What's new

Ticals 2000w 4x8 tent, multi strain grow show

SB.J

everything looks really good, just went through all 11 pages. I had a couple questions if you dont mind answering.

do you use the entire grand master feed schedule with either the conni or the sensi? Or are you just using a base and then a couple additives? I was wondering what bennis you use of AN: voodoo juice, pirahana, and tarantula??

I used AN Conni grand master feed schedule using a Feed (worked my way to 1/2 strength, never above that, ph 6.3) and RO water (ph 6.3) with SS#4 + chunky perlite and still had some nute burn. Thinking about Feed (1/2), Water, Water next time. But do you think switching over to sensi would be a better idea???

do you think the conni is better with quality over quantity than the sensi??

TicalionStalion

its really hard to say bro...I THINK conni might be better suited for hydro? Im not sure man, maybe it sticks in the soil and builds up too easy...but I will say this is my best harvest ever and the quality is top notch. so its got me wondering if I should use conni again, just in a real careful way.

I did use all of the additives, liquid piranha, voodoo, tarantula in veg. all of them in flower except overdrive. this round I just ran big bud till i ended the nutes. worked out well. I feel like overdrive ontop of conni woulda burned bad.

if I do use the conni again with all the adds, Ill prolly do 1/4 strength conni + additives, water, additives w no conni, water, 1/4 conni + additives, water, additives w no conni, water...and so on.

but I will say, even with a bit of over conni'ing them this round in the beginning...everything filled out REALLY great, and the quality is just as good if not better. I take it back, I think the factor X def. added some gooeyness, the ignitor really did create more sites up along the whole stem, and going haaard with the rhino skin really helped. some of those giant colas woulda snapped without the rhino, I know that for a fact. because that BDSSH gets sooo heavy, and these are some of the biggest colas of her yet, and they arent supported up, I mean a bunch is all flopped over, but the biggest colas are still help up without any added support.

TicalionStalion

Nice grow! been shopping for a tent and 1000w setup. Have you used the 4 x 4 ? If so, what about 2k in one that size? Think it would fry it or is the heat easy enouh to control?

bro, 2k in a 4x4 wouldnt fit lol. u may be able to suprise urself tho. the 2k in the 4x8 sits at 72-73 degrees even after lights have been on for 10 hrs. but I really dont see cramming all that light in the space barely big enough for 1k. I thought I was crazy for 2k in the 4x8, but it works like a charm as long as u vent the heat out correctly with the right air flow. Id go with 1k in a 4x4, they are sometimes really 4.5x4.5 and 7 feet tall...or 2 600s with good air cooled hoods that would both fit!

bro, 2k in a 4x4 wouldnt fit lol. u may be able to suprise urself tho. the 2k in the 4x8 sits at 72-73 degrees even after lights have been on for 10 hrs. but I really dont see cramming all that light in the space barely big enough for 1k. I thought I was crazy for 2k in the 4x8, but it works like a charm as long as u vent the heat out correctly with the right air flow. Id go with 1k in a 4x4, they are sometimes really 4.5x4.5 and 7 feet tall...or 2 600s with good air cooled hoods that would both fit!

Have you seen the dual bulb growzilla ac hoods? Thinking 2k... 220000 lumens in a 4 x 4 space. Hood is abot 2x2. But after seeiing yoyr results im rethinking it. Great job! I have a detroit d that i keep around cuz she makes such pretty nugs and is potent as hell. Just likes to throw a few nanners near the end. Excited to see what kind of weight you pull

TicalionStalion

hey guys, sorry I havnt updated in a while! got myself a vortex brewer and decided to do a full tent of bdssh, all 100% OG. so with my brewer, some EWC, a few dif types of guanos, dry budswelll, humics....here I am at what I THINK is either day 65ish or day 75ish....infact I should go check trichs, but I feel like they could swell a good bit more. so the leaves took a beating, got toally used up by the plant, but the flowers are soooooo frosty and sticky and smelly. Im very sold on fully OG gardening. next round will be even more amazing, plants will be in better shape at the end....aslong as the buds kick fuckin ass right?

16x BDSSH...here, first is an old pic I never got around to posting of this batch in early flower...uniform as shit, I love it! ;) keep in mind this is a dead ass hot summer crop (a week of almost 90 in the tent, its now leveled out at 84-85) AND the flowers are the frostiest in quite some time. very impressive to me. please click the pics to view full size, looks much better. co2 boost was runnin in there the whole time too.

these will be down within the next 2 weeks.

