What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

This Is How You Kill Powder Mildew Forever!!!!!

Phenome

-
ICMag Donor
"The International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC)classifies naphthalene as possibly carcinogenic to humans and animals (Group 2B). The IARC also points out that acute exposure causes cataracts in humans, rats, rabbits, and mice; and that hemolytic anemia (described above) can occur in children and infants after oral or inhalation exposure or after maternal exposure during pregnancy. Under California's Proposition 65, naphthalene is listed as "known to the State to cause cancer". A probable mechanism for the carcinogenic effects of mothballs and some types of air fresheners containing naphthalene has been identified."
Figured this is useful since it is one of eagle 20s active ingredients.

Grøn

naphthalene has a characteristic odor and inhalation exposure to it every grow is bad for you the grower not the plant or the pepol smoking the bud.

Hence i think its bull to advise pepol to use such a product

bigblue72

been telling people for years that eagle 20 is safe once in veg as long as you don't start drinking or snorting it you will be fine

frostqueen

Fuck being new or old timer, you really want to use poison every grow you make.

naphthalene has a characteristic odor and inhalation exposure to it every grow is bad for you the grower not the plant or the pepol smoking the bud.

Hence i think its bull to advise pepol to use such a product

As cannabis starts to become legitimized legally, it's interesting to see what is happening now on various forums. There are the old school rude-as-hell semi-literate Bro Science people still peddling whatever paranoias and premature conclusions they have come to - being really rude and dismissive and trying to start monkey knife fights - while many of us have moved on to being respectful to each other and approaching these topics like intelligent professionals by actually looking at what REAL science has to say about these issues. These comments are usually coming from people who haven't even read the fucking thread yet.

We all know that myclobutanil is nasty stuff. That's been established. We are trying to quantify how nasty here, how pervasive after the fact. None of us want to be unsafe or poison ourselves or others, but there may still be some acceptable use for this fungicide in cannabis production. Or, maybe not. Can we get a little basic respect?

More facts, less opinions. Just saying'.

frostqueen

Krunchy: THANK YOU for stepping up and bankrolling a test. This is the sort of thing we need a lot more of here. You are a gentleman and a scholar. :tiphat:

I have a feeling that once myclobutanil travels through a plant's tissues it fixes there. If this is the case, a plant moving into flower grows quite a lot more and forms new tissues: the flowers. It could be that the myclo only shows residues when the flowers have already formed to some extent. That is pure speculation, of course.

I still want to see some more tests to verify these results. I am going to set aside the funds to get a specific ppm test done here in Oregon now. I have a group going into flower tonight, and I'm going to put a small throw-away tester plant in there too and hit it with Eagle 20 to try to get a number.

testing criteria: a 2.5 ml/gallon concentration of Eagle 20, sprayed until runoff on day 1 of flower.

We should see some residue with this test based upon what is currently believed about myclobutanil and how pervasive it is. Understand that it will be 9 weeks of flower and then a couple weeks more to dry it and to get the test done, so it will be around mid-August when I post results.

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
Krunchy: THANK YOU for stepping up and bankrolling a test. This is the sort of thing we need a lot more of here. You are a gentleman and a scholar. :tiphat:

I have a feeling that once myclobutanil travels through a plant's tissues it fixes there. If this is the case, a plant moving into flower grows quite a lot more and forms new tissues: the flowers. It could be that the myclo only shows residues when the flowers have already formed to some extent. That is pure speculation, of course.

I still want to see some more tests to verify these results. I am going to set aside the funds to get a specific ppm test done here in Oregon now. I have a group going into flower tonight, and I'm going to put a small throw-away tester plant in there too and hit it with Eagle 20 to try to get a number.

testing criteria: a 2.5 ml/gallon concentration of Eagle 20, sprayed until runoff on day 1 of flower.

We should see some residue with this test based upon what is currently believed about myclobutanil and how pervasive it is. Understand that it will be 9 weeks of flower and then a couple weeks more to dry it and to get the test done, so it will be around mid-August when I post results.

Thank you!

I was going to say, WE NEED more tests....

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I fucking despise broscience but what's with the hate on for knife fighting monkies.

Fuckin' eh KB

For anyone posting results, make plain if possible what specific brand name, the dosage and time until tested. I'll see if I can track down a lab to test, there should be one in Van. No shortage of oversprayed commercial in BC and I know a few who spray.. pretty late.

Post application mobility wouldn't be too hard to determine. Tag a fan treated and compare to something that grew after flip/spray.

I'll poke around a few academic resources as well. Phenome raises a great point that should be explored thoroughly and there may well be other adjuvants/other products of degradation/combustion to examine.

whadeezlrg

Just Say Grow
Veteran
thanks KB! good to know!

I wonder if the lab would be willing to itemize what pesticides they tested for? just to solidify the results....time to go buy stock in dowAG now lol

Phenome

-
ICMag Donor
thanks KB! good to know!

I wonder if the lab would be willing to itemize what pesticides they tested for? just to solidify the results....time to go buy stock in dowAG now lol

abamectin, bifenazate, bifenthrin, carbaryl, cypermethrin, diazinon, myclobutanil, paclobutrazol, permethrin, resmethrin
I'm sure it is a screening for these at toxic levels.
Has nothing to do with myclobutanil after combustion until we have ppm results.

krunchbubble

Veteran
thanks KB! good to know!

I asked to test for Myclobutanil specifically....

krunchbubble

Veteran
abamectin, bifenazate, bifenthrin, carbaryl, cypermethrin, diazinon, myclobutanil, paclobutrazol, permethrin, resmethrin
I'm sure it is a screening for these at toxic levels.
Has nothing to do with myclobutanil after combustion until we have ppm results.

There was NO myclobutanil detected to combust....

B

ben_710

Looks like i'll be getting some eagle 20w. I've never had any real issues with PM but it seems like there always a little bit hanging around in the corner of my flower tent.

Phenome

-
ICMag Donor
I asked to test for Myclobutanil specifically....

Strange, this is what the website says.
We currently screen for the following: abamectin, bifenazate, bifenthrin, carbaryl, cypermethrin, diazinon, myclobutanil, paclobutrazol, permethrin, resmethrin.
So would you have to pay to screen each one of these???
Seems like that could get very expensive.
I figured you just had a basic full spectrum pesticide test done...

krunchbubble

Veteran
Strange, this is what the website says.
We currently screen for the following: abamectin, bifenazate, bifenthrin, carbaryl, cypermethrin, diazinon, myclobutanil, paclobutrazol, permethrin, resmethrin.
So would you have to pay to screen each one of these???
Seems like that could get very expensive.
I figured you just had a basic full spectrum pesticide test done...

They probably tested for all those, I was only concerned and asked for myclobutanil...

I buy DHN clones,so no need to spray for bugs....