What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Trump implies that he might legalize cannabis.

Smith111

Because...*pesticides* hurt people...DUH....

So then why aren't all the gun laws on guns......

Guns don't carry them selves into no gun zones right? People do.

Obviously, a pesticide law or regulation would fall on the cannabis grower. Hence, laws in cannabis. "DUH"

Are you guys serious? Have you ever applied for a growers licence?

G

Reading these threads and 99% of the posts from all of the posters trying to show each other how much smarter they are than the other guy is kind of a nice switch from watching Idiocracy again.

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
No, actually in the other thread you are saying any farmer bigger than your tent grow shouldn't be allowed due to all the pesticides they spray..... Sounds like you want laws, and are too dense to see it.

What do you call a "rule" that prohibits farmers from spraying pesticides if not a law or regulation? You are lost. You are just following me around contradicting yourself because you want to appose me. You sound like a fool. Get over it, this world has laws and regulations. Always has, since the beginning of time. And you agree, at least with your pesticide stance. But you know this, you are just trolling me for some reason. Otherwise, you would see you are contradicting your self with every post.

So quoting your above post, if "cannabis doesn't hurt people" then why are you so adamant about large farms not being able to use pesticides? As the post below are a small indication of.

So can you explain how you don't want cannabis laws and regulations, however you want every bud labeled with everything ever sprayed on it? You complain about the word "organic" being wrecked, but the only thing that governs what "organic" means is laws and regulations. How would you fix the proper term of organic, without a guideline? Contradiction after contradiction.

I love the basement dweller that tells industry how things should be done, lol. Then blames it on the individuals trying to make a living. Pathetic.

Pretty simple. Anyone who wants to sell it has to have it tested. If you sell over a certain amount it can be treated like other cottage type industry. All I want is a simple logical set of rules. Anyone should be allowed to grow or posess whatever theu can. Safely. If someone wants to poison their personal stash I am ok with that until they share or sell it. If someone wants to sell the just need to have it tested. If they want to sell enough to justify taxes then thats a tax issue. If they want to grow a barn full it should be wired correctly. And things such as wastewater and sustainability should be considered. But as far as a finished product I think that there should be nothing on it. Period. I feel the same way about food. If in fact people are going to starve I am willing to budge and accept some pesticide and fungicide use. But it should be mostly avoided. This is cannabis. And several small farms is better for the plant and community. I don't like laws but when I have to I choose to like the ones that protect people and free the plant.

Smith111

Pretty simple. Anyone who wants to sell it has to have it tested. If you sell over a certain amount it can be treated like other cottage type industry. All I want is a simple logical set of rules. Anyone should be allowed to grow or posess whatever theu can. Safely. If someone wants to poison their personal stash I am ok with that until they share or sell it. If someone wants to sell the just need to have it tested. If they want to sell enough to justify taxes then thats a tax issue. If they want to grow a barn full it should be wired correctly. And things such as wastewater and sustainability should be considered. But as far as a finished product I think that there should be nothing on it. Period. I feel the same way about food. If in fact people are going to starve I am willing to budge and accept some pesticide and fungicide use. But it should be mostly avoided. This is cannabis. And several small farms is better for the plant and community. I don't like laws but when I have to I choose to like the ones that protect people and free the plant.

So you are making a law or regulation that everybody has to have their product tested...... Sounds like another contradiction....... Dude, seriously. You are trying to argue your point about no laws for cannabis, while making laws for cannabis...... You are not a deep thinker are you?

Smith111

Back on topic

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2018/12/22/18146338/marijuana-legalization-2018-win

5 moments that show 2018 was marijuana legalization’s biggest year yet
From Canada to Michigan to California, marijuana legalization had a very big year.

1) Canada legalized marijuana
2) California opened the world’s biggest legal marijuana market
3) Michigan became the first state in the Midwest to legalize pot
4) State legislatures began taking legalization seriously
5) The federal government legalized hemp AKA Trump

Good job so far. Sure seems like legalization is just down the road.

bigtacofarmer

Veteran

Thanks for bringing that up. It seems if someone gets enough money rammed in their eye sockets they lose sight of reality.

So fucking sick of explaining it ok to lose money by not poisoning people. You would think the concept would be second nature to anyone deserving of providing cannabis to others.

Badfishy1

Hmmm - maybe, since you are talking about what they perceived as 'Charity' 2000 years ago in the time of Jesus - since he allegedly lived in the time and place of the Hebrews - and you actually mean:

Tzedakah

Tzedakah [tsedaˈka] or Ṣ'daqah [sˤəðaːˈqaː] in Classical Hebrew (Hebrew: צדקה‎) (Arabic : A-Sadaqah الصدقة ), is a Hebrew word literally meaning "justice" or "righteousness", but commonly used to signify charity. Notably, this concept of "charity" is different from the modern Western understanding of "charity", which is typically understood as a spontaneous act of goodwill and a marker of generosity, as tzedakah is rather an ethical obligation.

