What's new

Top House Republican complaining that Obama administration is not fighting drug war h

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

In~Plain~Site

Yeah, nothing like 50 different immigration policies to homogenize organization.

Keep the discussion on the politics of cannabis or watch another thread get waxed.

Fine.

How many dispensaries were closed after Obama, or rather his lackey, Rahm, threw the left a bone about not using federal resources to obstruct state law?

Riddle me that.

The point was Dems = Nanny state, not that hard to follow.

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
If that were true, Lamar Smith has no point. But the fact is, no dispensaries have been closed w/o breaking their own, state law.

I don't do riddles, try bringing some back-up to your charge.

I

In~Plain~Site

If that were true, Lamar Smith has no point. But the fact is, no dispensaries have been closed w/o breaking their own, state law.

I don't do riddles, try bringing some back-up to your charge.

Don't get it twisted, I'm not onboard with Lamar either, it's just that if we're talking spades, let's call them such.

Just for clarification on your stance in terms of who represents less government, that would be which ineffective party in your eyes?

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
Don't get it twisted, I'm not onboard with Lamar either, it's just that if we're talking spades, let's call them such.

Spades is another one of your riddles. I didn't align you and Lamar, I pointed to yer comment. If true, Lamar has no point. If false, you have no point (in the comment itself).

Just for clarification on your stance in terms of who represents less government, that would be which ineffective party in your eyes?

Whom represents less government is a topic for a political forum in general. I invite you to join one.

I also invite you to list the dispensaries that have been closed by the feds that didn't break state law.

Neo 420

Veteran
If they come into power, you can forget the progress that has been made. Damn shame. We have heard it from the jackass's mouth. I called it from the get go. We maybe in trouble gentlemen.

Neo 420

Veteran
Spades is another one of your riddles. I didn't align you and Lamar, I pointed to yer comment. If true, Lamar has no point. If false, you have no point (in the comment itself).

Whom represents less government is a topic for a political forum in general. I invite you to join one.

I also invite you to list the dispensaries that have been closed by the feds that didn't break state law.

I like you Biscuit. You don't get caught up with tangents. Good work bro..

I

In~Plain~Site

Where was your 'outrage' over 'political content' when this lil' gem graced the page...

Fuck the Republicans and tea party this election. States rights over any chickenshit federal law against ganja. It is a gift from Jah/God. We must go to the polls and not let these evil people win in November. Smokers/growers get off your asses and vote. Also attend the John Stewart march on Washington.

Bashing the right and advocating a left leaning rally...hmmm, I wonder if that violates the TOU?

Tsk, tsk...

No need to respond on that one, I already know your answer.

Oh contraire, mon frare, I do have a point and a simple google search will bear that out..do your own research.

I've included a very small sampling of the 'progress' below.

If they come into power, you can forget the progress that has been made. Damn shame. We have heard it from the jackass's mouth. I called it from the get go. We maybe in trouble gentlemen.

Let's recap, shall we?

Feds Announce New Medical Marijuana Policy

8:02 p.m. PDT, October 19, 2009

SAN FRANCISCO -- A new Obama administration policy loosening guidelines on federal prosecution of medical marijuana on Monday signaled to users that they had less to fear from federal agents but still left their suppliers to contend with a tangled mesh of state laws and regulations.

The Justice Department told federal prosecutors that targeting people who use or provide medical marijuana in strict compliance with state laws was not a good use of their time.

Marijuana advocates and patients called the memo an encouraging step forward from the strict anti-pot policies of the Bush administration. But many worried that the web of laws in the 14 states that allow medical marijuana use could still leave medical marijuana providers vulnerable to prosecution.

"Now we've got to figure out what these words actually mean," said Wayne Justmann, a longtime pro-pot activist in San Francisco who campaigned for the 1996 ballot measure that made California the first state to legalize medical marijuana.

Feds Raid Nevada Medical Marijuana Dispensaries

September 09, 2010

Last October Attorney General Eric Holder said that prosecuting medical marijuana patients and their caregivers would "not be a priority" for the Justice Department, an announcement that led advocates -- and the news media -- to believe the Obama administration was finally putting a stop to the controversial raids of pot dispensaries in the more than a dozen states that have approved the use of marijuana as medicine. The months since, however, have shown the announced shift in policy to be more rhetoric than reality, with federal raids on voter-approved marijuana dispensaries continuing even in cases where the facilities have enjoyed the full support of local law enforcement.
The latest such raid took place Wednesday in Las Vegas, where the Associated Press reports federal agents "served search warrants at several locations" as part of an investigation into marijuana dispensaries in the city. A spokeswoman for the U.S. attorney's office told the AP that the raids were part of an "ongoing law enforcement operation,"

What a difference a year makes, ehh?

