What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Transcend Lighting: The Next Generation T5 30w LED

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Turns out the seeds are either AfGooey or AK47. Packets weren't marked, either one, it should be fun

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Here's a couple pics of the TL LED tubes + bunch of developing leafs

View attachment 351943
View attachment 351944

and then there's this:

When taking pics first thing this morning...

View attachment 351945

Notice anything missing?

Seems I need to fire my guard crab

Still don't see it?

Fucking palmetto bugs must have incredible smell and tracking devices

This is the second time they have eaten my seedlings. Confirmed when I saw one last time crawling toward the plants

So, one batch of either AFGooey or AK47 gone

I tossed 6 Bubblegum X BC Bud #2 ( Bx1) into structured water + TappinRoot + a couple drops H2O2. Anybody know what BC Bud #2 is?

http://www.cannabissearch.com/strains/bubblegum/https://www.bing.com/videos/search?...6C197A6A89EB5340A2D66C197A6A89EB5&FORM=VRDGAR

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Seeds still not germing :dunno:

10 days ago, I ordered Divinia Water which for health, so should also be great for adding to plant nutes

Well, I don't know what's going on with my order for Divinia water, so I dropped the rest of the Bubblegum seeds in Structured water. Keeping my fingers crossed

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
As I am not sure where the problem is with the existing reveg plants, so I decided to replace one white TL tube with their red (flower) tube. The pic does not differentiate that tube, but it looks hot pink

The post flower tube leaf color looks more natural, but plants don't see what i see.

The new seedling is developing leafs, but its' main stem is to weak to support it, hence the net pot. Could that be from lack of reds in the TL white tubes? Dunno

View attachment 352713 View attachment 352714 View attachment 352715

woolybear

Veteran
hi petflora,

as my original leds are over 5 years old by now i need new ones. I'm going to check these guys out.

Are these leds the only ones you're running at the moment?

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
You be the judge, but since replacing 1/4 of the TL white LED tubes with one red, to my eyes there is significant growth since 3/10 (see pic above). I especially note this with the seedling whose stem is thicker now standing on its own, though I will leave the net pot there for a few more days just to be safe

View attachment 353059

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
hi petflora,

as my original leds are over 5 years old by now i need new ones. I'm going to check these guys out.

Are these leds the only ones you're running at the moment?

Ws'up Wolly? I see your green thumb overshadowed the blurple led lol.

If you are referring to T5 leds, yes this reveg will only feature them, BUT, I have other seeds (2/10 taproots showing-finally) which will likely replace the reveg (I might pull it) and move some under my Amare Tech SE 230, which is da' bomb although the TL D 200 did a fine job, however it is $300 more, and too heavy for most tents, it being designed for greenhouses as supplement lighting

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Out of frustration for my seeds not cracking, I added a tiny amount of Gibberlic Acid yesterday. One of my seeds has cracked and another looks ready to, but so far none of the gifted seeds, which are parent seeds from which I pollinated one plant

I also took them out of the kitchen cabinet and placed them on top of the Quantum Bad Boy spine which is warm from the ballast

I am amazed that the buds keep budding with < 300ppm V + B, so I increased daylight by 2 hours now 16/8

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Well, the Divinia Water arrived yesterday. More important to me than my seeds (I know right) is/was a health issue that I have battled for 3+ decades. I have spent many tens-of thousands, minimizing it but never resolving 'it'. Doctors do not know what it is or how to treat it

'It' primarily manifests in my mouth. Prior to swishing and drinking just a few ounces, the area inside my left cheek was quite tender; within a few hours this pain was virtually gone!

At the same time I swished, I added a small amount to 2 glass vessels that different seeds had been soaking for 5+ days. This morning 2/6 my seeds have cracked. The others look as though they MIGHT

Pic is the reveg + one young plant (either AK47or AFgooey) and another that cracked a few days ago. I added ~ 1/4 tsp of Divinia Water this morning and added some to the humidifier and my hand held sprayer for foliar feedings

View attachment 353556

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I'm a believer.

In 24 hours after adding some Divinia Water all my seeds have cracked!
woohoo.gif

The others, the jury is still out

[/FONT]

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
FUCK! I took the dome off lat night to let the young seedling get some air. Sure enough another palmetto bug got to it. I should have moved it to my hot5 spine, which would be well out of reach, although they do fly

Dropped more seeds this morning as the 10 day old soakers did not crack

Weed Dude

Hey Pet!

Grabbing a chair! You should pick up a tarantula, They love palmetto bugs. Had one years ago. I would make a kite string harness for it and then tie the other end to the rail of the porch. Best pest control I ever had and all natural.

