What's new

Time out of Mind

Sun&Soil

Welcome and Nice work :cool:
Is that a green man on the left ?
Thanks!

Hmmm, I never new he had a name. I will start calling him that regardless.

He was a gift that now watches over my gardens. I move him inside and out depending where my plants have their roots.

Persianfarmer

Afternoon my fellow growers and tokers.

A little about myself...

I'm an outdoor/soil hobbiest that lives in a northern climate. When winter shows her chilling face I retreat to the Dungeon for the LED's. My garden soil (amended native) follows me down there.

Outdoors I typically grow 2 large photos and three autos. Indoors I grow one photo at a time.

I've been in the closet since the late 80's, but since my state legalized homegrow a few years ago it's time to shine! No more carbon filters or small plants behind the corn. Time to stink up the neighborhood with some trees.

I look forward to seeing what you guys and gals are up to and sharing some of my journey.

Green love

Sun&Soil

View attachment 18924700

This past summer grow.
Welcome and yes it is time to share with us your true skills and grow some santa clause trees….looking forward to reading you… that is a superb healty plant with a very high quality soil mix (do you do supersoil????) and she looks like an interesting hybrid, whats her name? She’s sexy

Sun&Soil

Welcome and yes it is time to share with us your true skills and grow some santa clause trees….looking forward to reading you… that is a superb healty plant with a very high quality soil mix (do you do supersoil????) and she looks like an interesting hybrid, whats her name? She’s sexy
Hey @Persianfarmer. Thanks for stopping by.

She was a G13-Genius from Brothers Grimm. Very citrusy flowers with alot of oil.

I use my native soil that's been amended with perlite, sand, and peat moss for drainage. I top it every Fall with homemade compost, hardwood ash, and a covering of a finely mowed combination of grass and hardwood leaves. I sow seed directly in the ground and add worm castings in and around the hole. Just before the transition I top feed more worm castings and water them in.

During the weeks of high sun I give the bed a good drenching. once a week.

I grew a sister of hers indoors the prior winter and Mrs S&S insisted we grow one out under the sun.

20230217_152658.jpg

20230226_121732.jpg

This is what she looked like in the dungeon.

Persianfarmer

Hey @Persianfarmer. Thanks for stopping by.

She was a G13-Genius from Brothers Grimm. Very citrusy flowers with alot of oil.

I use my native soil that's been amended with perlite, sand, and peat moss for drainage. I top it every Fall with homemade compost, hardwood ash, and a covering of a finely mowed combination of grass and hardwood leaves. I sow seed directly in the ground and add worm castings in and around the hole. Just before the transition I top feed more worm castings and water them in.

During the weeks of high sun I give the bed a good drenching. once a week.

I grew a sister of hers indoors the prior winter and Mrs S&S insisted we grow one out under the sun.

View attachment 18925953

View attachment 18925954

This is what she looked like in the dungeon.
Waaaaa waaaa ahhh give that to me…oh I want it…tell me was the high funky psychedelic? You have great skills Jedi S&S
So do you use LAB as well in your soil? Do you use beer to oxygenate your soil? Any bat or seabird guano? Bonemeal? Kelp? Seaweed? Amino acid?

Sun&Soil

Waaaaa waaaa ahhh give that to me…oh I want it…tell me was the high funky psychedelic? You have great skills Jedi S&S
So do you use LAB as well in your soil? Do you use beer to oxygenate your soil? Any bat or seabird guano? Bonemeal? Kelp? Seaweed? Amino acid?
I wouldn't consider the high to be funky psychedelic. It tends to be a nice paced high-not to up, not to down and helps me focus intensely on the project at hand. It can sit you down with a racing mind if you over do it.

Not sure what LAB is, and no to all of the things you listed except a dusting of bonemeal on top of the snow before it melts.

Persianfarmer

I wouldn't consider the high to be funky psychedelic. It tends to be a nice paced high-not to up, not to down and helps me focus intensely on the project at hand. It can sit you down with a racing mind if you over do it.

Not sure what LAB is, and no to all of the things you listed except a dusting of bonemeal on top of the snow before it melts.
Ok pretty similar to a Greencrack high?
LAB now that is something you would appreciate. It is Lacto B. Which you obtain by taking rice water and mixing it with milk…it is very healthy for human as well and packed with beneficial microbs…Do try and let me know if you like the results (watering in soil or spraying in leaves, you can add it to your composte and things will go faster…)

Sun&Soil

Ok pretty similar to a Greencrack high?
LAB now that is something you would appreciate. It is Lacto B. Which you obtain by taking rice water and mixing it with milk…it is very healthy for human as well and packed with beneficial microbs…Do try and let me know if you like the results (watering in soil or spraying in leaves, you can add it to your composte and things will go faster…)

Equal parts?