I'd like to see some of this progress you speak of, maybe I'm missing something.

You can't seriously be hanging your hat on this one issue alone, can you?

If so, grab your ankles...November is comin' and you're most likely not going to like it :wave:

progress?

I hear ya'...go figure :tiphat:

Space Toker

Veteran
bashing the left is always done here, constantly, so much so that even some hardcore conservatives may be sick of it. I wouldn't know, I am a leftist! ;) :D
The point is, you on the right are always bashing Obama and everyone on the "left", but once in a blue moon when someone criticizes your side, the thread is shut down or at least 10 different neocon-minded folks jump down their throat!

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
circle jerk meets cluster fuck

circle jerk meets cluster fuck

In plain site, you once again confuse a simple offer. Then you mix your response with multiple member's comments, morphing your debate into cluster fuck. Riddles and clusters are no way to run your show.

My initial premise was and still is you can't back-up your initial post. Obfuscation on your part proves it. And responding in such a way that it's obvious you mix and match (sorry, no match) other members' comments is poor debate management.

Reference 'outrage' - On top of giving yourself too much credit, you didn't get that from me. You're not a swimmer and the boat you floated is sinking. Nothing outrageous about that, just unfortunate.

Maybe your site is off, you blasted yer toe in addition to a hole in yer delivery.

There's nothing in your quotes that defends your initial premise. You might assume I equate quotes with proof. All it takes is one read to determine yer water is rising.

Here, I'll throw you a life ring and cut to the chase:

Name a single, solitary dispensary that was shut down by the feds that didn't break state law, after Obama's JD made their announcement.

If your proof was sufficient, you wouldn't suggest I find yer pudding. But that's no pudding, it's a floater in the toilet. After I hit the handle, it's swirling fast and going down the drain. Pretty much like all floaters.

It would be nice if you row your ducks. Throwing a jiffy-pop on the stove with no foil might indeed hit others with popcorn. But it's no head-shot, man fred.

Last edited:

dagnabit

Game Bred
Veteran
In plain site, you once again confuse a simple offer. Then you mix your response with multiple member's comments, morphing your debate into cluster fuck. Riddles and clusters are no way to run your show.

My initial premise was and still is you can't back-up your initial post. Obfuscation on your part proves it. And responding in such a way that it's obvious you mix and match (sorry, no match) other members' comments is poor debate management.

Reference 'outrage' - On top of giving yourself too much credit, you didn't get that from me. You're not a swimmer and the boat you floated is sinking. Nothing outrageous about that, just unfortunate.

Maybe your site is off, you blasted yer toe in addition to a hole in yer delivery.

There's nothing in your quotes that defends your initial premise. You might assume I equate quotes with proof. All it takes is one read to determine yer water is rising.

Here, I'll throw you a life ring and cut to the chase:

Name a single, solitary dispensary that was shut down by the feds that didn't break state law, after Obama's JD made their announcement.

If your proof was sufficient, you wouldn't suggest I find yer pudding. But that's no pudding, it's a floater in the toilet. After I hit the handle, it's swirling fast and going down the drain. Pretty much like all floaters.

It would be nice if you row your ducks. Throwing a jiffy-pop on the stove with no foil might indeed hit others with popcorn. But it's no head-shot, man fred.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_eoqV9UdwU
a picture paints a thousand words..
the feds say they broke state law but refuse to say how..

thats one...
need more there are about 20 throughout the states..
in some they do claim the victim violated state law..no state charges are ever filed?!?!? and no one is told what state law was broken..

the funniest thing is..
you believe a single word that comes from ANY politician's mouth

obama is bush in a nicer suit..just ask the dead Afghanistanis..or iraquis..

but "mission accomplished" turns into "combat operations are over"
and only if your breaking state law means "if we feel like fucking with you"

classic divide and conquer...

Last edited:

SpasticGramps

Don't Drone Me, Bro!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Lamar.... what a waste of skin.

I'm getting to the point where I don't even care about the politics of this country anymore. I'm starting to think it's a lost cause. I quit going to my Tea Party meetings. Tea Baggers is about right honestly. Pre-WWI Conservatism and Libertarianism isn't represented in this country at all anymore. Except for Ron Paul. Ron Paul would legalize weed in a heartbeat.

Like I said a long time ago. Welcome to the hate machine.

dagnabit

Game Bred
Veteran

I'm getting to the point where I don't even care about the politics of this country anymore. I'm starting to think it's a lost cause. I quit going to my Tea Party meetings. Tea Baggers is about right honestly. Pre-WWI Conservatism and Libertarianism isn't represented in this country at all anymore. Except for Ron Paul. Ron Paul would legalize weed in a heartbeat.

look into Wayne Allyn Root..