In Judaism, tzedakah refers to the religious obligation to do what is right and just, which Judaism emphasizes is an important part of living a spiritual life. Thus, unlike voluntary philanthropy, tzedakah is seen as a religious obligation that must be performed regardless of one's financial standing, and is considered mandatory even for those of limited financial means. More broadly, tzedakah is considered to be one of the three main acts that can positively influence an unfavorable heavenly decree.

The word tzedakah is based on the Hebrew (צדק, Tzedek) meaning righteousness, fairness or justice, and is related to the Hebrew word Tzadik, meaning righteous as an adjective (or righteous individual as a noun in the form of a substantive). Although the word appears 157 times in the Masoretic Text of the Hebrew Bible, typically in relation to "righteousness" per se, its use as a term for "charity" in the above sense is an adaptation of Rabbinic Judaism in Talmudic times.

In the Middle Ages, Maimonides conceived of an eight-level hierarchy of tzedakah, where the highest form is to give a gift, loan, or partnership that will result in the recipient becoming self-sufficient, instead of living upon others; in his view, the second highest form of tzedakah is to give donations anonymously to unknown recipients.

*so as a Western modern man an act of charity to me is not a tax per-se - it is a spontaneous act of goodwill and a marker of generosity - in essence - a gift.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tzedakah

No. I mean if I’m TOLD to give money to the poor, that is a TAX. There is no spontaneity in being FORCED whether through violence (robberies) or incarceration. If held up in the projects that is hardly considered ‘charity’. Charity is tax deductible...

White Beard

So, you want to be in the club, you just don’t want to pay the cost of your membership....

I suppose, if the power company charges you an extra $20 bucks per month to pay for an unfinished reactor that’s ten years overdue and a few billion over budget, that wouldn’t be a tax? Because you can’t yell at the government about it?

Smith111

Thanks for bringing that up. It seems if someone gets enough money rammed in their eye sockets they lose sight of reality.

So fucking sick of explaining it ok to lose money by not poisoning people. You would think the concept would be second nature to anyone deserving of providing cannabis to others.

You just don't understand the concepts being put in front of you......

Tell ya what, why dont you point out how a pesticide can hurt you. Lets start with organic essential oils. You claim anything sprayed on a plant is "poisoning people." How does organic essential oils "poison people?" What chemical interaction is happening here that is concerning? What are the lasting effects? Please back up your claims with some science. :tiphat: Please include dosage rates, application rates, and total coverage per unit of essential oils. Then add projected negative effects.

Feel free to jump in White Beard.

I would love to see some laboratory tests that back these claims up....... I have hundreds of tests in at SClabs, lets go off those test parameters. What contaminants does essential oil produce, how does it hurt people, and can you show me this on a proven test? Or are you guys completely missing the concepts?

beta

Veteran

Tell ya what, why dont you point out how a pesticide can hurt you. Lets start with organic essential oils. You claim anything sprayed on a plant is "poisoning people." How does organic essential oils "poison people?" What chemical interaction is happening here that is concerning? What are the lasting effects? Please back up your claims with some science. :tiphat:

More children accidentally poisoned by essential oils
https://www.webmd.com/children/news/20160513/more-children-accidently-poisoned-by-essential-oils

10 of the most toxic essential oils
https://therestfulhome.com/10-of-the-most-toxic-essential-oils/

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
So you are making a law or regulation that everybody has to have their product tested...... Sounds like another contradiction....... Dude, seriously. You are trying to argue your point about no laws for cannabis, while making laws for cannabis...... You are not a deep thinker are you?

I try to avoid calling names. But now I feel it more of a scientific observation. So listen you dumb fuck. I am against any law that allows people like you to grow one bit more than a good person is allowed. If you cannot promise to provide honest clean product you are an insult to an plant many of us care for more than you have shown anyone here.

bigtacofarmer

Veteran

Tell ya what, why dont you point out how a pesticide can hurt you. Lets start with organic essential oils. You claim anything sprayed on a plant is "poisoning people." How does organic essential oils "poison people?" What chemical interaction is happening here that is concerning? What are the lasting effects? Please back up your claims with some science. :tiphat: Please include dosage rates, application rates, and total coverage per unit of essential oils.