Attachments

• ssh 8-1 tent bgn flr.jpg
    ssh 8-1 tent bgn flr.jpg
    129.2 KB · Views: 15

TicalionStalion

and now....well a few days ago...

Attachments

• ssh 8-1 1.jpg
    ssh 8-1 1.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 17
  • ssh 8-1 2.jpg
    ssh 8-1 2.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 15
  • ssh 8-1 3.jpg
    ssh 8-1 3.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 15
  • ssh 8-1 4.jpg
    ssh 8-1 4.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 15
  • ssh 8-1 5.jpg
    ssh 8-1 5.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 14

TicalionStalion

few more...

Attachments

• ssh 8-1 9.jpg
    ssh 8-1 9.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 14
  • ssh 8-1 8.jpg
    ssh 8-1 8.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 19
  • ssh 8-1 7.jpg
    ssh 8-1 7.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 13
  • ssh 8-1 6.jpg
    ssh 8-1 6.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 19

TicalionStalion

some tent shots. the fan leaves all gracefully yellowed and dropped, self trimming. I kinda fucked off alittle and didnt water as much and as often as the plants demanded...the heat didnt help, but this is gonna be the cleanest, best tasting, burning, smelling herb. grown with only FIRE compost tea, EWC tea, dry guanos, and guano teas. roots organics potting soil.

Attachments

• ssh 8-1 tent 1.jpg
    ssh 8-1 tent 1.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 14
  • ssh 8-1 tent 2.jpg
    ssh 8-1 tent 2.jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 15
  • ssh 8-1 tent 3.jpg
    ssh 8-1 tent 3.jpg
    123 KB · Views: 16

TicalionStalion

Thanks for the reply bud. Nice to know someones lookin! Cant wait for next run...deathstar and blue dream 100% offish cuts rootin as we speak ;)...real excited to flower out both. Iv been thinkin its really amazing how dank this round looks considering the plants used themselves up early and i was hittin 90¤ in there...well i plan to keep updatin this thread again. Hope to get everyone on board. Since im super OG now id love for the OG folks to chime in. My good friend jaykush has been busy w his hands in the dirt lol... literally.

TicalionStalion

On a side note from this grow, im alittle torn on how i wanna do my next garden, i got so many things runnin thru my head, mainly that i wanna utilize every square inch of that 4x8 tent by using my 2 whole complete 4x4 white botanicare tray setups with stands and res'...i just csnt decide if i wanna stick w soil and use them to keep the plants and a better working ncwatering level...or do i wanna go full blown flood and drain? Im pretty sure im gonna do 12...maaaaybe 16 deathstars in 5 gal smart pots...if im not gonna do soil, i was thinking of giving a 50/50 hydroton/grodan grow cubes mix, or 100% either or? I was also thinking of using only one of the 50 gal tanks mixed w the AN, and hand watering ever day or every other? Man my mind is racin! Trellis? Fuck man im gonna come up w something reeeal tight so stay tuned for the current harvest pics, the next setup w the 4x4 trays....and pleeease give me some thoughts on this shit show book i just shat out on u guys haha. Thanks!!

El Bandito

Beautiful! If you like organics, why not stick with soil and use blumats for watering? Then just hand feed with teas and such. Best of both worlds.

I am moving my grow inside in a couple of months, and my space is 5x8. Gonna follow your lead with the 2 x 1000 watt air-cooled lights. Since you have lots of experience with this setup, I am hoping I can pick your brain. If you were limited to six plants, what would you do to maximize the effectiveness of your light output? I am thinking of using ten gallon smart pots. Can't do vertical because I'll have heat issues if I don't use the cooling tubes.

I'll be watching your next grow... Best of luck to you!!

catalyte

Veteran
looking great TS!

the organic nutes really do bring out flavours and terpines in strains... FACT!

coonword

Glad to see some updates!!! so you didnt use any advanced last round? they look awesome im still waiting myself for u to teach me a few new tricks haha hit me up man

DrFever

Veteran
you here allot of of people mentioning hydro will grow faster yield more blah blah blah
but you never here the real side of growing in hydro like
how much more time is spent on them girls maintaining ph, nutrient issues rez temps etc the list goes on what about a major power outage anyways
IMO keep it soil may be think about going bigger pots like use 5 gallon pots for training and prior to flowering flip to 10 gallon
one thing great about soil is water / feed and i can go on holidays for a week :))
would love to see a hydro guy leave his grow for a week and see what happens