What's new

Trump implies that he might legalize cannabis.

buzzmobile

Veteran
If its around the corner - then how long is this corner - is it gonna be a big corner, and take a long time, or is it just there out of reach - and will be with us soon?

Its already taken 20-30 years to get this far - where is the 'Tipping Point?'

It was just around the corner in 1970 as I recall. Good thing I didn't hold my breath. Carry on, Speakers or is it Carrion Speakers?

S

Sertaiz

i love me a good pun. all this talk of tipping point makes me nervous, time to burn one fo hamma da nerves

White Beard

Agreed. Legalization, or its less agreeable cousin, decriminalization, has been “any day now” for a very long time.

The Volstead Act (I believe) was repealed as an acknowledgement that prohibition had failed disastrously by being wildly unpopular and frequently flouted, causing far more long-term damage to the economy and our political system than any transient ‘good’ the measure might have achieved.

We’ve been in that state with cannabis prohibition, but the very continued existence of “free” states has corrupted the official story to where there’s nothing left to do *but* eliminate the restrictions.

Predictably, the “right” is caving big-time like they always do when they see a battle is lost (the total pivot the GOP performed when the realized they’d lost on ‘the gay issue’, for one example). Ultimately, cannabis doesn’t matter to them; maintaining control and staying in power long enough to shred and replace the constitution - and achieving rank among the wealthy, who want their servants class back - is all they care about, everything they give up in the name of that goal will be taken back in the new constitution.

St. Phatty

I wonder if it could be provoked.

How about if a bunch of Cannabis smokers wore MAGA hats and got a White House tour, then lit up right there in the hallway looking at Melania's Red Christmas trees. Yes, she chose red.

Sneak Melania a spliff, put a smile on her face, maybe she'll pitch it to his orange-ness while he's in the tanning machine.

Smith111

If its around the corner - then how long is this corner - is it gonna be a big corner, and take a long time, or is it just there out of reach - and will be with us soon?

Its already taken 20-30 years to get this far - where is the 'Tipping Point?'
All relative. If you take a time line from when cannabis was made illegal in the USA then we are just a faction away. However, if you want a date and time, my best guess will be mid to late 2019 it will be introduced. Just my two cents, :tiphat:.

FULL LEGALIZATION?
NO grow limits?
Full growers’ rights?
NATIONWIDE?

Sounds *great*, if that’s what’s around the corner - is it? How do you know?

LOL, ya, when my shit turns purple and tastes like rainbow sherbet.

One thing I have pressed on these boards for 15 years is the only thing government wants is CONTROL. You can't have control with everything you listed above. So no, that isn't what legalization looks like.

I can't speak on what legalization looks like for others. But for me:

Acres of farms
Processing facility
Distribution companies
Retail locations

Bad side, the taxes and regulations. :tiphat:

beta

Veteran
One thing I have pressed on these boards for 15 years is the only thing government wants is CONTROL.

That's literally the definition of laws. Are you saying we shouldn't have laws? Laws are not possible if the government cannot enforce them.

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
That's literally the definition of laws. Are you saying we shouldn't have laws? Laws are not possible if the government cannot enforce them.

I do not think we should have cannabis laws. None of them.

We already have laws covering all the important part. It is illegal to give it to children, illegal to poison people by pesticide, illegal to poorly wire a building and so on.

I do not see any sane reason to regulate a plant unless it is to direct money to a specific place.

White Beard

I can't speak on what legalization looks like for others. But for me:

Acres of farms
Processing facility
Distribution companies
Retail locations

Bad side, the taxes and regulations. :tiphat:
For me, that’s not legalization, that’s “playing the main game” and if that’s how you roll, great...but if that’s how you roll, then you’ve agreed up front to the taxes and the regulations.

I certainly see the appeal of having acreage and the rest of it: I am not in that money league, and may never be. I have to put my shoulder to the wheel of returning cannabis to general agriculture - I really think that’s the only way to undo all the wrongs that have been done.

Personally, I want to keep myself and my friends alive and very stoned on really good weed, and perhaps boost my parsimonious retirement, which is way short on fun money. And I want not to be bothered by police or other judgmental busybodies while doing it.

Smith111

Sorry, sure isn't. I can grab you, and keep you from moving. That is control, with zero law. The law would come in and say you can't grab another person and control them from moving. Hence putting a measure of control on the offender. They are very close to the same beast however. I will agree there.

For the record, I think we need laws. In fact, I think that is what makes America greater than any other nation that has ever stood on this planet. Our constitution.

I do not think we should have cannabis laws. None of them.

We already have laws covering all the important part. It is illegal to give it to children, illegal to poison people by pesticide, illegal to poorly wire a building and so on.

I do not see any sane reason to regulate a plant unless it is to direct money to a specific place.

So you do think we should have laws then?

For me, that’s not legalization, that’s “playing the main game” and if that’s how you roll, great...but if that’s how you roll, then you’ve agreed up front to the taxes and the regulations.

I certainly see the appeal of having acreage and the rest of it: I am not in that money league, and may never be. I have to put my shoulder to the wheel of returning cannabis to general agriculture - I really think that’s the only way to undo all the wrongs that have been done.

Personally, I want to keep myself and my friends alive and very stoned on really good weed, and perhaps boost my parsimonious retirement, which is way short on fun money. And I want not to be bothered by police or other judgmental busybodies while doing it.

Here is how legalization is defined:

le·gal·i·za·tion
/ˌlēɡələˈzāSHən,ˌlēɡəˌlīˈzāSHən/
noun
the action of making something that was previously illegal permissible by law.
"calls for the legalization of cannabis"

Putting regulations on something that was once totally illegal is legalization brother. By definition. I spend many hours with the local cops getting my business up and running. Let me tell you, they don't give a crap about pot anymore, and I live in one of the most conservative counties in Cali. When I am sitting in a room with law enforcement, talking about retail shops, manufacturing and growing...... I think the ship has sailed.

Just my two cents of course. :tiphat:

EastFortRock

I think Trump doesn’t really cares about cannabis, accept to get leverage on a deal for something he wants. He isn’t really for or against cannabis. If he could get votes for something he wants in exchange for signing some federal cannabis legislation law, I don’t think he would hesitate.

White Beard

le·gal·i·za·tion
noun

Putting regulations on something that was once totally illegal is legalization brother. By definition. I spend many hours with the local cops getting my business up and running. Let me tell you, they don't give a crap about pot anymore, and I live in one of the most conservative counties in Cali. When I am sitting in a room with law enforcement, talking about retail shops, manufacturing and growing...... I think the ship has sailed.

I could be wrong, but take this local example: CBD oil has been ‘legalized’, in that it’s approved for certain uses...but it’s not legal to import it, produce it, or sell it.

That’s a form of legalization that fits the definition you supplied, but to call it ‘legal’ here is to misunderstand the whole concept IMO. I’m sure things are different on the left coast, even in the conservative counties; down here, it’s just like the old days...which is why I push for a form of legalization that eliminates the “old days”.

St. Phatty

Legalization is what our grandparents & great grandparents & great great grandparents had.

Before the DEA and its predecessor organizations ever exhausted.

No forms to fill out. No fear about a physician giving a patient a prescription for painkillers.

Delete the DEA.

I also think we should have a law requiring the DEA to label all their buildings.

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
Sorry, sure isn't. I can grab you, and keep you from moving. That is control, with zero law. The law would come in and say you can't grab another person and control them from moving. Hence putting a measure of control on the offender. They are very close to the same beast however. I will agree there.

For the record, I think we need laws. In fact, I think that is what makes America greater than any other nation that has ever stood on this planet. Our constitution.

So you do think we should have laws then?

le·gal·i·za·tion
noun

I do not feel there should be any law that limits anything to do with the amount or type of cannabis I choose to grow or posess or give away period! If there should be a law it would be making it illegal for nosey bastards to even give a fuck let alone check or even worse regulate what I do with cannabis. Go ahead and lock them up.

And I really do not agree with murica being greater than anyone. We are all one species and the murican way treats much of the world like a cheap whore just for their sheer love of consumption.

Smith111

You guys realize that even tomato farmers have laws right? You guys realize that some years, the government will strait up tell farmers they can't farm that year due to some type of metric.

Laws span every facet of life. There is no country, society, tribe on Earth, that doesn't have a set of rules or laws. That is fantasy land. IMO. Either that or nirvana.

Have you guys figured out the importance of Farm Bill yet? I know it changed the greenhouses I am building. Positive pressure greenhouses or you go out of biz.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
My Grandad used to take me down his allotment where he grew tomatoes - when I was just a lad - and he didn't have any laws on how he could grow tomatoes then - back in the 60's

He would give many of them away - and sell a few - and society let him be.

So why should it be any different for cannabis?

Maybe it was Nirvana - and I still see guys and gals happily growing tomatoes without government intervention - even today.

You guys realize that even tomato farmers have laws right? You guys realize that some years, the government will strait up tell farmers they can't farm that year due to some type of metric.

Laws span every facet of life. There is no country, society, tribe on Earth, that doesn't have a set of rules or laws. That is fantasy land. IMO. Either that or nirvana.

Have you guys figured out the importance of Farm Bill yet? I know it changed the greenhouses I am building. Positive pressure greenhouses or you go out of biz.

bigtacofarmer

Veteran

I feel there should be sensible laws to prevent people from harming others. Other than that my political, social, economic and environmental opinions are equal parts earth loving and anarchist.

Not much you can do to convince me that laws and regulations are going to make my favorite plant safer or improved.

In fact I would guess that when said and done a bureaucratic way of thinking will in fact cause harm to the plant and many of the people that have supported it regardless of ignorant greedy laws.

Smith111

My Grandad used to take me down his allotment where he grew tomatoes - when I was just a lad - and he didn't have any laws on how he could grow tomatoes then - back in the 60's

He would give many of them away - and sell a few - and society let him be.

So why should it be any different for cannabis?

Maybe it was Nirvana - and I still see guys and gals happily growing tomatoes without government intervention - even today.

Well, I think you skipped a few laws.......

If your granddad sold any of those said tomatoes, there are laws stating how he must pay those taxes. Right? Even in the sixties. :tiphat:

You go all the way back to the bible, and we find God's law governing crops. It was standard practice, and still written where everybody can see in the bible, that farmers were to "round the corners" of their crops. This would leave a % of unharvested crops, that the poor would have access to. They would have to harvest it themselves, but very important. This was a form a taxes on crops thousands of years ago. Same Principle today, take from the farmer to give to the less fortunate. (even though government is out of control now, those were the Principles)

You guys make it seem like I am pushing for this type of world. I am just stating the unfortunate facts.

One can look at something and figure out what it is.
Some can look at something and figure out how it will be useful in the future.
Few can look at something and see it for what it is, what it will become, and how it will end.

Take the above into every equation you look at. IMO. :tiphat:

I feel there should be sensible laws to prevent people from harming others. Other than that my political, social, economic and environmental opinions are equal parts earth loving and anarchist.

Not much you can do to convince me that laws and regulations are going to make my favorite plant safer or improved.

In fact I would guess that when said and done a bureaucratic way of thinking will in fact cause harm to the plant and many of the people that have supported it regardless of ignorant greedy laws.

Libertarian law. I love it! I agree without question. However........

Do you agree with children smoking pot? Do you agree with doctors prescribing cannabis for children, even when the diagnosis doesn't call for it? Do you think I should be able to come and rob you of all your pot? Do you think I should be able to steal your genetics and claim them as my own? I could go on, however laws and regulation is needed. Over regulation and too many laws are a serious problem.

With that said, I also agree legalization of cannabis has way too many laws. However, I will still consider it legalization. I will also consider the law as a guideline on how to operate in the future. :tiphat:

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
winner@420giveaway
Tomatoes aren't weed and vice versa. Weed has a psychoactive element, remember? :)

bigtacofarmer

Veteran

Do you agree with children smoking pot? Do you agree with doctors prescribing cannabis for children, even when the diagnosis doesn't call for it? Do you think I should be able to come and rob you of all your pot? Do you think I should be able to steal your genetics and claim them as my own? I could go on, however laws and regulation is needed. Over regulation and too many laws are a serious problem.

With that said, I also agree legalization of cannabis has way too many laws. However, I will still consider it legalization. I will also consider the law as a guideline on how to operate in the future. :tiphat:
Laws already exist for for child abuse, robbery and patents.

I consider alot of laws typos. Part of remaining positive about the future.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
OK if you want to get all religious about it:

Bible verses related to Marijuana from the King James Version (KJV) by Relevance -

Genesis 1:29 - And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which [is] upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which [is] the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat.

Notice that this God was not saying that he gives herb bearing seed to any government to regulate

Genesis 9:3 - Every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you; even as the green herb have I given you all things.

Again its plain that the 'green herb' is given to us - the people- according to this God - not so it can be taxed and regulated by greedy governments.

Ephesians 5:18 - And be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess; but be filled with the Spirit;

And here it looks like this God wants us all to be filled with whiskey, or vodka or some sorta spirit - lol

Genesis 1:12 - And the earth brought forth grass, [and] herb yielding seed after his kind, and the tree yielding fruit, whose seed [was] in itself, after his kind: and God saw that [it was] good.

At least he knows that the 'erb is good

I have no idea if my Gramps bothered to pay any taxes on the little he made from tomatoes - and why should he? He grew and harvested his 'God given fruits' - and they were for him to do with as he pleased - where's the bit in the bible where it says you should pay taxes on fruits or herbs?

Giving alms to the poor isn't a tax - its a charitable form of giving - not a tax so our governments can go wage war all over the world with our taxes.

Well, I think you skipped a few laws.......

If your granddad sold any of those said tomatoes, there are laws stating how he must pay those taxes. Right? Even in the sixties. :tiphat:

You go all the way back to the bible, and we find God's law governing crops. It was standard practice, and still written where everybody can see in the bible, that farmers were to "round the corners" of their crops. This would leave a % of unharvested crops, that the poor would have access to. They would have to harvest it themselves, but very important. This was a form a taxes on crops thousands of years ago. Same Principle today, take from the farmer to give to the less fortunate. (even though government is out of control now, those were the Principles)

You guys make it seem like I am pushing for this type of world. I am just stating the unfortunate facts.

One can look at something and figure out what it is.
Some can look at something and figure out how it will be useful in the future.
Few can look at something and see it for what it is, what it will become, and how it will end.

Take the above into every equation you look at. IMO. :tiphat:

Latest posts

Latest posts