I would love to see some laboratory tests that back these claims up....... I have hundreds of tests in at SClabs, lets go off those test parameters. What contaminants does essential oil produce, how does it hurt people, and can you show me this on a proven test? Or are you guys completely missing the concepts?

Flower only clean pest free plants.

Smith111

Flower only clean pest free plants.

Is that an attempt to back your argument, or a waving of the white flag, lol.

picture.php

Smith111

I try to avoid calling names. But now I feel it more of a scientific observation. So listen you dumb fuck. I am against any law that allows people like you to grow one bit more than a good person is allowed. If you cannot promise to provide honest clean product you are an insult to an plant many of us care for more than you have shown anyone here.

And the truth comes out. The fascist has spoken! Does anybody need to hear more from Taco? Wanting to create laws that hold people back, so the slower less capable people don't feel left behind. Carl Marx has spoken everybody, lol. :tiphat:

You would make a good king, lol.

White Beard

Tell ya what, why dont you point out how a pesticide can hurt you. Lets start with organic essential oils. You claim anything sprayed on a plant is "poisoning people." How does organic essential oils "poison people?" What chemical interaction is happening here that is concerning? What are the lasting effects? Please back up your claims with some science. :tiphat:

You’re the one who inserted essential oils into the conversation, *YOU* are the one trying to make the point...so *make* your point, smart guy: show us that essential oils are harmless when eaten, smoked or vaped, thereby disproving Taco’s point.

Burden of proof is on you

Smith111

You’re the one who inserted essential oils into the conversation, *YOU* are the one trying to make the point...so *make* your point, smart guy: show us that essential oils are harmless when eaten, smoked or vaped, thereby disproving Taco’s point.

Burden of proof is on you

I inserted essential oils into the conversation, because you and Taco said all pesticides are harmful. So really, it's you that is "trying to make the point"

If you can't show how pesticides hurt people, then why come blabbering into a thread about how pesticides hurt people? Seems like you don't actually have an argument. Actually, that much is clear.

You said that pesticides are harmful. Please show how essential oils are harmful?

I guess i will make my point now, even though you guys can't defend yours.

Pesticides are only harmful if:

When ingested/smoked it has a harmful effect on the body

Is actually in the final product after harvest.

Every pesticide has a half life. If the pesticide isn't present after harvest in the buds, then it's safe. If the product doesn't have a harmful effect on the human body even when left in the final product, the product is safe.

Get it? Essential oils sprayed to the day of harvest will leave nothing behind that will harm a human body when ingested/smoked. Many scientific studies on this, I can start posting them if you want. However, you still haven't back your side of the argument. Go ahead now..... Tell me how organic essential oils are harmful to humans when being ingested or smoked in cannabis?

White Beard

And the truth comes out. The fascist has spoken! Does anybody need to hear more from Taco? Wanting to create laws that hold people back, so the slower less capable people don't feel left behind. Carl Marx has spoken everybody, lol. :tiphat:

You would make a good king, lol.
Thanks for so clearly demonstrating what we’d all figured out: you clearly know nothing about fascism, Marx - or how to make a argument.

Smith111

Thanks for so clearly demonstrating what we’d all figured out: you clearly know nothing about fascism, Marx - or how to make a argument.

man, you are really diggin in now. It's almost like you have to disagree with me, even when it's painfully obvious which side is correct. Can I have a ticket to this world of yours, I think it's called Bizaro world.

Strait from Wiki

Karl Marx - Simple English Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
https://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karl_Marx

He believed that no one should have power over another, that everyone should be equal. His most famous book was the Communist Manifesto. He wrote it with Friedrich Engels in 1848. The book is about the ideas and aims of communism.

This has gotten pathetic.

White Beard

I inserted essential oils into the conversation, because you and Taco said all pesticides are harmful. So really, it's you that is "trying to make the point"

If you can't show how pesticides hurt people, then why come blabbering into a thread about how pesticides hurt people? Seems like you don't actually have an argument. Actually, that much is clear.
Stand by what you said: you inserted essential oils, which AFAIK NO one suggested spraying on cannabis. You made no effort to demonstrate that they were harmless, instead insisting OTHERS PROVE *YOU* wrong. You present as if you’ve issued an unbeatable challenge, but all you’be done is call names and declare yourself the winner.

I’m guessing you think it’s funny, and maybe it is, to the junior varsity crowd. The rest of us aren’t impressed.

Not favorably, anyway.

:tiphat: best o’ the Yuletide season to ya

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
I have been supporting my family for over 15 years and have never sold a flower sprayed with or treated with anything but water. And for some reason you are calling me wrong. Get a new career. I find your way of thinking offensive.

Latest posts

Latest posts