What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

DIY Cabinet Size Ebb & Flow

I was looking for an E&F that would fit in a C24 and came across this on another site...Thank trip!

Supplies:
1. Mixing tub from home depot (27.5"x19.75"x6") $5
2. Ebb & flow fittings from hydro shop $10
3. Black vinyl hose from home depot (5/8"inner diameter 1/2"inner diameter) $3
4. Submersible pump from hydro shop/fish store $10-$30 depending on gph
5. White egg crate(in the ceiling tile section, only comes in 2'x4') $10.50
6. 14 gallon rubbermade tub $5

Tools needed:
1. Drill
2. 1" wood boring bit
3. Snips for cutting egg crate (I used lineman's pliers after making a huge mess with a sawzall.)

Directions:
1. Drill 1” holes at desired locations.

2. Screw in the fittings

3. Cut the egg crate to 18"x15" and snip a 4"x4" hole for the fittings
4. Attach plumbing to pump.

5. Put pump in reservoir fill with nutrients and you are done!

Stand made of PVC

E&F in action in a C24

Dual setup with wood stand...only 5 each in this one but you can fit up to 11 in each using 4" cubes (I prefer the Coco Tek AB.)

I love the dual setup in the closet. I built a solid shelf seperating the resevoir from the tubs so I could have a seperate cloning chamber. Trying to keep the crops rotating.

Any questions just ask!

NC

breeder

Hey Northcoastmed,
Just wanted to bump this back up.
After having replyied to a thread about the use of E&F, I'm starting to get the feeling of going back to it. Been using DWC for a while, but I'm feeling the need for the switch again! Just the high plant count always sends me for a loop when I think about it.
It's been a good solid 5 yrs since i've touched an E&F system. One of my favs.
Over the years I've owned American agrot. systems,2x4, and multiple 4x4, and a small one from GH...the magagarden...which I still have...just waiting to be used again....waiting on my lazy ass to take some cuttings.
Loved'em....So dependable!

Anyway I'm takin a liken to your little set-up. If ya got a min.?
Are you using 1 pump or 2 in the photo with the 2x4 framing?

I've walked passed these tubs a thousand times in Lowe's always with the same thought in mind. However when I discoverd them I was already shut down. Had to close shop for a little while :fsu:
I'm trying to come back out of retirment though :joint:
So with that in mind...
The mental image that I have of them, I thought they were larger then the dia. you gave. I'm I wrong on this or do they have other size's that your aware?
Thx

There are other sizes depending on whether you go to HD or Lowe's. I like the ones from Lowes better but I already had these.

I use only 1 pump with valve between so I can run 1 tub if I want. Optimally you would have a seperate rez and pump for each so you could run different nute levels.

You can fit one tray in a C24. My next setup I want to have 2- C24 cabs so I can rotate crops and have more security. My current setup is a little sketchy for my taste. Plus I would like to have a dedicated circuit for each C24 at the new place.

imnotcrazy

There is ALWAYS meaning to my madness ®
Veteran
I see Tripnoncid's setup workin for many many folks, AFFORDABLE and EASY to build....

Good show NorthCoastMeds

Den0ts

I built this exact setup before i even found the post. I stumbled on the trays about 6 months ago while rummaging through home depot. However i put about 1" of hydroton in the bottom instead of the little plastic grid. I am also using rockwool slabs instead of pure hydroton, etc...

Wow. I found this thread and decided it would be perfect for a veg tray, so i went to Home Depot and everything was still the same price 3 yrs. later.:dance013:! Great find thanks a bunch:respect:

Latest posts

Latest posts