What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Tom Hill Haze

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
My cat piss haze(C.banana x THH x A5hazebx x Mac)
DSCN3995.JPG

Last edited:

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
Let's hear more about tom hill haze please. Who has their favorite phenos that want to share pictures of or descriptions? What does everyone look for in their tom hill haze when selection for smoke or in their male or female selections for hybrids?
I only grew one thh plant a few years ago (badly grown, I admit).
Like many of my plants it turned purple at the end of flowering, and had a pleasant aroma of black pepper and spices ... (curiously, a very similar aroma came from ot1haze x original haze by @JohnnyChicago, even if not closely related).
In my opinion (but it's just my humble point of view) thh is a great parental line as it is much more tame than other hz (obviously it all depends on what you are looking for).
Small personal note, I have read a lot of bs about hybridization with skunk or deep chunk or whatever ... bs .... being ohz a polyhybrid of various landraces only changes the selection made by Tom rather than other people.

TheDarkStorm

How is Haze any one persons work ?

Mac i am a bit confused at this statement are you saying the clones Sammy collected are no good ?
Nevils cut a5. You can see how that cut comes out when bred to other things....eg ot1 purple haze an green haze, the ace oaxacan ect....the a5 phenos are huge massive fat colas......only in the most a5/nl5hzA leaning plant nevil pulled out of his 97nevils haze in aus it looks like a clearly different plant....its obvious its not the same cut...I have seen similar to the one nevil pulled out from karmas s1 but the guy had to go through a lot of seed....

Oh by the way if anyone wants to see what the haze bros haze was like from an actual picture from that time, look up original haze family on insta...an see oldman haze in his greenhouse with the haze they were inbreeding that was stable ..screenshot the pic if someone can..(wich they inbred to falling apart by bottle necking it way too much by 80).looks just like Johny C's that flower power grows (wich surprise surprise is stable an seems to breed true...just like a line should when made from 12-15 seeds of 76 haze that was allready inbred an 4 years away from being inbred to falling apart at that point.Same was said by a guy who used to grow with the brothers, that some of the plants from the seedsman line were closest to the haze they knew. Its that one phenotype sort that all the other variations have in common....everything else that shows up wasnt in that ibl line, neither did the haze grower/helper recognize it as any part of their haze, but just additions added later to save an stop the line going they way the brothers did...good job really

TheDarkStorm

Longer answer this time. :)

The patent application is suspended and I have not looked much into it, as I believe they cannot have enough experience and knowledge to know what they are doing. Also for me, living beings shouldn't be patented, but that's a personal opinion. Basically tried to patent the OH with antidepressant effects as an invention, that we have been discussing here on icmag in 2020, when antidepressant effects were getting reported from Mac's Seedsman OH repro... and my inbred Seedsman OH lines. What we call also the great high. The feeling of greatness when you have a real good one.

And I wouldn't compare its antidepressant qualities to conventional antidepressants. But more to herbs and spices that are known for their antidepressant proprieties. They often share the same terpenes. I would also prefer NL1 or medicinal Sour Bubble phenos to OG, because of their cleaner high and certain OH types over everything else for their energetic, clear high with no ceiling.... Having a passion for phytotherapy, I did a study about the most antidepressant Haze type 2 years ago, that does reek almost identic to an african spice that gets used in traditional medicine to treat some major effects of depression. And the nearest terpene profile I have found, has been a Columbian Gold.

Personally I would find irresponsible to recommend OH for depression, as it might worsen the condition. Especially of people with schizophrenia. Some OH types or sativas definitively increase the heart rate and that's not good combined with certain effects. Often seen people panicking, alone becasue they miss the body effect of what for them is "normal" weed or hash. I did smoke some OH once after a marathon run, thinking it was the best for recovery ...... Had low sugar and mineral levels, completely exhausted. And had the worst experience with cannabis or psychedelics in my life, using my favourite cannabis plant ever for depression or anxiety. Therfore I would be careful on recommeding OH for depression or anxiety.

I remember also very well the first and probably only true OH that got sold in Coffeeshops, in the early 90s. Something I am still hunting 30 years later..... Got it gifted the first time from my uncle, as he didn't like the effect. Was to strong for him....... Made him feel unconfortable and caused headaches to a lot people. And the older guys in the NL were used to the very best sativa imports....

Had Metal, soapy, woody, resiny and floral (similar to mahonia) terps, that I do reek almost every spring, since 30 years in the nature. Possibly was haze19, at least according to the infos I got from Sam and few others. But I believe TomHill thinks differently and I usually trust him. Therefore I don't know...

