What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Trick my Pod - The complete Aeroponics primer

®e©o®d

This might be redundant but I will ask anyway. Regarding the shurflow pumps rated at 4 and 5.7 gpm each. Isn't this only 240 and 342 gph respectively? Maybe the calculation isn't as simple as multiplying the gpm by 60. Please help me I thought we needed 800-1050 gph? I am going to build a 4x8' aero under 2 600w hps in cool tubes, btw. ANy advice. I will finish reading the thread over the next couple of days but I need to ask my questions before I forget. - Cheers

®e©o®d

You wouldn't happen to know a formula that will work to allow me figure out what I need from a pump for a certain amount of nozzles? I am excited to get started with this method but my lack of experience with plumbing is prohibitive. I've done several soil grows under different lights with varying soil mixes. I may do an ebb and flow with an additional ultrasonic fogger (to get my feet wet) next but aero is where my heart leads me as far as indoor goes. I have done too many thought experiments for aero to ignore the awesomeness of it. Those of you already pulling off huge nugs and giant beautiful roots are my heroes.

Does anyone have any data on SOG g/w, plants/ft, g/time? I would really like to see some of that yield data peeps.

SweetNightmare

If your gunna do something that big man get one of those 1/2 hp inline pumps a 4x8 aero is pretty big... and the 1/2hp is what they use in the 60 site ones i think...

®e©o®d

Is that 1/2hp inline pump going to be quiet? After remeasuring my space I think a 3' width will be more manageable. My mommas are slow going so I think I still have another 20 days before I make cuts, time is on my side here. I will be SOGing Red Diesel (we will see how it handles this) and a couple of different Kush crosses. Am I kidding myself thinking more than one variety can be managed in a single Pod?

Villain

Well if you buy the 1/2 HP pump it will not be quiet IMO. But if you buy a shurflo smart sensor pump then ou are good for about 12 misters but thats it. Anything more you will need a bigger pump.

Chiefsmokingbud

Slap-A-Ho tribe
Veteran
I have a sure flo dia pump that was pictured and the damn brushes have worn out. JYI the brushes supply power so the stator? will turn. Does anyone know where to find replacement brushes....couldn't find it through shur flo?

Is this bloke (Pod Racer) still around? I appreciated some advice a year or so ago when I was gonna convert from Bubblers to give aeroponics a go - due to a combination of circumstance, butt laziness and wariness of messing with something that works good for me (the bubblers) I never got around to trying it.

However, a mate of mine is getting in the game and I've convinced him to let me use him as a guinea-pig and seeing as I'm funding start up and providing the product he don't have much choice in it anyway.

So on aeroponics if Pod Racer or any other guru cares to offer an opinion.

We're gonna have a 6m shipping container all insulated and dressed up by the time I finish with it with probably 6 x 600's in a single row and a plant under each - yes we're going tree style as I always do in 8 week cycles. Now I know what i'd get in bubblers from past experience but I've always had this thing for air in my roots, more air, plenty of air and this is why I'm still fascinated by aeroponics. I look at my healthy plants and healthy roots at harvesting and even though they'd put plenty to most to shame I still see aerponics roots that'd put mine to shame so I KNOW I can do even better and I won't rest until I give this a try.

What I'm thinking is a 6m long 300mm pipe and pumping that up - think the pipe's big enough width wise? I could go to 450mm but the weight (not to mention the expense) of the damn things is prohibitive - one's I've looked at go from 4mm to 6mm thickness from 300mmm to 450mm so you end up nearly doubling the weight.

Now I'll say it won't stop me if 300mm isn't appropriate, I'd just prefer to run with them than try to lug a 450mm monster into the joint. I also have this vision of just hosing the pipe out when cleaning and I can carry the 300mm myself to my cleaning station but I'd need an ox to drag the 450mmm so I'd have to come up with an in-situ cleaning scenario which I'd rather avoid.

So in a long winded way 300mm dia - good enough to aerponic a plant that will end up around 1m+ tall?

Any response is an appreciated one.

Last edited:

HairlessCaveApe

Coleman coolers make great aeroponic root chambers. Why go an build a cooler when ya can just go on out and buy one at any sportin goods store? They even have handles on each end. Plunbins fairly easy to run in and out, and theyre insulated. What more can you ask for? I use the 10 gallon ones for root chambers and a 20 gallon one for a rez.

HairlessCaveApe

oldbubbler said:

So 300mm dia - good enough to aerponic a plant that will end up around 1m+ tall?

Any response is an appreciated one.
:rasta: Are those mm's plane or with peanuts? If ya do go tree style with aero ya mite wanna do some lst'in too, theyl get massive. It shure would be a great way to keep your plant numbers down. Im doin Lavenders at the present under 600's, aero flower only, for 8 weeks, with a 2 week bubble root and a 2 week bubble veg. I do 4 to a cooler. They go in at about 11" and finish at 36" in 8 weeks. I usta do Sugar Shacks 4 at a time under 400's that started at 7" and finished at 25" in 45 days. Sory bout the " but I dont know nothin bout them m+m's! :rasta:

Villain

Unfortunately None of these TAG guys seem to be around any more. I wish they were because I could have used the help. I actually stopped TAG growing because of that, I just couldn't get tips and I am not trying to spend then next year or two trying to learn through trial and error. I will start back up when I have the space to grow a full production grow AND a TAG grow at the same time to learn from. Right now I am using E&F, and reading all I can about TAG. When I have space I will fire it up while I am still producing dank E&F nuggies.

WildWayne

Hi Villain, Thanks for the response. I must be stupid, I don't know nor can I find E&F. Can you give me the site? I would like to keep up with you and this concept. Thanks

Latest posts

Latest posts