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
OK, trying this again. New seeds cracked, one beginning to pop out and one is now ~ 1" tall. Just moved to under the LEDs. Also tossed more seeds in water this morning

View attachment 354541

Light cycle 18/6

Water temp and pH well within good range

Reveg

View attachment 354542

In spite of no new root development (and < 250ppm), it continues to bud, small though they are

Young Plant

Lower left in plant pic AfGooey or AK 47. This one continues to grow, but since it is so tall, I am concerned it might be a male

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
WTF? I checked my babies this morning.

Considering how many I have lost (and > 30 days) I was careful and placed a plastic cup with a solid seal over the one seedling, and yet this morning all that's left is the stem

I'm going to spread Borax around the inside of the tent and room perimeter

View attachment 354695 View attachment 354696

FranJan

http://littlepracticalfrog.blogspot.com/2014/06/killing-cockroaches-with-boric-acid-v.html

"I have since spoken to a friend of mine who works with chemicals for a living and he said they both have Boron in them and that's whats going to kill my wee pests. Boric Acid seems to have a higher concentrate and is finer and so harder for the cockies to step around or even nibble around. He likened the Borax to finding gravel in your food - its easy to spit it out - and that's what the cockroaches will do when they find it in their dinner!"

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
http://littlepracticalfrog.blogspot.com/2014/06/killing-cockroaches-with-boric-acid-v.html

"I have since spoken to a friend of mine who works with chemicals for a living and he said they both have Boron in them and that's whats going to kill my wee pests. Boric Acid seems to have a higher concentrate and is finer and so harder for the cockies to step around or even nibble around. He likened the Borax to finding gravel in your food - its easy to spit it out - and that's what the cockroaches will do when they find it in their dinner!"

Thanks FJ. Nice to see you hanging around! I've enjoyed your LED new product updates over there

The Borax goes around the perimeter of the room, tent and the tote that the table top rests on.

Been using it to control them in my house for years. I find them on their backs legs kicking away, trying to right themselves. So, the obvious question is "What took me so long"?

In my defense, I thought the lizard solved my problem

FranJan

What about diatamacious? That and boric just seem better options than Borax from what that person in Australia said. I like to think Australians know how to deal with all animals :shark:. Plus I worked in NYC restaurants growing up. Always had Boric acid on tap in all the places I worked :). But whatever, you know what's good for you. Just felt like making a suggestion.

Yeah I'm thinking of starting to hang here more and probably start an LED grow tech thread here. Bumped up against your buddy Sativied, (FRANCE BABY!), at that other place and got hammered by the powers that be there. Screw em'. You bully my friends, you get both barrels :) LOL. Plus the LED section is so full of salespeople, egos and hanger-ons, I can't state a simple opinion without some calculator based grower opining how "it doesn't work cause I did some mathematics", or some know-it-all just crapping on a post. It's like the early days of punk rock over there now. "There are no rules but if you don't wear leather and have short hair we're gonna kick your a** in." Crazy. They can all kiss my rock hard Illumitex nugs :nanana:.

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
What about diatamacious? That and boric just seem better options than Borax from what that person in Australia said. I like to think Australians know how to deal with all animals :shark:. Plus I worked in NYC restaurants growing up. Always had Boric acid on tap in all the places I worked :). But whatever, you know what's good for you. Just felt like making a suggestion.

Yeah I'm thinking of starting to hang here more and probably start an LED grow tech thread here. Bumped up against your buddy Sativied, (FRANCE BABY!), at that other place and got hammered by the powers that be there. Screw em'. You bully my friends, you get both barrels :) LOL. Plus the LED section is so full of salespeople, egos and hanger-ons, I can't state a simple opinion without some calculator based grower opining how "it doesn't work cause I did some mathematics", or some know-it-all just crapping on a post. It's like the early days of punk rock over there now. "There are no rules but if you don't wear leather and have short hair we're gonna kick your a** in." Crazy. They can all kiss my rock hard Illumitex nugs :nanana:.

I also have DE. In fact, now that you mention DE, it (the container the power is in) was probably DE or at least a mix.

DE is like microscopic shards of glass which sticks to and cuts the belly of the bugs when they crawl over it. It's also good for humans and pets to kill parasites like worms

How about starting a informative LED thread as well, so you can keep us abreast of what's new and interesting?

PetFlora

ICMag Donor
Veteran
It was pointed out that my led light was too high above the seedling, and of course the seeds that are just getting ready to break ground

Since my Quantum Bad Boy does not have attachment sites at the corners, instead of angling the fixture, I cut the top off the reveg, which isn't setting the world on fire anyway. Now lights are well within range, and should minimize stretch and hopefully encourage side branching