And Nevils Hazes did increase the paranoia levels when they first appeared in Holland. :ROFLMAO: Often made people pass out and/or fall from their chairs. Especially one cupwinner selected by Nevil. Not recommended for depression too... And I guess Tom is clear about the effect of the incense OH types, being not as clear and I add more introspective too. Nevertheless I do like them more than the Hazes that make you to much 🚀🚀🚀

But of course due to their potency, Nevils best Hazes had definitively a medical grade. Longest duration of effect I have ever come across. But as you love to say Maha. Sligthly to much mentally couchlocking.... Until the next day, also at work, with hangover too.... Kind of effects you don't see people reporting very often nowadays.

and so on and so on.... :)
Probably BC, it was only around a couple years. . or B .some of them females were supposed to be all stingy beads....I think BC was the only one being put out in large batches around that time an im sure it was put out as just haze or pure haze...so could have been....

goingrey

Oh by the way if anyone wants to see what the haze bros haze was like from an actual picture from that time, look up original haze family on insta...an see oldman haze in his greenhouse with the haze they were inbreeding that was stable ..screenshot the pic if someone can..
Someone with IG please hook us up. Really wanna see it but not enough to sign up, like many of us I'm sure.

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Nevils cut a5. You can see how that cut comes out when bred to other things....eg ot1 purple haze an green haze, the ace oaxacan ect....the a5 phenos are huge massive fat colas......only in the most a5/nl5hzA leaning plant nevil pulled out of his 97nevils haze in aus it looks like a clearly different plant....its obvious its not the same cut...I have seen similar to the one nevil pulled out from karmas s1 but the guy had to go through a lot of seed....

I have a picture of the 5HzA the one used by Nevil and Shanti to make Nevils Haze with HzC and looks nothing like what people claim is 5HzA.

I personally dont care any more people can believe what ever they like.

The 97 NH i ran produce extremely long flowering plants and so has the F2s funny how NH flowers longer than OH must be the NL5 causing the longer flowering :smoke:

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
What's the IG link @willydread ?

JohnnyChicago

I only grew one thh plant a few years ago (badly grown, I admit).
Like many of my plants it turned purple at the end of flowering, and had a pleasant aroma of black pepper and spices ... (curiously, a very similar aroma came from ot1haze x original haze by @JohnnyChicago, even if not closely related).

That is how my Purple GolliOHxTHH mother does taste too and why I plan to select 4x purple "PurpleOt1Hz x Incense OH" males to preserve both, my PH mother and my PurpleOt1Hz x OH line and improve them at the same time. :)

How was the effect of your purple THH?

I can confirm that indoors under HPS and high temps, these purple THH phenos do get purple in the very last 2 weeks of flowering too. No berry, grape or temperature induced purple terps. But spices, cinnamon with some hints of gas or fermentation. Real special summer vibes and the perfect Chirstmas herb at the same time the Purple OH x THH mother.

Below my (purple OH x THH) x (green Ot1 x OH) that got cobbed and sold to a dispensary in Oregon as "Purple Haze". Selected strictly for NLD it seems. As there are also chunky phenos in the line.

I can clearly see Tom Hills hand in there.
Do you not? :D
puurplehaze (2).jpg
20210919_051258 (2).jpg
20210918_130912 (2).jpg
purplehaze.jpg
multihaze (2).jpg

multihaze.jpg

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
Beautiful plants! The fact that weed is being sold commercially makes me happy ....
From what little I remember ( :D ) it was joyful, cheerful, not trippy or paranoid weed, as you know I'm not good at describing things but your definition is perfect: weed for summer parties and Christmas holidays ...

(Ps If the mods find this part disrespectful or offensive, delete without problems, it is not a criticism to the mods)
I have a lot of respect for Tom, I consider him a great breeder, unfortunately in life people face their problems in the wrong way, with alcohol and drugs, turning into bad people ....

JohnnyChicago

Probably BC, it was only around a couple years. . or B .some of them females were supposed to be all stingy beads....I think BC was the only one being put out in large batches around that time an im sure it was put out as just haze or pure haze...so could have been....

If Nevil meant his pure Haze line did not inbred well, then we can exclude that BC has been one of the very best pure Haze females of the history. Then that 1992-93 Coffeeshop OH must have been Haze B. (Or Haze19)

And if it was haze B, and as it had zero incense, then it gives a new perspective on what Nevils A B C were. As Haze C then must have been an intermediate pheno between A and B.

Latest posts

Latest posts