What's new

This Is How You Kill Powder Mildew Forever!!!!!

Phenome

-
ICMag Donor
very little information is available to evaluate myclobutanil in the context of tobacco use, as Eagle 20 and myclobutanil-based fungicides are not approved for use on tobacco plants in the United States (6,7). Myclobutanil is approved for use on tobacco cultivated in China, however, and a 2012 study has demonstrated that 10% or more of the active pesticide remains on tobacco leaves up to 21 days after treatment, with residue present from 0.85 parts per million (ppm) up to 3.27 ppm (8). Using tobacco as a model for pesticide retention, it is probable a considerable amount of myclobutanil may remain present in cannabis weeks after fungicide application.

Of the three primary decomposition products formed, HCN holds the greatest concern. Chronic exposure to dilute hydrogen cyanide (ex. 0.008 parts per million) is not immediately deadly (10), but is known to cause serious neurological, respiratory, cardiovascular, and thyroid problems (11, 12, 13). Cannabis retaining even marginal amounts of myclobutanil (ex. 0.03 ppm) could potentially expose consumers to non-lethal, but clinically relevant levels of HCN.

III. Myclobutanil is co-extracted with cannabinoids during concentrate production
Studies of two other conazole fungicides, tebuconazole and propiconazole, have demonstrated that these chemicals are co-extracted during production of essential oils (14). Moreover, the process of extraction, treatment, and concentration can cause tebuconazole and propiconazole pesticide residue to accumulate at levels 250 times higher than the starting material (14). Myclobutanil is highly soluble in many of the solvents used in cannabinoid extraction (ex. ethanol, butane, and carbon dioxide)(15,16), and unquestionably co-extracts with cannabinoids during concentrate production. The process of removing residual solvent and increasing cannabinoid concentration very likely increases levels of myclobutanil, and other chemically-similar pesticides

6. "Myclobutanil; Pesticide Tolerance. a Rule by the Environmental Protection Agency on 03/26/2008." Federal Register. National Archives And Records Administration, 3 Mar. 2008. Web. 5 May 2015. <https://www.federalregister.gov/articles/2008/03/26/E8-6205/myclobutanil-pesticide-tolerance>.

7. Daley, Paul, David Lampach, Savino Sguerra, and BOTEC Analysis Corporation. "Testing Cannabis for Contaminants." Washington State Liquor Control Board. Washington State, 12 Sept. 2013. Web. 5 May 2015. <http://liq.wa.gov/publications/Marijuana/BOTEC%20reports/1a-Testing-for-Contaminants-Final-Revised.pdf>.
8. Pfeufer, Emily, and Bob Pearce. "2015 Fungicide Guide for Burley and Dark Tobacco." College Of Agriculture, Food And Environment. University Of Kentucky, Jan. 2015. Web. 5 May 2015. <http://www2.ca.uky.edu/agcollege/plantpathology/ext_files/PPFShtml/ppfsagt8.pdf>.

11. "Cyanide Compounds." Air Toxics. U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, Jan. 2000. Web. 5 May 2015. <http://www.epa.gov/ttnatw01/hlthef/cyanide.html>.

12. El Ghawabi, SH, MA Gaafar, AA El-Saharti, SH Ahmed, KK Malash, and R Fares. "Chronic Cyanide Exposure: a Clinical, Radioisotope, and Laboratory Study." British Journal of Industrial Medicine 32(1975): 215-219. Web. 5 May 2015.

13. "Toxicological Profile for Cyanide." Agency For Toxic Substances & Disease Registry. U.S. Department Of Health And Human Services, July 2006. Web. 5 May 2015. <http://www.atsdr.cdc.gov/toxprofiles/tp8.pdf>.
14. Blanc, P, M Hogan, K Mallin, D Hryhorczuk, S Hessl, and B Bernard. "Cyanide Intoxication Among Silver-reclaiming Workers." The Journal of the American Medical Association 253(1985): 367-371. Web. 5 May 2015.

15. Tascone, O, C Roy, JJ Filippi, and UJ Meierhenrich. "Use, Analysis, and Regulation of Pesticides in Natural Extracts, Essential Oils, Concretes, and Absolutes." Analytical and Bioanalytical Chemistry 406(2014): 971-980. Web. 5 May 2015.

16. Tomlin, C.D.S. (ed.). The Pesticide Manual - World Compendium, 11 th ed., British Crop Protection Council, Surrey, England 1997, p. 854

Last edited:

whadeezlrg

Just Say Grow
Veteran
I would think that it would be more relevant if they conducted those tests with multiple periods up to 63-70 days, I don't think anyone is spraying their buds with eagle at week 5-6 of flower...I would sure fucking not anyways.

Phenome

-
ICMag Donor
Im sure the funding/interest would be there to conduct the relevant test you speak of if it was approved for use on tobacco here.
Ps. Your train cart thread i cant get over. Been thinking about it every day. Good work

whadeezlrg

Just Say Grow
Veteran
that makes sense, and I didn't even think of that honestly. one day!

Thanks! apparently I need to spread some reputation around, glad ya like the box :)

Phenome

-
ICMag Donor
that makes sense, and I didn't even think of that honestly. one day!

