Last edited:

armedoldhippy

Veteran
The guy just led a failed coup attemp, trying to overthrow our government, and now he is running for president again with some support. He will fail again. On a brighter note, he might be in jail before he has a chance to run. 😂
he wouldn't be the first criminal to try to run his scams from inside of a cell...

GOT_BUD?

ICMag Donor
Veteran
It's for a modernization fund for the IRS, not the total budget. Still goes to my point that working people don't have the same opportunities to avoid taxes that rich people have so republicans want the cuts.
So I again heard "under 2 billion" so I went looking and it turns out we were both right.

It's cutting funding by roughly 2 billion per year over the next 10 years. Or 20 Billion out of a projected 80 billion. Which can still be changed by the next session of Congress. :ROFLMAO: