What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Trump implies that he might legalize cannabis.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Lactucarium is the milky fluid secreted by several species of lettuce, especially Lactuca virosa, usually from the base of the stems. It is known as lettuce opium because of its putative sedative and analgesic properties. It has also been reported to promote a mild sensation of euphoria. Because it is a latex, lactucarium physically resembles opium, in that it is excreted as a white fluid and can be reduced to a thick smokable solid.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lactucarium

*no wonder rabbits often look stoned outa their heads -

Actually so do some kinds of lettuce.

Just not quite sure how to talk about the details.

Mengsk

Smith111 your goals and ideals are about 100% antithetical to what I'd consider equitable farming. Farm bill is an exercise in government corruption. Our food does not feed the starving it fuels obesity and heart disease. With health care fraud and farm subsidies put together a large piece of US finance or GDP is very shaky. This is an entire fraudulent house of cards which I only wish to see crash or be revealed before it displaces me from my home.

The housing bubble execs, the enron execs, they do not give a sh$# about people who were already removed from their homes years prior. The damage is done in the wake of corrupt a$%@#@s who wish to race ahead with their corrupt schemes. The fraud is rampant. I can look back ten years and see a track record of lies and fraud, in the very least a complete absence of positive trustworthy actions. Now why should I have any reason to believe the same people are any different in the present or looking into the future.

You enjoy all of the government intervention and you even started talking about God and the bible. The fact is you should grow your own plants by yourself and separate your name on paper from monetary value. No finance no employees no monthly paycheck. Just you and your ability to support yourself and your family. Your ranting is so far removed from this concept I do not actually wish you success with your greenhouse endeavour. I would not be running up a racket with police and who knows who else in a cannabis venture. You and your kind represent what has to go immediately. Vote no on you 2018-.

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
Smith111 your goals and ideals are about 100% antithetical to what I'd consider equitable farming. Farm bill is an exercise in government corruption. Our food does not feed the starving it fuels obesity and heart disease. With health care fraud and farm subsidies put together a large piece of US finance or GDP is very shaky. This is an entire fraudulent house of cards which I only wish to see crash or be revealed before it displaces me from my home.

The housing bubble execs, the enron execs, they do not give a sh$# about people who were already removed from their homes years prior. The damage is done in the wake of corrupt a$%@#@s who wish to race ahead with their corrupt schemes. The fraud is rampant. I can look back ten years and see a track record of lies and fraud, in the very least a complete absence of positive trustworthy actions. Now why should I have any reason to believe the same people are any different in the present or looking into the future.

You enjoy all of the government intervention and you even started talking about God and the bible. The fact is you should grow your own plants by yourself and separate your name on paper from monetary value. No finance no employees no monthly paycheck. Just you and your ability to support yourself and your family. Your ranting is so far removed from this concept I do not actually wish you success with your greenhouse endeavour. I would not be running up a racket with police and who knows who else in a cannabis venture. You and your kind represent what has to go immediately. Vote no on you 2018-.

I have to agree. I had been thinking about how his comments both here and in other threads does a good job at summing up what is wrong with legalization.

Smith111

Dude, give it a rest. You are triggered to the max. Relax, it's the holiday time. No need for personal attacks against me. If you can't handle a civil conversation about where cannabis is headed, then please find the door. The personal attacks that are completely untrue are not needed. Please stop.

On a side note, these are the type of comments that represent the worst parts of the cannabis community. Sitting at home without a hope to ever make money in this industry so they find everything wrong with the industry and start to blame it on the guys making it. You sounded triggered when I mentioned God, and how the bible talks about a tax on farmers thousands of years ago. Maybe you should study the part in the bible about the 10 deadly sins. Start with envy. God Bless you. That goes for you too Taco. Even though you guys have all this hate in your heart, I just want to let you know I love you. Merry Christmas.

Last edited:

Smith111

OK if you want to get all religious about it:

Bible verses related to Marijuana from the King James Version (KJV) by Relevance -

Genesis 1:29 - And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which [is] upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which [is] the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat.

Notice that this God was not saying that he gives herb bearing seed to any government to regulate

Genesis 9:3 - Every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you; even as the green herb have I given you all things.

Again its plain that the 'green herb' is given to us - the people- according to this God - not so it can be taxed and regulated by greedy governments.

Ephesians 5:18 - And be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess; but be filled with the Spirit;

And here it looks like this God wants us all to be filled with whiskey, or vodka or some sorta spirit - lol

Genesis 1:12 - And the earth brought forth grass, [and] herb yielding seed after his kind, and the tree yielding fruit, whose seed [was] in itself, after his kind: and God saw that [it was] good.

At least he knows that the 'erb is good

I have no idea if my Gramps bothered to pay any taxes on the little he made from tomatoes - and why should he? He grew and harvested his 'God given fruits' - and they were for him to do with as he pleased - where's the bit in the bible where it says you should pay taxes on fruits or herbs?

Giving alms to the poor isn't a tax - its a charitable form of giving - not a tax so our governments can go wage war all over the world with our taxes.

Absolutely none of those bible passes say anything about what we were talking about IMO. No idea where you were going with that, sorry. You would have to have forgot the "give to Caesar what is Caesar's" and what God said about paying a man for a days wage. None of what you posted above talks about how man can't tax man on those items. Instead, Jesus was very clear one must give to Caesar what is Caesar's, give to God what is God's. Right? There is literally an entire part of the bible dedicated to this concept.

I think my point still stands, that the idea of taking from somebody with a lot, and giving it to somebody with little, has been expressed in human history for thousands of years. Not trying to get into a religious pissing match. Just trying to point out an example of when these ideas may have started. Also not saying I agree with them. Just stating what I see as facts.

Last edited:

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
So you do want laws? :tiphat: Man, you seemed confused.

I want laws that protect people from others.

Cannabis does not hurt people.

Are you just plain dense. Go find a plant more suitable to your personality and quit trying to tell us how to handle things. I am not in support of the way you think. Neither are the majority of good people here.

Tell everyone how you are a fan of laws but want to grow acres of cannabis that will almost certainly need treated by something that has no place in any cannabis garden..

Large commercial growers such as you need to be regulated out of business so small farmers with community and quality as their primary concerns have a chance to thrive.

You are of no benefit to cannabis! Period.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Well man there have not been any Caesar's around for many years - the last one was : Flavius Romulus Augustus (c. AD 460 – after AD 476; possibly still alive as late as AD 507), known derisively and historiographically as Romulus Augustulus, was the Roman emperor who ruled the Western Roman Empire from 31 October 475 until 4 September 476. -

So if Jesus was talking about giving anything to Caesar - the last one died around 1600 years ago - so it would be a little tricky giving anything to him - and how do you give something to this God?

Again - giving charity to the poor is not tax - its a gift.

Absolutely none of those bible passes say anything about what we were talking about IMO. No idea where you were going with that, sorry. You would have to have forgot the "give to Caesar what is Caesar's" and what God said about paying a man for a days wage. None of what you posted above talks about how man can't tax man on those items. Instead, Jesus was very clear one must give to Caesar what is Caesar's, give to God what is God's. Right? There is literally an entire part of the bible dedicated to this concept.

I think my point still stands, that the idea of taking from somebody with a lot, and giving it to somebody with little, has been expressed in human history for thousands of years. Not trying to get into a religious pissing match. Just trying to point out an example of when these ideas may have started. Also not saying I agree with them. Just stating what I see as facts.

Badfishy1

Well man there have not been any Caesar's around for many years - the last one was : Flavius Romulus Augustus (c. AD 460 – after AD 476; possibly still alive as late as AD 507), known derisively and historiographically as Romulus Augustulus, was the Roman emperor who ruled the Western Roman Empire from 31 October 475 until 4 September 476. -

So if Jesus was talking about giving anything to Caesar - the last one died around 1600 years ago - so it would be a little tricky giving anything to him - and how do you give something to this God?

Forced charity is a tax.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Hmmm - maybe, since you are talking about what they perceived as 'Charity' 2000 years ago in the time of Jesus - since he allegedly lived in the time and place of the Hebrews - and you actually mean:

Tzedakah

Tzedakah [tsedaˈka] or Ṣ'daqah [sˤəðaːˈqaː] in Classical Hebrew (Hebrew: צדקה‎) (Arabic : A-Sadaqah الصدقة ), is a Hebrew word literally meaning "justice" or "righteousness", but commonly used to signify charity. Notably, this concept of "charity" is different from the modern Western understanding of "charity", which is typically understood as a spontaneous act of goodwill and a marker of generosity, as tzedakah is rather an ethical obligation.

In Judaism, tzedakah refers to the religious obligation to do what is right and just, which Judaism emphasizes is an important part of living a spiritual life. Thus, unlike voluntary philanthropy, tzedakah is seen as a religious obligation that must be performed regardless of one's financial standing, and is considered mandatory even for those of limited financial means. More broadly, tzedakah is considered to be one of the three main acts that can positively influence an unfavorable heavenly decree.

The word tzedakah is based on the Hebrew (צדק, Tzedek) meaning righteousness, fairness or justice, and is related to the Hebrew word Tzadik, meaning righteous as an adjective (or righteous individual as a noun in the form of a substantive). Although the word appears 157 times in the Masoretic Text of the Hebrew Bible, typically in relation to "righteousness" per se, its use as a term for "charity" in the above sense is an adaptation of Rabbinic Judaism in Talmudic times.

In the Middle Ages, Maimonides conceived of an eight-level hierarchy of tzedakah, where the highest form is to give a gift, loan, or partnership that will result in the recipient becoming self-sufficient, instead of living upon others; in his view, the second highest form of tzedakah is to give donations anonymously to unknown recipients.

*so as a Western modern man an act of charity to me is not a tax per-se - it is a spontaneous act of goodwill and a marker of generosity - in essence - a gift.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tzedakah

Forced charity is a tax.

Smith111

I want laws that protect people from others.

Cannabis does not hurt people.

Are you just plain dense. Go find a plant more suitable to your personality and quit trying to tell us how to handle things. I am not in support of the way you think. Neither are the majority of good people here.

Tell everyone how you are a fan of laws but want to grow acres of cannabis that will almost certainly need treated by something that has no place in any cannabis garden..

Large commercial growers such as you need to be regulated out of business so small farmers with community and quality as their primary concerns have a chance to thrive.

You are of no benefit to cannabis! Period.

No, actually in the other thread you are saying any farmer bigger than your tent grow shouldn't be allowed due to all the pesticides they spray..... Sounds like you want laws, and are too dense to see it.

What do you call a "rule" that prohibits farmers from spraying pesticides if not a law or regulation? You are lost. You are just following me around contradicting yourself because you want to appose me. You sound like a fool. Get over it, this world has laws and regulations. Always has, since the beginning of time. And you agree, at least with your pesticide stance. But you know this, you are just trolling me for some reason. Otherwise, you would see you are contradicting your self with every post.

So quoting your above post, if "cannabis doesn't hurt people" then why are you so adamant about large farms not being able to use pesticides? As the post below are a small indication of.

I guess you make my point for me. I know all about cleanliness. Having a small grow for close to 20 years I have battled a number of things. Some self inflicted. Some from trading clones. A few times because I was paying more attention to other aspects of life and something made it past me.

Either way I know you like rules and stuff. Natures rules. Somerhing will eventually attack. Alot of pests are easy to eradicate in veg without going toxic. I will let you figure out what happens when they get away from you in a huge flower room. But then again you mention pesticides. Pay attention. Unless you intend to label every last bud with a list of what it has been sprayed with. You should not be in business. The reason small grows are safer for the public is we can afford to start over now and then. Once you are producing millions of dollars and a pest gets loose you have to choose to treat or destroy. Lol. I have came to the conclusion that people never starting over is why we have stronger pests and cheaper weed.

I guess I am not familiar with what California approves of. I feel the word organic had been wrecked. That's why I prefer nothing but water. I am aware there are several strategys. For me. There is no approved of anything to treat plants with after flowers form. I do not approve any systemics unless it is a means of saving genetics. If you can actually maintain a grow that size and water is the most toxic thing you are planning on using then I applaude you. If you are just calling it organic because the labeling allows for it. Then I would rather see consumer informed exactly what is in their product.

So can you explain how you don't want cannabis laws and regulations, however you want every bud labeled with everything ever sprayed on it? You complain about the word "organic" being wrecked, but the only thing that governs what "organic" means is laws and regulations. How would you fix the proper term of organic, without a guideline? Contradiction after contradiction.

I love the basement dweller that tells industry how things should be done, lol. Then blames it on the individuals trying to make a living. Pathetic.

Last edited:

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
Everyone is secretly jealous of all of your success and accomplishment.

The way you belittle people gains you status and respect.

Smith111

No clue where you went with all this.......

Just pointed out that there is a clear record of people giving to less fortunate for thousands of years. The idea of giving to Cesar was about taxes, not an actual Cesar. I know you are smarter than this Gypsy, come on dude. :tiphat: If those are serious questions, then you should never quote the bible again with the pretense that you understand it. You are missing some huge basic principles of the bible. I am guessing you will never actually read the bible either, so what is the point here?

The only point I was making is taxes and giving to the poor has been around for thousands of years, backed by writings.

Smith111

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2018/12/22/18146338/marijuana-legalization-2018-win

5 moments that show 2018 was marijuana legalization’s biggest year yet
From Canada to Michigan to California, marijuana legalization had a very big year.

1) Canada legalized marijuana
2) California opened the world’s biggest legal marijuana market
3) Michigan became the first state in the Midwest to legalize pot
4) State legislatures began taking legalization seriously
5) The federal government legalized hemp AKA Trump

Good job so far. Sure seems like legalization is just down the road.

Latest posts

Latest posts