Thanks! apparently I need to spread some reputation around, glad ya like the box :)

Yeah it's always been a dream, I meant to say conex not traincart but you know what I mean :biggrin:

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I would think that it would be more relevant if they conducted those tests with multiple periods up to 63-70 days, I don't think anyone is spraying their buds with eagle at week 5-6 of flower...I would sure fucking not anyways.

think again
i wouldn't, you wouldn't
there are many that would not

but many that would as well

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
Krunch glad to see your still banging it out. Use to follow your threads years ago. I remember when the shit hit the fan for you. I had my own scare but now I'm back peaking around.

About to be, if not already off probation!

ZERO police contact in 5 years, a fucking miracle...

Except that one time I got pulled over by Federal Police in a State park for going 7 over the speed limit with a bong in the car....

Little dickhole 18 year cop old let me go with his "warning about to abuse of drugs"....

Peoria

Hi Krunchbubble,
I just registered here on ICMAG, but I've been following your posts for a while. I have a question if you would take a moment to answer it. I am in week 4 of flower and I have tried a lot of organic and natural remedies for PM and none of them worked, so I decided that I'd hit it with Eagle 20. BEFORE ANYONE FREAKS OUT, it's my own grow, for me only, and I've accepted the risk. I am confident that with 4 weeks of flower left, a week of dry and several weeks of curing, the myclobutanol will have dissipated enough. Anyway, I sprayed a lite dose of Eagle at 1 ml in a half gallon of water. I sprayed about 3/4 of it, mostly on the one strain that is bad with PM, and a very light coating on the stems and tops of the other plants. I sprayed it in the dark period and didn't enter the room for a day. After two days, I took a look and the pm had gotten WORSE. My question is:

How long does it take for Eagle20 to take effect? Should I have drenched the plants instad of using it very sparingly? Can it overcome the spread of the pm, or should I keep using band aid solutions like sodium bicarbonate? Should I use Sodium Bicarbonate and hit it once more with Eagle 20? I can't afford to lose my crop!

Thanks for the help!

krunchbubble

Veteran
Hi Krunchbubble,
I just registered here on ICMAG, but I've been following your posts for a while. I have a question if you would take a moment to answer it. I am in week 4 of flower and I have tried a lot of organic and natural remedies for PM and none of them worked, so I decided that I'd hit it with Eagle 20. BEFORE ANYONE FREAKS OUT, it's my own grow, for me only, and I've accepted the risk. I am confident that with 4 weeks of flower left, a week of dry and several weeks of curing, the myclobutanol will have dissipated enough. Anyway, I sprayed a lite dose of Eagle at 1 ml in a half gallon of water. I sprayed about 3/4 of it, mostly on the one strain that is bad with PM, and a very light coating on the stems and tops of the other plants. I sprayed it in the dark period and didn't enter the room for a day. After two days, I took a look and the pm had gotten WORSE. My question is:

How long does it take for Eagle20 to take effect? Should I have drenched the plants instad of using it very sparingly? Can it overcome the spread of the pm, or should I keep using band aid solutions like sodium bicarbonate? Should I use Sodium Bicarbonate and hit it once more with Eagle 20? I can't afford to lose my crop!

Thanks for the help!

A small ozone generator in the grow or a 8-10% hydrogen peroxide drench works well....

Peoria

Thanks for the quick reply!

I don't own an ozone generator and I'm going to bleach the room after this cycle and treat all my incoming clones with eagle 20 at the first week of flower from now on, so I don't really want to invest in one. I have a bottle of 30% h2o2, do I just water the plants through my automated irrigation system with roughly 1/3 h2o2 and 2/3 water? Does that have to be a small amount or until runoff? or do I foliar spray it on the plants?

krunchbubble

Veteran
Thanks for the quick reply!

I don't own an ozone generator and I'm going to bleach the room after this cycle and treat all my incoming clones with eagle 20 at the first week of flower from now on, so I don't really want to invest in one. I have a bottle of 30% h2o2, do I just water the plants through my automated irrigation system with roughly 1/3 h2o2 and 2/3 water? Does that have to be a small amount or until runoff? or do I foliar spray it on the plants?

Make a 9% solution out of the 30% and spray the hell out of your plants...

The PM may come back and you may need to spray again, but this is an easy and effective way to get rid of PM...

Peoria

Thanks again, one last question:

Do I use ro water or tap, and do I need to ph the water? I was thinking tap water since PM doesn't like high ph, and the tap where I live is ph8. Also, will this damage trichome production at all?

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Depends on spray pressure/application method. If you have a loupe, test out a lower and scope before/after.

Not sure on the other q.

I've sprayed the peroxide and it works great. I wouldn't worry about trichomes because if you don't spray you'll have a pile of trash come harvest time instead of good smokable buds. I never looked with a scope but I had a good bit of mildew a few years ago, sprayed every couple days with h202 and it kept most at bay for a couple weeks until harvest time. The room was too full to coat every surfaces I had to keep spraying, but if you do a good job coating the plants maybe you won't need to spray as much as I did. At harvest I filled an 18 gallon storage tote with water and h202 mix and dunked every branch and shook really good to clean up anything to missed and to stop it from spreading while drying. After that bin it went into another bin with only water to rinse off residual funk. Then in front of a fan for ten minutes to dry it off. The buds turned out about 8.5/10 and were sold for usual price with no complaints of quality or mildew flavor /smell etc. The buds were a bit darker green than usual but looked great and had most of their nose left.

Been growing since 97 and tried lots of stuff. The dunk method I picked up from a Cervantes video I saw on YouTube a few years ago. Blew me away. Good luck with the white stuff.