What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Time out of Mind

Sun&Soil

Afternoon my fellow growers and tokers.

A little about myself...

I'm an outdoor/soil hobbiest that lives in a northern climate. When winter shows her chilling face I retreat to the Dungeon for the LED's. My garden soil (amended native) follows me down there.

Outdoors I typically grow 2 large photos and three autos. Indoors I grow one photo at a time.

I've been in the closet since the late 80's, but since my state legalized homegrow a few years ago it's time to shine! No more carbon filters or small plants behind the corn. Time to stink up the neighborhood with some trees.

I look forward to seeing what you guys and gals are up to and sharing some of my journey.

Green love

Sun&Soil

20230910_203244.jpg

This past summer grow.

Sun&Soil

those are some nice flowers

we grow outdoors at 37 degrees latitude

I am thinking you are farther north and probably need something that finishes before Oct 1?…
I'm @43 degrees and can make it until the end of October most years. My plants endure some light frost and snow on occasion and it's always a gamble those last couple of weeks. I'd estimate 5 out of 6 years I get a lightly ambered finish.

Indicas and indica dominant hybrids certainly are my friends here and sativas are grown only in the dungeon.

This year I actually took some damage from an unusual week of 90f in late flower. I lost about 30% of the harvest to budrot on the tall one, including my main cola.

After years of growing outdoors up here I anticipate loosing 30% to br, pm, and rust. This leaves more then enough, as I only grow for my wife, self, and a few other family members.

I'm a firm believer that planting directly in the ground vs a pot gives me the extra protection I need to make it through the cold snaps.

Cheers

jokerman

Premium user
Afternoon my fellow growers and tokers.

A little about myself...

I'm an outdoor/soil hobbiest that lives in a northern climate. When winter shows her chilling face I retreat to the Dungeon for the LED's. My garden soil (amended native) follows me down there.

Outdoors I typically grow 2 large photos and three autos. Indoors I grow one photo at a time.

I've been in the closet since the late 80's, but since my state legalized homegrow a few years ago it's time to shine! No more carbon filters or small plants behind the corn. Time to stink up the neighborhood with some trees.

I look forward to seeing what you guys and gals are up to and sharing some of my journey.

Green love

Sun&Soil

View attachment 18924700

This past summer grow.
gadzooks ☝️ Beautius! Welcome !
Before I joined this group I had the heartbreak of psoriasis,now I just have the heartbreak .

Latest posts

Latest posts