What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Truly Unique Smells...!

S

Space Ghost

I have an 8 Mile High that smells just like Skittles candies.

I had a real nice skunk#1 that smelled just like grape skittles and it was very distinct, not just a grape candy smell...

MR_Falcon

Veteran
jack the ripper smelled identical to a white lithium bike grease. i do mean identical... very cool thread.

PoopyTeaBags

State Liscensed Care Giver/Patient, Assistant Trai
Veteran
i got a chemd x nl5 that smell of strait moth balls or something in that area.. and bad very pungent alot of people dont want to smoke it it stinks so bad... but it will split your wig... very potent herb...

burningfire

Veteran
yup, I've had the moth ball/cat piss smell in flower .. later to cure to something like alpine freshener with some dill elements..

I've had plants that smelled like sweet carrots, like lemon pledge, like orange bubblegum and pinesol

some like blackberry with a rancid almost puke like element

others like wild mint

menthol and black pepper, coffee and leather

it's great that there are many different smells available in the genepool.. some of the most aromatic varieties were not the most potent but a lot of potent hash making varieties share similar tones.

G

Guest 168361

I had an AK47 that smelled like peanut butter.....an ive got a space jill that smells like sour baby poop

Z

zen_trikester

i had a mandala #1 a few years back... smelled extremely Yeasty (not moldy, not beer like, hard to describe, just plain Yeasty) .. with hints of fruit in the back

spicey mint chocolate? sounds dam good to me.

anyone ever had any Black Pepper smells?

My Apollo 11 smells first like lemon candy, then straight black pepper, then goes back to the lemon and ends with a lemony funk. Some friends have said the finished product smells like lemon cheese, but I just go with lemon funk. Very rich, thick smell almost like cheesecake. Wonderful!

The KC Mango I kept for a bit was like rotten fruit in an armpit. Not appealing to me but some friends liked it. Taste was different than the smell. That one got tossed.

Jed

You still run this pheno? Did it get better with age?

Yep, Still run this pheno for my head, She has a killer stone most find a little to debilitating. I find the coffee flavor increases with age, Im smoking on some now with a couple months cure and it's strait cup'o joe in my bong hit.

S

Stoner Gardener

Truly Unique Smells...!

I'm almost positive that if I ever got the taste of vomit, acetone or any form of excrement from consuming mj it would be my last time for a long time. LOL!
The berry, fruit, coffee spice flavors are what I've usually hope for, but after years of reading about Diesel, Chems, Trainwreck & Hazes, I'm looking forward to experiencing these tastes next harvest.

one Q

Quality
Veteran
I want some Herb that smell like Pier One. YOU KNOW that place smell good, plus girls cream themselves when they walk in there, so it'd be a bonus... What IS that smell btw like Pine x Cedar x Rattan?

AeroJoe

I'm almost positive that if I ever got the taste of vomit, acetone or any form of excrement from consuming mj it would be my last time for a long time. LOL!
The berry, fruit, coffee spice flavors are what I've usually hope for, but after years of reading about Diesel, Chems, Trainwreck & Hazes, I'm looking forward to experiencing these tastes next harvest.

I can guarantee you that those descriptions are on the positive side, the flavors you describe are some of my very favorite when done right, if you want to try a great example of some diesel, chem flavor you should try out the original sour diesel or some chem dawg it just leaves such a great diesel lemon after taste in your mouth, makes mine water just thinking about it.

OldPork

GHS Hawaiian Snow is the most unique scent. The ripe colas smell just like fresh cut lilacs and chives...and in the jar after it cures it smells like roasted springtime onions.

Wow, my mouth is watering, I wish I had some Coffee-buds those sound amazing.

This is what I've smoked:

Chocolope - Hersheys Chocolate
Thai Tanic - Dark Chocolate
California Outdoor - Limes

This is what I've grown with unique tastes:

Mr. Clean - Pine scented Mr. Clean cleaner
Cinderella #99 x Flo - Sandalwood
Cinderella #99 x Flo - Beachwood
Jack Herrer - Peppery Skunk
Jack Herrer - Pine scented cleaner
White Northern - my fiance complains it stinks up the house like poop, I am too high to notice
Ninja Turtle - Thick Incense( I really don't know what kind )
Ninja Turtle x (MK-Ultra - F1) - Pine and Incense

I think it is hard to describe the weirdest smells that we are experiencing. Many of them are a combination of many things. I have been smelling this jar of a new pheno of
Ninja Turtle x (MK-Ultra - F1) for like 5 minutes and cannot come up with anything better than "thick incense".

Peace, I like the thread.