END THE NANNY STATE
*More Freedom, Liberty & Rights for individuals
*End warrantless wiretaps immediately
*I oppose Eminent Domain by government- our government will NOT take private property under my watch.
*End the pointless (and expensive) prosecution of victimless crimes- end the police state/Big Brother. Billions of taxpayer monies are wasted by the investigation and prosecution of victimless crime.
*The war on drugs is a failure- this is one of the biggest wastes of taxpayer money. Let's start with legalization of medical marijuana- this is a states' rights issue. The federal government has no constitutional right to interfere in this issue versus states that have approved the use of medical marijuana by individuals.
*I support Internet Freedom. I support the legalization, regulation & taxation of Online Gaming (just like U.K.). Prohibition has been proven a failure. Let's legalize, regulate and tax this growing industry- thereby bringing in billions of dollars in new tax revenues that we can use for deficit reduction, homeland security, or the war on terror.

http://www.rootforamerica.com/home/wherestands.php

I

In~Plain~Site

The true ignorance is thinking what is, is somehow better than what was or what may be.

If you choose to ignore facts, that's on you.:wave:

Thanks for the vid, Dag. :yes:

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_eoqV9UdwU
a picture paints a thousand words..
the feds say they broke state law but refuse to say how..

I never said they'd satiate your curiosity.

thats one...
...potential floater.

need more there are about 20 throughout the states..
in some they do claim the victim violated state law..no state charges are ever filed?!?!? and no one is told what state law was broken..
So Perry Mason says it doesn't pass the smell test. But Perry isn't involved in the details. He's taking hearsay for werd and, so far, can render a verdict single-handedly.

But even Perry knows that the jury is still out on this one.

the funniest thing is..
you believe a single word that comes from ANY politician's mouth
Including the ones you'll vote for in November? Now that's funny.

obama is bush in a nicer suit..just ask the dead Afghanistanis..or iraquis..

but "mission accomplished" turns into "combat operations are over"
Yep. Too bad we can't you-tube your anti-war protests before the lid was taken off the preemptive jar. Would be interesting to see how you'd perform with the same circumstanCES dropped in your lap.:D

and only if your breaking state law means "if we feel like fucking with you"
:blowbubbles:fail

classic divide and conquer...
D & C, on that note you pass with flying colors. The rest... not so much.

dagnabit

Game Bred
Veteran
why would a wookie live on endor?

why would a wookie live on endor?

I never said they'd satiate your curiosity.

...potential floater.

So Perry Mason says it doesn't pass the smell test. But Perry isn't involved in the details. He's taking hearsay for werd and, so far, can render a verdict single-handedly.

But even Perry knows that the jury is still out on this one.

Including the ones you'll vote for in November? Now that's funny.

Yep. Too bad we can't you-tube your anti-war protests before the lid was taken off the preemptive jar. Would be interesting to see how you'd perform with the same circumstanCES dropped in your lap.:D

:blowbubbles:

D & C, on that note you pass with flying colors. The rest... not so much.

floating perry masons..

interesting points.. i prefer the chewbacca strategy...

chewbacca.jpg

it just doesn't make sense..

if you believe the police over the citizenry then a wookie would live on endor
but a wookie does not live on endor it does not make sense..

perry mason fucked the pope in a bathtub!

:jump::tiphat:

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran

Interesting post. However, I refer to disagreement, not hate. At least you and I don't have hate thingys in our sig line.

Personally, I'm no lover of politics but the idea of good government is everybody's right to envision.

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
The true ignorance is thinking what is, is somehow better than what was or what may be.

You seem to resort to making it up as you go. Another sign of ignorance. :thank you:

If you choose to ignore facts, that's on you.:wave:
I don't ignore the video. I sees it with me own eyes, hears it with me own ears. The only thing I don't sees nor hears is a verdict. Maybe because one isn't rendered, at least in that video.

Are twenty more of those the same situation, where the street (in this case, the sidewalk) overrules the process? Sounds like potential anarchy to judge from the street. I wish you well in such a system but honestly believe you'd not personally enjoy.

Reminds me when John Gotti was finally busted. Conviction came from evidence, not the fact the feds didn't like the 4th of July fireworks, despite the protests of the street.

Thanks for the vid, Dag. :yes:

Yep, it's about as convincing as your elementary interpretation of facts, or lack thereof. The fact remains, you don't know all the facts. You just take an element and run with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts