What's new

Truly Unique Smells...!

WelderDan

Veteran
I had one pheno from an LUI x Blue Moonshine cross that smelled like Vicks Vap-O-Rub

F2'd that one. We'll see if any of the progeny has the same odor.

T

theJointedOne

the 98 bubba has that coffee funk smell i love and the taste is all there too!

Littleleaf

Veteran
Had some blueappallo f2 the smelled like burnt rubber when burned but tasted like blueberries.
People would come in and say were the tire fire and beg me to burn one.

northstate

ICMag Donor
I am running an unknown Blue/Diesel cut right now with giant fans, goes a bit purple and smells like kerosene or goof off while growing. The smoke on the other hand tastes like eating a handfull of earth worm castings or rich potting soil. Pretty potent but not for everybody!

Good topic, entertaining read for sure. PuReKnOwlEdge= perfect TW description! The
Arcata cut is in my all time
top 3 favorites.

Agree with TJO about DP=hay in my personal experience.

Last edited:

baet

white widow(came from mendo, definitely strangest smell i've encountered)-
cat SHIT, litter box, with a little bit of rotting food. mainly cat poop. fire though.

unknown og cross- rotting food and b.o.

ice pheno- very much parsley and celery, very fresh, like fresh vegetables, but strong odor still. enjoyable.

chem d-offensive, garlic and fuel in your face. makes some people dizzy while trimming ha. some people say it just smells like chemicals cause its so astringent and funky, pungent.

diesel* (mendo)-pure diesel fumes, kind of sweet, lovely, not as offensive as chem which is nice i think. reminds me of honey and bees for some reason, has to be some subconscious memory triggered by the smell of sweet diesel..

unknown outdoor(clone was mislabeled :/ )- pure orange Tang

sour diesel x cheese- exactly purple Now and Laters candy.

trainwreck- mainly lemon Pinesol. little bit of fuel.

sweet tooth- grape juice concentrate and grapefruit w/ some other fruits, although its very fruity, its very unique fruity, not the bland fruity dutch skunk.

G

Guest3498

Golden Goat!!!!

I have one a bit over a month in flowering now and it smells like haze, lemons, and flinstones vitamins...

silverhazefiend

"Aint no love in the heart of the city"
Veteran
Chem Dawg-Fumes /Alcohol In the jar.. when its smoked smells like shit ..i would wake up and check my room for old garbage somewhere until i noticed it was the smoke from the night b4 u can get dizzy and sick jus trimming ...I have some pics i wanted 2 kno if i threw away a keeper ..she was about 5.4' in a 3 gallon pure sativa almost ..but that smell is all the way alcohol!

G13 labs raw diesel..On the tree smells jus like grapefruits ..and faint fumes..but smoked the taste only translates 2 faint grapefruit ..

P.E..one smelled like wine a grape wine and funk ..on the tree

WwxBb That smelled like onions really short and slow ..but onions and lemons ..jus taste like lemos tho
and the one sour kush freebie that looked jus like a diesel but tasted like earthy coffee ..smelled like faint chocolate when smoked ..

bodymind

Veteran
i have some found unique smells in:

an old land acclimated hawaiian strain - seriously tropical and astringent pine greasy hashplant phenos and some completely tropical fruit punch clean, smelling christmas tree sativas :)

flo - has some really unique smelling phenos - clean clear scents of berry and flowers. and another line of flo that is definitely incense tasting - deep and sweet like nag champa.

arcata trainwreck - brings a whole new meaning to skunky, and not-sweet, lemon- fuel. just really weird smelling. normally i think of skunky strains as normal and middle of the road, but trainwreck is skunkier than all of those and weirder.

oaxacan purple line - just amazing smells off of these plants - dry red wine, cedar, tobacco, pinesol, berry, mint, carrot and earth.

one Q

Quality
Veteran
Any phenotypes that smell of shrimp or seafood? Ginger?

Thanks all for making this thread a great read!!

Keep'em coming

R

Rabbi Reefer

I had some Kush that smelled like I was walking down the hallway of my bubbe's apartment building in the early 60's. A mixture of chicken soup and brisket.

g0vnaa

ICE Cream eater
Veteran
I haven`t tried Sour Diesel or the other Diesels as well.
So I`m wondering do they really smell like "Diesel"?
Like the fuel, diesel, benzine etc..

urpo

Hello :wave:
Last summer, one of mine od early wonder skunks smelled like sausage. I didn´t smel it, but my girlfriend complained all the time. Hey urpo, your weed smels like rotten frankfurters.:laughing:
She is vegetarian, so I kind of understand her.
:dancer:

OldPork

Just finished a pheno of S_a_H's 'Cherry Slyder x Deep Chunk' with a stank that I can only describe as 'dijon mustard in a new car'.

Yeah, I don't get it either...

WOULD YOU HAPPEN TO HAVE ANY GREY POUPON? That's sort of fucked up bro. But I like your lip-smacking choice of strains

G

gloryoskie

Cracked Black Pepper

Cracked Black Pepper

i had a mandala #1 a few years back... smelled extremely Yeasty (not moldy, not beer like, hard to describe, just plain Yeasty) .. with hints of fruit in the back

spicey mint chocolate? sounds dam good to me.

anyone ever had any Black Pepper smells?

Cracked black pepper. Yup. A pheno I have of Sam's thunk. 130 days to finish and I just passed halfway. Lime green plant with the thinnest leaves, long pistols like eyelashes. So pretty.

use

cuban haze i have right now smells like a mix of skunk, gasoline, and milk chocolate.

I also have some real hazey pineapple express. The mix of pineapple/fruit x haze is unbelievable(almost as good smelling as blueberry haze.

use

Cracked black pepper. Yup. A pheno I have of Sam's thunk. 130 days to finish and I just passed halfway. Lime green plant with the thinnest leaves, long pistols like eyelashes. So pretty.

sounds like the cuban haze i'm growing, almost exact match in visual description. bright lime green flowers, thin almost black leaves, long pistils. I'm at week 13, I hope I don't have to wait another month.

Weird Jimmy

Licensed Patient/Caregiver & All-Around Cool Ass B
ICMag Donor
Veteran
a friend of mine had some northern lights a few weeks ago that smelled so mentholated and the smell was insanely strong. Never smelled anything that was even close to that. I told him he needs to track down that cut!!!!

Don Dump

the man doctors said would never moonwalk again
Veteran
one pheno of dutch treat x hashplant, in the jar it smelled like regular ruffles chips

images

Latest posts

Latest posts